539 4 2020-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ctickle
lvl.1
Flight distance : 117297 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all,

Just purchased a DJI Mavic Air 2. Great drone and my second in DJI's lineup. Previously had a P3SE and didn't have much if any confidence when flying it where I am located.

My question is what insurance would everyone recommend?

I know DJI have their care refresh plan and I am keen to hear experiences and advice about this, however would also like to see if anyone has any alternatives for drone users here in the UK.

I will be using my drone only for personal purposes and want to be covered against the standard, accidental damage, interference etc.

Keen to hear any advice and experiences.

Many thanks
2020-5-20
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not sure if the UK offers personal articles policies. But here in the US
I have State Farm, I paid $60 for the year and it covers both MP, Zoom and
Goggles Re's. If either drone falls in the ocean they are covered without
having to retrieve it. Also covers for theft or any crashes.
2020-5-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello, Ctickle, good to hear that you've got a Mavic Air 2, Hope you can enjoy it.
It is recommended to get the DJI Care Refresh as well, DJI Care Refresh is a service plan that provides you with peace of mind, covering damage to your Mavic Air 2.
DJI Care Refresh is valid for 12 months and offers up to two full replacements at an additional charge if the drone is damaged because of accidents or during normal use.
For more detail about DJI Care Refresh, please check the link below.
https://www.dji.com/service/djicare-refresh/info#faq
2020-5-20
Use props
ctickle
lvl.1
Flight distance : 117297 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 5-20 20:39
Hello, Ctickle, good to hear that you've got a Mavic Air 2, Hope you can enjoy it.
It is recommended to get the DJI Care Refresh as well, DJI Care Refresh is a service plan that provides you with peace of mind, covering damage to your Mavic Air 2.
DJI Care Refresh is valid for 12 months and offers up to two full replacements at an additional charge if the drone is damaged because of accidents or during normal use.

Thanks for the reply Natalia.

I am rather apprehensive to purchase DJI Care Refresh as I have contacted support numerous times and they are not very helpful...

I want to know if I was flying over the sea and the drone ended up in the sea and unretrievable due to user error.

Another scenario I am interested in, would be me flying into trees, would this be covered?

The information I have read this far has been hazy to say the least and the definitions provided could be interpreted different ways. I am not very faithful that if something happened to my drone I would get a replacement through DJI care refresh.
2020-5-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

ctickle Posted at 5-21 04:43
Thanks for the reply Natalia.

I am rather apprehensive to purchase DJI Care Refresh as I have contacted support numerous times and they are not very helpful...

Sorry for your unpleasant experience with our Support.

If the drone is unretrievable, it will not be covered the DJI Care Refresh Plan.  The parts covered by this service plan should be sent to DJI for the replacement.  So if the drone was flying into trees by user error and the broken drone body is retrievable, it will be covered.

For more terms about this service plan, please check the link below.
TERMS OF DJI CARE REFRESH SERVICE
2020-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules