No option to Record Audio with Video Cache on the Fly App?
9599 27 2020-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cocoqui
lvl.1
Puerto Rico

Today I was recording a community activity and tried to record the audio with the video I was recording. In other drones I just turn on the option Record Audio with Video Cache on the Fly App settings and I am able to record the audio on the cached video files on my phone while the drone is recording. With the Mavic Air 2 I can not do it because there is no Record Audio with Video Cache option. Is there something that I'm missing?
2020-5-20
Use props
Vlas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't believe that it ca. Hope that changes.
2020-5-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, cocoqui. I apologize for the inconvenience. Mavic Air 2 does not support recording audio while cache video. I've transferred your advice to our product department. Thanks for your feedback.
2020-5-21
Use props
fans56deaf72
New
Indonesia

Yes indeed I was not expecting that feature taken off from DJI fly. I’ve been using audio recording in go4 to talk through my drone footage and just realized my recently bought air 2 can’t do the same.! Great disappointment!!! Pls fix that!
2020-11-12
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

Or you use a screen recording app or a simple audio recording app like many others already do.
Be creative.
2020-11-12
Use props
cocoqui
lvl.1
Puerto Rico

It is a feature that can be included and is not, that is the point.
2020-11-12
Use props
Niknik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

There was active in DJI GO 4 but not in DJI FLY yet but this is not a problem
2020-11-12
Use props
djiuser_ROaanaD49PIr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 715856 ft
United States

MySky Posted at 11-12 13:18
Or you use a screen recording app or a simple audio recording app like many others already do.
Be creative.

You are clearly missing the OP point here.

I have a Mavic Air 2 and I've invested $750 in the DJI Smart Controller.  The SW engineers at DJI in their infinite wisdom (oversight) neglected to port this most fundamental feature over to DJI fly.  

Now, the DJI Smart Controller's $750 onboard mic and any external mic ex: USB-A SoundBlaster Play 3  lavalier is rendered USELESS.

DJI your support is generally great, but your forward thinking needs some serious adjustments/ improvements for folks like us that want the best of the best to work in an ORDERLY manner and money $$$ is no object.

Thank you.  
2020-11-25
Use props
jadik
lvl.1
Flight distance : 122228 ft
United States

Audio recording option on the DJI Fly app is something that is greatly desired. It doesn't seem like this is a huge feature request, but the benefits of having local audio recorded in the video cache tremendously simplify recording and greatly enhance the experience
2021-4-25
Use props
fans7932ef5f
New

United Kingdom

This is a great as I've used it on dji go 4 for mavic air. It will be a good thing to update the dji fly app to have this feature. I don't think it will cost anything to include the feature. If it can cache video then it will make sense to cache audio as well.
2021-6-27
Use props
Dji-bouti
New
United States

Any update on this? Still unable to cache audio from my device connected to my controller.
2021-7-6
Use props
Pappy3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

Dji-bouti Posted at 7-6 12:26
Any update on this? Still unable to cache audio from my device connected to my controller.

Odds are never. The fly app was released back in Oct 2019, this and many other features are still absent.
2021-7-6
Use props
djiuser_Nl0NkW42dN0k
New

Nigeria

Any good news about the inclusion of audio in video cache on DJI Mavic air 2. Pls someone should help I have an event to cover and my screen recorder is not working.
2021-11-12
Use props
DeanDavis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 69501 ft
United States

I need for the RC Pro video cache to at the very least record the sounds from the controller that you hear when flying the drone. Otherwise the cache recordings are of NO USE to me.
2021-12-23
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

It seems that DJI is skimping on features that are not essential but convenient.  It is an on going issue.  

I still do not think any other drone in the price range can even come close to DJI's features and quality, but some of the excluded feature in DJI's very good drones prevent them from being exceptional.
2021-12-23
Use props
djiuser_GPDQUxu2ivhN
lvl.1

United States

I just bought my first drone, and went with the Mavic Air2S.  I am totally disappointed that it does not support the Record Audio with Video Cache.  I'm am actually  thinking about taking it back because this was never mentioned in any review I watched.  And I watch several.  I can't even add the music portions that some reviews had.  Very disappointed.  For almost 2 grand, as I got the smart remote controller as well, I would expect at least the same options as older dji apps and drones have.
2021-12-24
Use props
djiuser_VICQ8XgCzDJz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36529 ft
United States

Yes I definitely think we need to get audio recorded with cache as an update to the DJI fly app. Why would you not have this capability when all smart devices have a microphone built?
2021-12-30
Use props
ratava2
lvl.1

United States

Vlas Posted at 2020-5-20 16:00
I don't believe that it ca. Hope that changes.

I strongly agree. Maybe @the same time update firmware to support go share function!!!
2022-1-29
Use props
djiuser_7jhaqKgvgLop
New
Flight distance : 7963 ft
Philippines

Still no update?
The same problem for Mini 2.
it would be great if there is an audio recording.
2022-5-20
Use props
DigiTally
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3767851 ft
  • >>>
India

Is there any update for this? I used to use it all the time with my MP2, Missing it on the MP3 Cine..
2022-6-16
Use props
Mustuvacı
New
Flight distance : 433993 ft

Turkey

Is there any update for this?
2022-6-27
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

No not yet
2022-6-28
Use props
djiuser_2mhZNsmQFFzb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1130049 ft
United States

So I can not record audio with the DJI Mavic Air 2 and Smart Controller???? I thought this was an option, or I should say it was an option with the Go4 app but the GoFly app doesn't seem to have this?! Come on, this should be an easy fix. I want to narrate my flights and why would DJI not include this in newer software? Is than an alternative way to record audio (not post production)?
2022-8-12
Use props
fans0aa45536
lvl.2

United States

djiuser_2mhZNsmQFFzb Posted at 8-12 11:03
So I can not record audio with the DJI Mavic Air 2 and Smart Controller???? I thought this was an option, or I should say it was an option with the Go4 app but the GoFly app doesn't seem to have this?! Come on, this should be an easy fix. I want to narrate my flights and why would DJI not include this in newer software? Is than an alternative way to record audio (not post production)?

You can, but you have to synch up the footage yourself, although some video editors can still synch it automatically because there is enough over lap in the footage:
1. Open Fly, take off, etc
2. Start screen recording
3. Start recording on drone
4. Stop recording on drone
5. Stop screen recording
6. Load screen capture and drone footage in video editor
7. Synch drone footage and screen capture
8. Show drone footage with audio track from screen capture

Annoying how much extra work we have to do, as when audio is added to cache video, both videos are same length, start and stop at same time, so effectively no synching required.

Think of all of the money DJI is leaving on the table by not integrating DJI Mic into all their drone software. I'd buy a DJI Mic today if it meant that when I download video from drone via Fly App after recording video with audio using DJI Mic it would automatically add audio from cache to downloaded footage
2022-12-1
Use props
azurewtl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18816 ft
China

Still no update????It cost ZERO effort to add audio to cache file.
I was hoping  it would automatically add audio from cache to downloaded footage as well.
There is something really wrong with new DJI Fly software team.
High frame rate active tracking was supported in DJI Go
Audio in cache was supported in DJI Go
Make No sense to remove these two feature.
2023-4-17
Use props
Stef097890
lvl.1
Italy

I've spent an hour searching DJI Fly menus because I didn't even think about audio record could not be there.
Now I have proof and I still can't explain why to myself.

Recording audio with video cache should really be there, dear DJI developers, it is so obvious.
2023-5-28
Use props
djiuser_00dNB5KKx5vK
New

Canada

Stef097890 Posted at 5-28 09:59
I've spent an hour searching DJI Fly menus because I didn't even think about audio record could not be there.
Now I have proof and I still can't explain why to myself.

I used to have a mavic pro, so when i switched to a Mavic Air 2s.... i thought surely i've done something wrong.... lol
2023-6-7
Use props
djiuser_v8QobWMUoaac
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2365 ft
Slovakia

Still it is not possible in 2024?
4-5 01:53
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules