DJI Mavic Air 2 Will Not activate
3757 16 2020-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
solution7
lvl.1

United States

OK now I have reached my limit with DJI.  I spent my hard earned money $1000 and I am not able to activate or bind the drone to my account.  I am on the phone right now with Amazon trying to possibly return the item.  However Amazon is out of stock and now I am back to being at the back of the line to recieve another drone possibly someday.  I am leaving on a 1600 mile trip and planned to have this drone with me.  Now all I have is a $1000 piece of plastic.  

I have tried everything every possible way to activate.  I have spent 7 hours on the phone between amazon and DJI and at this point I have reached a boiling point of angee.  

The reviews for this drone are going to be terrible, and I will be leaving my own review every single place that takes reviews.  I have not had help from DJI I have not recieved an email back as promised.  The customer support on the phone can barely speak english and it is impossible to deal with them.  Bad bad on you DJI -  to think I encouraged others to purchase this drone.  sad sad for them.  This is a known issue THAT COULD BE FIXED ON YOUR BACK END DJI.  Get it right.
2020-5-20
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

What errors are you getting?
Is this a pc issue, not communicating with the AC?
Does the activation start, and then just seemed to hang?
You are using the DJI assistant correct?
We could some more details, and we might be able help...

2020-5-20
Use props
solution7
lvl.1

United States

oxfff activation error purchased from Amazon ...  

Will not activate so that I can actually use the thing
2020-5-20
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

OK, I'll try again:

Is this a pc issue, not communicating with the AC?
Does the activation start, and then just seemed to hang?
You are using the DJI assistant correct?
We could some more details, and we might be able help...

2020-5-20
Use props
djiuser_RTsnfXovurr6
New
Netherlands

I have the same problem with my new never used mavic air 2
The controller won’t connect with the drone

2020-5-20
Use props
solution7
lvl.1

United States

Flycaster Posted at 5-20 11:28
OK, I'll try again:

I am have the drone set up.  I am ready to fly and the app on my phone says to "bind to account"  When I click that it comes back with "network error" error code oxff -  

I have updated firmware on both the controller and drone.  
2020-5-20
Use props
djiuser_RTsnfXovurr6
New
Netherlands

2020-5-20
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

solution7 Posted at 5-20 11:32
I am have the drone set up.  I am ready to fly and the app on my phone says to "bind to account"  When I click that it comes back with "network error" error code oxff -  

I have updated firmware on both the controller and drone.

Have you logged into you dji account? Even after activation, I think you have to do a final login to your account?
I know your trying to use your IOS device, but you may want to try a buddy PC to activate/log into your account...
Here is a link to activate with IOS:
https://www.google.com/search?cl ... &sclient=psy-ab

2020-5-20
Use props
fans85de1284
lvl.1

United States

Flycaster Posted at 5-20 11:38
Have you logged into you dji account? Even after activation, I think you have to do a final login to your account?
I know your trying to use your IOS device, but you may want to try a buddy PC to activate/log into your account...
Here is a link to activate with IOS:

Unfortunately just got off of support with DJI.  It is a known issue and I have to return it and wait until they are back in stock to get one.  Literally ruined a big part of my 1600 mile photography adventure.  I am crushed absolutely crushed.  I work damn hard to get my time off and the resources to purchase this drone and now something that has been planned for some time is now ruined in part at least.  Severely disappointing
2020-5-20
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

solution7 Posted at 5-20 11:32
I am have the drone set up.  I am ready to fly and the app on my phone says to "bind to account"  When I click that it comes back with "network error" error code oxff -  

I have updated firmware on both the controller and drone.

Basically you activate when you first power the craft and remote up and then complete any firmware upgrades.
2020-5-20
Use props
djiuser_vxfw8slIO0Hn
New

United States

djiuser_RTsnfXovurr6 Posted at 5-20 11:33

me too beyond frustrated
2020-5-20
Use props
djiuser_vxfw8slIO0Hn
New

United States

Visual Air Posted at 5-20 12:28
Basically you activate when you first power the craft and remote up and then complete any firmware upgrades.

when i try to update it says aircraft connection required..
2020-5-20
Use props
djiuser_vxfw8slIO0Hn
New

United States

fans85de1284 Posted at 5-20 12:04
Unfortunately just got off of support with DJI.  It is a known issue and I have to return it and wait until they are back in stock to get one.  Literally ruined a big part of my 1600 mile photography adventure.  I am crushed absolutely crushed.  I work damn hard to get my time off and the resources to purchase this drone and now something that has been planned for some time is now ruined in part at least.  Severely disappointing

i just got mine today and it will not connnect to the aircraft
2020-5-20
Use props
djiuser_vxfw8slIO0Hn
New

United States

fans85de1284 Posted at 5-20 12:04

i understand...same here im angry
2020-5-20
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Am I correct in assuming everyone with this problem bought from a place other than DJI directly? I had no issues at all and never even saw any activation message. Is that because it came direct from DJI? I do remember having to activate my Mini, bought from Adorama.
2020-5-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are terribly sorry that the Mavic Air 2 was failed to be activated and the unpleasant experience with our customer support team, I managed to get your email via your Forum account and upon checking your SN, the drone needs to be sent back for the replacement service. You could choose either to send back the reseller or DJI repair center. We will inform the email support team to reply to your email as soon as possible.
For the frustration with our phone support team, may we have your contact number for further investigation?
2020-5-20
Use props
djiuser_o2XKZJHG2ywC
lvl.1
Botswana

hello 2021,just got my mavic air 2 and facing the same problem. In africa too
Activation prohibited please contact dji support 1112
2021-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules