Mavic Mini Motor Error
1316 11 2020-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Starworshipper
lvl.2
Flight distance : 525676 ft
United States

I've flown the drone about 9 times now, and I'm suddenly getting an error regarding the 'Motor speed' and to 'Replace the blades on the vibrating motor.' I've replaced the blades with the provided extras, and the error still comes up after a few minutes of flying, to which the message regards contacting support if the issue persists. Open emailing support I just receive an error saying my support rrquest couldn't be sent.

Has anybody else encountered this issue? What did you do you resolve it?
2020-5-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can open a case here - https://www.dji.com/service/repair
2020-5-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi Starworshipper, are you referring to the "Motor Speed Error" in the APP?  Here is a thread about this error for your reference.
New Mavic Mini Safety Notification – “Motor Speed Error”
If the issue persists after you tried what suggested in that thread, please refer to the link below to start a case and send the drone in for a diagnosis.
https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav
2020-5-21
Use props
dronespilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

This issue has been discussed in the forum and DJI posted a thread about it. In my case, I switched the rear left props with the front right and that fixed the issue for me. Others have tried several methods and the results vary. I recommend you take a look at the official DJI thread and see if this fixes the problem.

2020-5-21
Use props
JetSam
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

I rolled back to previous Firmware , goodbye to 24 Fps , but goodbye the sick motor error messages .......
I deactivated the automatic update also
2020-5-21
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

I suggest you DO NOT downgrade your firmware but track down the root cause of the issue.

The firmware with motor speed control has been issued for our own good and safety. Make sure you're trying the Mini immediately after a props change and pay particular attention the way you store it. Props should be bundled together and perpendicular of the AC length when in the Fly More combo case.

You can do a quick indoors hover test to determine if there is any anomaly pattern in your motors rpm. See this thread from @ABeardedItalian for more help
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D712%26typeid%3D712
2020-5-21
Use props
ABeardedItalian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

We don't have enough information right now to say for sure about what's going on with your mini, but if you could share your hover test with us that would help pinpoint what's going on.

There's been bad and bending props going around with new drones and others months old, we can see if the "new" prop you replaced is actually still a "Bad" prop. If you still receive the warning and the RPM information doesn't match then you will have to contact DJI but from our research it sounds like your replacement needs to be replaced.

How to Read your Dat.
Hover Test Instructions:
Find a open area in your home, make sure you don't have any air conditioners or fans running.
Start the mini and Tap the No GPS warning to dismiss and takeoff indoors.
Use the auto take off button and let the drone hover for around 2-5 minutes.
(DO NOT TOUCH ANY OF THE CONTROLS)
After the 5 minutes have passed use the Auto land to end the hover test.
After the flight is over navigate to where your Dat's are stored on your device and upload it here or use my CSvVIew instructions and take a picture of your graph.
2020-5-21
Use props
Vlas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Definitely open a case.
2020-5-21
Use props
JetSam
First Officer
Spain

m80116 you suggest me not to download firmware?  ....

I recommend that you leave the downvote button alone
2020-5-21
Use props
Starworshipper
lvl.2
Flight distance : 525676 ft
United States

m80116 Posted at 5-21 02:36
I suggest you DO NOT downgrade your firmware but track down the root cause of the issue.

The firmware with motor speed control has been issued for our own good and safety. Make sure you're trying the Mini immediately after a props change and pay particular attention the way you store it. Props should be bundled together and perpendicular of the AC length when in the Fly More combo case.

I changed the props and immediately took a flight after changing them, and received the same message. The drone is stored within a thick foam insert with the props folded in on each other (just like the storage manual says, go figure.)

At this rate, I'd be changing the props every other flight, which doesn't seem right.
2020-5-21
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

@JetSam I was more oriented to Starworshipper in my reply, but I am thinking that as well for everybody.

Maybe it's just me but when I get an error that I don't believe plausible I make sure to do everything that is my powers (provided I have the necessary confidence for doing it) to isolate the problem, especially one that's directly affecting me.

I am not saying that you both haven't received a faulty unit, I am not saying that you should do any additional tests beyond changing the props. That is DJI's duty, they should have provided a faultless unit (whih it might still be the case).

But me being me I am pretty sure that findming myself in that situation I'd determine with convincing accuracy whether the props are good or not and whether the cause is a firmware problem, which I believe not to be the case. Even if... I were given all bad props, installed and new ones, all of them warped, or flattened, or with altered pitch... I'd deliberatly try to re-mould them to increase the blade angle, stagger them on the AC and see the results.

But... anyway, to cut it short, you've done your best, you changed your props... didn't work, you can open a ticket (and you should) which in my view is your best option. Or continue flying disregarding or downgrading the firmware... but be aware you may (and you probably) have an impaired AC.
good and bad props.jpg 20200506_180157-MM_props_compare.jpg t
2020-5-21
Use props
JetSam
First Officer
Spain

I checked all props , props are ok mate !!

I m actually using the previous Fw  ... all is fine now ....... i dont need to change propellers and dont need the 24 FPS thing
2020-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules