Fly by circle around POI
3582 22 2020-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Janusz Gerszberg
lvl.1
Poland

One of the most useful, nad helpful, feature it could be the fly circle around some pre-set POI.
I mean pre-set by selecting POI on the map (not as visual tracking POI in camera, which is completely useless, for example when we set POI as the cross-roads center).

Example:
I want to record the center of traffic cross roads, by flying around its POI by circle path.
I want to set this POI just on the map, by GPS coordinates.
Then I want to use left-rigth joystick to move the drone to the left or right direction, but keep the circle radius distance from the center automatically.
Such mode of flying is very useful, and it is exists in some french drone for two years.
2020-5-21
Use props
USS ENTERPRISE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2063642 ft
South Korea

I can't trust the obstacle avoidance
2020-5-21
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

USS ENTERPRISE Posted at 5-21 05:06
I can't trust the obstacle avoidance

I agree. Just not there yet with DJI.
2020-5-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Buy a French drone, does the French drone have Ocysync?

What you’re looking to do can be done in spotlight AT just lock on to Centre reservation and use roll stick to go in any direction in a circle.
2020-5-21
Use props
Janusz Gerszberg
lvl.1
Poland

hallmark007 Posted at 5-21 06:03
Buy a French drone, does the French drone have Ocysync?

What you’re looking to do can be done in spotlight AT just lock on to Centre reservation and use roll stick to go in any direction in a circle.

What do you mean?
"What you’re looking to do can be done in spotlight AT just lock on to Centre reservation and use roll..."
Where is it in application?

I fly french drones over two years, as other 4 different vendors drones. I do know differences.
Just wonder why MA2 does not use such useful way to fly (seetings POI by GPS location, not by camera), it would improve his advantage even more.
2020-5-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Janusz Gerszberg Posted at 5-21 06:18
What do you mean?
"What you’re looking to do can be done in spotlight AT just lock on to Centre reservation and use roll..."

So you just draw a box around Centre of road your looking to circle, click on spotlight and push right stick the drone will fly around in circle as fast or slow as you push on stick it will continue to focus on the point you marked out with the box .
2020-5-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Janusz Gerszberg Posted at 5-21 06:18
What do you mean?
"What you’re looking to do can be done in spotlight AT just lock on to Centre reservation and use roll..."

So you just draw a box around Centre of road your looking to circle, click on spotlight and push right stick the drone will fly around in circle as fast or slow as you push on stick it will continue to focus on the point you marked out with the box .
2020-5-21
Use props
Janusz Gerszberg
lvl.1
Poland

hallmark007 Posted at 5-21 06:45
So you just draw a box around Centre of road your looking to circle, click on spotlight and push right stick the drone will fly around in circle as fast or slow as you push on stick it will continue to focus on the point you marked out with the box .

OK. But marking center of road (or cross-roads) is useless. When I mark empty road the application loses the marked region when any car moves across this region. Marking the road with car will follow the center with car. Both versions are useless.
2020-5-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Janusz Gerszberg Posted at 5-21 07:03
OK. But marking center of road (or cross-roads) is useless. When I mark empty road the application loses the marked region when any car moves across this region. Marking the road with car will follow the center with car. Both versions are useless.

Most or at least plenty of crossroads are now replaces by central reservations which make this very possible.
Or just return drone or wait for third party gps SW. I just wonder is it legal in Poland to fly over moving cars ? In most European countries this would be frowned upon.

Maybe post some video to show us what we’re missing .
2020-5-21
Use props
Janusz Gerszberg
lvl.1
Poland

hallmark007 Posted at 5-21 07:18
Most or at least plenty of crossroads are now replaces by central reservations which make this very possible.
Or just return drone or wait for third party gps SW. I just wonder is it legal in Poland to fly over moving cars ? In most European countries this would be frowned upon.

I don't want to argue here. MavicAir2 is a great drone with a great camera. and it makes the open on drone market. I just see a sensible function which is conveniently used (and often used) in another drone. I only suggest that it would be worth taking this path in progress. And it only add more advantages of MA2.
2020-5-21
Use props
Janusz Gerszberg
lvl.1
Poland

This is what I want to do >

I want to fly around the cross-road by the circle path, with camera automatically focus on the POI.
Not manually fly but by some automatic function.

I cannot set POI in FLY application, because moving cars disturb it all the time.

And it would be nice to record it in Hyperlapse 8k.

This is not possible (i) because Hyperlapse 8k does not allow to use circle mode (ii) because POI are lost by moving object in its marked area.

2020-5-21
Use props
Janusz Gerszberg
lvl.1
Poland

And this some circle hyperlapse I have made with french drone, in automatic fly mode around POI set on the map to the center of cross-roads.

What could I explain more?  I cross-my-fingers that MA2 will do so soon.

https://youtu.be/6p97jZIYxho
2020-5-21
Use props
Janusz Gerszberg
lvl.1
Poland

DJI_0180.MP4_snapshot_00.10_[2020.05.21_17.37.03].jpg
2020-5-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Yes I know what you want to do, but it seems by trying to help you get stubborn.
What you show makes sense, but are you really saying if a roundabout was in the Centre of that crossroads it would make a real difference ?

You can set poi for central reservation and presto your drone goes around .
2020-5-21
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 380978 ft
United Kingdom

It sounds like the ask is a circular way point option that can be drawn on map view where the camera faces inward no need for tracking objects in such scenarios but no proper way points in the fly app.
2020-5-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

BaynhamPhoto Posted at 5-21 09:06
It sounds like the ask is a circular way point option that can be drawn on map view where the camera faces inward no need for tracking objects in such scenarios but no proper way points in the fly app.

They’re are 4 ways to fly a circle with MA2 I’m certain we don’t need a 5th.
2020-5-21
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 5-21 09:20
They’re are 4 ways to fly a circle with MA2 I’m certain we don’t need a 5th.

I'd happily surrender the quiskshot to gain waypoint functionality there multiple rates to record video but that doesn't mean you don't want more.  Just because a feature doesn't suit you is not a reason to suggest others shoudn't have it.
2020-5-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

BaynhamPhoto Posted at 5-21 09:28
I'd happily surrender the quiskshot to gain waypoint functionality there multiple rates to record video but that doesn't mean you don't want more.  Just because a feature doesn't suit you is not a reason to suggest others shoudn't have it.

I can fly a circle, I can set automatically to fly a circle, there are no waypoints on MA2 if you wanted waypoints then M2 has them, there’s nothing mentioned here on this thread that I can’t do with Mavic Air2. I mean how many circles do you want to fly . I suppose 4 is not enough so the answer must be 5 ;+)::::.
Personally I would rather not have my app clogged up with 5 options to fly a circle, there’s no substitute for thinking, think about it you might just figure something out.
2020-5-21
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 5-21 09:42
I can fly a circle, I can set automatically to fly a circle, there are no waypoints on MA2 if you wanted waypoints then M2 has them, there’s nothing mentioned here on this thread that I can’t do with Mavic Air2. I mean how many circles do you want to fly . I suppose 4 is not enough so the answer must be 5 ;+)::::.
Personally I would rather not have my app clogged up with 5 options to fly a circle, there’s no substitute for thinking, think about it you might just figure something out.

2020-5-21
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 5-21 09:42

Yup I can fly circles to but also respect the OP's ask for additional features maybe think about it you might just figure something out
2020-5-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

BaynhamPhoto Posted at 5-21 11:07
Yup I can fly circles to  but also respect the OP's ask for additional features maybe think about it you might just figure something out

I have and it’s not another way to do a circle, 4 is enough for anyone if you need 5 I suggest get a skipping rope ;+):::::
2020-5-21
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 5-21 11:34
I have and it’s not another way to do a circle, 4 is enough for anyone if you need 5 I suggest get a skipping rope ;+):::::

2020-5-21
Use props
Janusz Gerszberg
lvl.1
Poland

Ok. One time again.

I set the first waypoint on the 1 position on this sample (yellow 1 on the screenshot)
Then I move the drone to the 2 position, just  90 degrees beside.
I tried to set the second waypoint, touch the + button, but the application returns error "camera angle too less" or something similar.
In both points I want to keep camera on the center of cross-roads.
The altitude of drone looks no changes.

2020-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules