Finally ordered one. What now?
564 7 2020-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PilleniusMC
lvl.3
Germany

So, I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a Ronin SC Pro combo. When it arrives then, what should I do with it? And I don't mean all the balancing and such, more about just, what should I try with it, which accessories should I get for it?

One accessory I'm planning on getting is a featherarm to have the fourth axis (up and down) just so to not have that wobbliness while walking/running.

2020-5-21
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

HI Pillenius,

Buy a good wireless microphone.  I purchased a Sennheiser evolution 400.  If had to do it again I would buy something else.  Sound quality of the bundled microphone (ME2ii) is not very good at 60 -18,000 Hz.  I am not certain that purchasing another microphone will help.  My target would be a more expensive Sennheiser or the Sony system.

Don
2020-5-21
Use props
PilleniusMC
lvl.3
Germany

DGBarar Posted at 5-21 09:33
HI Pillenius,

Buy a good wireless microphone.  I purchased a Sennheiser evolution 400.  If had to do it again I would buy something else.  Sound quality of the bundled microphone (ME2ii) is not very good at 60 -18,000 Hz.  I am not certain that purchasing another microphone will help.  My target would be a more expensive Sennheiser or the Sony system.

Don't worry about that, already have a Rode Link system for wireless audio and plan on also getting a Rode VideoMic NTG. It was really purely about accessories for the Ronin-SC itself.
2020-5-21
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

deleted becuase of duplication.
2020-5-21
Use props
PilleniusMC
lvl.3
Germany

I thought about getting the control unit for the Ronin, but  I don't know if that's worth it.
2020-5-21
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Invest in a good monitor like atomos ninja It makes a world of difference.
2020-5-21
Use props
PilleniusMC
lvl.3
Germany

M2Wair Posted at 5-21 23:36
Invest in a good monitor like atomos ninja It makes a world of difference.

I was thinking about getting a Atomos Shinobi or SmallHD Focus, as I do need a monitor anyway. The Ninja V I don't need as I don't need a recorder (The Ninja Inferno though, that one I'd get, if I had that much money)
2020-5-22
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

PilleniusMC Posted at 5-22 00:43
I was thinking about getting a Atomos Shinobi or SmallHD Focus, as I do need a monitor anyway. The Ninja V I don't need as I don't need a recorder (The Ninja Inferno though, that one I'd get, if I had that much money)

Yes, the Atomos shinobi is exceptional (got one attached to a Sony a6400) sure the cost is up there but the difference it makes is more than cost effective. The difference is like night and day, couldn't work without our Atomos Shinobi or Atomos ninja monitors. Your workflow will be all the more effective and 100% easier.
2020-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules