How to Adjust EXPO Settings for Mavic Air 2?
3385 7 2020-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
brianmi
lvl.1
United States

The tripod setting for the Mavic Air 2 is not nearly smooth and slow enough.  I bought the Mavic Mini as well and the "Cine Smooth" mode on that drone is way better than the Tripod mode on the Mavic Air 2.

I cannot figure out how to adjust the EXPO levels for the controls in the DJI Air app for the drone so I can back down responsiveness when trying to get nice, slow movements out of the drone.  How do I do this?
2020-5-20
Use props
AlpineA310
lvl.4
Flight distance : 204528 ft
Australia

I think you will find at the moment you can't. It's something people are hoping for in a future firmware update.
2020-5-20
Use props
Northwood
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

I will add my voice to this request.  Cinematic mode like the bigger Mavics would make me happier.  Expo controls overall would be great too.  Please DJI, thanks.
2020-5-20
Use props
BobWinNV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

Even the Mavic Mini which is also on the Fly App has gimbal adjustments.  Why not the Mavic Air 2?
2020-5-20
Use props
marekmk7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 407247 ft
New Zealand

yes please ever so much expo setting for the 2
2020-5-20
Use props
djiuser_BuniyjOj4qi7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4688 ft
United Kingdom

I totally agree,, I was shocked when I used tripod mode for the first time on the MA2 and compare it with MPP or MP2, it absolutely dreadful, way too fast, breaking is dreadful and the aircraft jumps all over the place.
2020-8-10
Use props
Northwood
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

With the app update to 1.1.6 and the latest firmware, or back to .250 you have expo controls for the left stick under the settings menu/control/ advanced gimbal settings. You can adjust for Tripod, Normal and Sport.

This does not address the right stick, which in my opinion also needs to be adjustable.  
2020-8-10
Use props
Pappy3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

djiuser_BuniyjOj4qi7 Posted at 8-10 12:34
I totally agree,, I was shocked when I used tripod mode for the first time on the MA2 and compare it with MPP or MP2, it absolutely dreadful, way too fast, breaking is dreadful and the aircraft jumps all over the place.

This has all been vastly improved with the 1.1.6 update. You can now adjust yaw and pitch speed and smoothness for each mode (normal, sport, and tripod).
2020-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules