Mavic Pro / Smart Controller Combo purchase question
880 10 2020-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RickBlacker
lvl.2

United States

If you purchase the Mavic Pro / Smart Controller combo, do you still get the standard controller that comes with the mavic?

*EDIT*

Sorry all, I went and checked to see if the purchasing page shows the box content and it does.   So, the answer is no, the standard controller does not come as well.  I'd delete this post but it doesn't look like I can.  

2020-5-20
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

No, if you buy it as a combo you get the smart controller and the drone.

If you want both, you have to order a combo with the regular controller and order the smart controller seperatly. Cost a bit more. I ordered it like that.

It's possible to set the SC as primary and setup the normal as a secundairy. Primary has always priority.
2020-5-21
Use props
djiuser_2WYZeJzeW9yB
lvl.1

United States

Do others have a problem with the controller failing to land their drone leading to a crash?
2020-5-21
Use props
RickBlacker
lvl.2

United States

JohnDG Posted at 5-21 05:35
No, if you buy it as a combo you get the smart controller and the drone.

If you want both, you have to order a combo with the regular controller and order the smart controller seperatly. Cost a bit more. I ordered it like that.

Hi JohnDG,

Do you feel it was worth buying both?
2020-5-21
Use props
KDP +
Second Officer
Flight distance : 947930 ft
Belgium

Hello RickBlacker,

I have bought a Mavic 2 Pro with Smart controller in combo package... I'm very happy with this controller (and with the drone also !).  Just take if from the charger and start flying... no linking or wiring to do...

The only disadvantage it has, is maybe the weight (and the volume it takes) when you are travelling a lot...  But otherwise, it looks very professional also !

I would not want to change it anymore !

Best regards!
2020-5-21
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Belgium

RickBlacker Posted at 5-21 11:46
Hi JohnDG,

Do you feel it was worth buying both?
Absolutely. I had the first version of Mavic pro. No SC these days. The display of my smart phone didn't had the brightness the SC has. Sometimes the connector came out, the display turned b/w telling connection lost. Getting the connector in while the drone was stil hanging there. Other times the holder started covering the light sensor of my gsm, turning the display darker. The smart controller is worth not having all those problems. It find it's place in my photo bag next to the drone, my camera and an extra lens. The SC is the size of the normal controller with a smart photo constantly attached to it.
2020-5-21
Use props
RickBlacker
lvl.2

United States

Hi JohnDG..

I meant do you feel it was worth buying the standard controller AND the smart controller together.  Or, do you mean that you've had both, the original controller with your Pro1 and then upgraded to Pro2 with smart controller?

I think I misunderstood what you mean when you said you had both.  I thought you purchased both controllers with your Pro2
2020-5-21
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Belgium

RickBlacker Posted at 5-21 15:29
Hi JohnDG..

I meant do you feel it was worth buying the standard controller AND the smart controller together.  Or, do you mean that you've had both, the original controller with your Pro1 and then upgraded to Pro2 with smart controller?

Hi RickBlacker,

at the time I ordered the Mavic 2 Pro and the smart controller, I had to wait for another 2 months.  The situation for me was that I just sold my Mavic Pro (1st version) and only the Mavic 2 Pro with standard controller was immediate available at that time. Since I needed to take some airial pictures I ordered and had the smart controller in backorder.

Since I received the smart controller, I use that one for 99,9% of the time. I've put up the original controller as a secundairy. It is a spare and one to be used for instructional purpose for me. The main controller overrides all commands of the secundairy, so ideal to instruct someone.

If you have no real purpose for having a secundairy or spare controller, you'll be just fine with the smart controller alone. No hassle getting your smart phone in and connected, no problems with cables, visability of the screen. It's a bit bigger and heavier than a normal controller without the phone.

Just go for the combo with the SC if you have no means of having a secundairy controller. You won't regret it.
2020-5-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi RickBlacker, glad to hear that you've figured it out, do you still want to delete this post? If yes, please reply to me to confirm it, I'll delete it for you.
2020-5-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_2WYZeJzeW9yB Posted at 5-21 10:31
Do others have a problem with the controller failing to land their drone leading to a crash?

Hi there, is there anything we can help with? If yes, please provide us with more details.
2020-5-25
Use props
djiuser_2WYZeJzeW9yB
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_2WYZeJzeW9yB Posted at 5-21 10:31

Yes, my controller can no longer calibrate the control sticks after just 18  months which lead it to crash.  DJI reports there is no warranty and it is not covered under the extended care program. I was told I would need to spend 300-400 for a new one. There is no damage to the controller and it was never dropped, apparently just poor quality.
2020-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules