Gimb or drone twitching really bad
1162 26 2020-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Grimmeute
lvl.1
United States

What causes this? Was fine a few weeks ago. I have done all the calibrations twice. There was a update this time (well it seems like one, everytime I get it out ;).There is very little wind as you can see the flag poles on the right.
Sorry I think I posted in wrong topic

2020-5-21
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Grimmeute welcome !! this is really a strange behavior
2020-5-21
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

did you do the two calibrations? IMU and compass ?
2020-5-21
Use props
Grimmeute
lvl.1
United States

yes went online looked up all calibrations and done them twice just incase
2020-5-21
Use props
Grimmeute
lvl.1
United States

I didnt record sitting still, but it is really bad just hoovering in place.  jerks, twitch and turn almost a good 5 deg from where it was facing
2020-5-21
Use props
Grimmeute
lvl.1
United States

I'm sorry was rude of me. Thank you for the welcome. get caught up in the problem and lose my manners. lol
2020-5-21
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

I would try to reinstall the Firmware via Dji assistant
https://www.dji.com/es/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-phantom
2020-5-21
Use props
Grimmeute
lvl.1
United States

well i refreshed the firmware tried to use the calibration tool there but it didn't like my screen size. it a 42in 4k. I will see if the firmwawre did any good in a bit
2020-5-21
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

After an IMU cal,  and a Compass Cal,  as well as the standard gimbal calibration......try this:

PROPS OFF

On a flat surface,  lean the aircraft back onto the rear motor arms.   It is solid.....then start the GIMBAL Calibration......allow to complete.  Then shut all down.

Wait a good 5 minutes...just because..... then start all up and see how it goes.   If that doesn't take care of it,  start a case with support and get her fixed.

Randy
2020-5-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Perhaps, just perhaps, it is the gimbal mode, FPV or Follow, try changing it and see what happens.
2020-5-21
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Grimmeute  follow rwynant V1 and Geebax advice
2020-5-21
Use props
Grimmeute
lvl.1
United States

So i just noticed that my camera when powered on points slightly to the left if looking straight at front.
I don't know how to correct this
2020-5-22
Use props
Grimm
lvl.1

United States

I think gimbal is not right swings back and forth (left and right) with just a little bit of movement of the drone.
2020-5-22
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Grimm Posted at 5-22 15:30
I think gimbal is not right swings back and forth (left and right) with just a little bit of movement of the drone.

As I said earlier, perhaps it is the gimbal mode, FPV or Follow, try changing it in the settings and see what happens.
2020-5-22
Use props
Grimmeute
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 5-22 15:33
As I said earlier, perhaps it is the gimbal mode, FPV or Follow, try changing it in the settings and see what happens.

Yes I did while in flight you can tell difference one kinda tries to stabilize the other makes camera tilt sideways when you move drone left and right
2020-5-22
Use props
Grimm
lvl.1

United States

Also I noticed that It no longer turns camera left and right during gimbal calibration. Camera doesn’t do any movement during calibration. Videos I’ve seen the camera moves around during calibration.
2020-5-22
Use props
Grimmeute
lvl.1
United States

so do you think my Yaw motor quit?  I mean somthing has happend if nothing moves on the Calibrations
2020-5-26
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Grimmeute Posted at 5-26 09:19
so do you think my Yaw motor quit?  I mean somthing has happend if nothing moves on the Calibrations

It could also be Camera Mianboard, accelerometer fail
2020-5-26
Use props
Grimmeute
lvl.1
United States

JetSam Posted at 5-26 10:56
It could also be Camera Mianboard, accelerometer fail

That don't sound cheap
2020-5-26
Use props
Grimmeute
lvl.1
United States

Does anyone sale parts for them still? I will just replace myself.
2020-5-27
Use props
Grimm
lvl.1

United States

So which part you think is bad?
2020-5-28
Use props
Grimm
lvl.1

United States

So which part you think is bad?
image.jpg
2020-5-28
Use props
Grimmeute
lvl.1
United States

So....this post dead or  nobody has a clue?
2020-6-8
Use props
Grimmeute
lvl.1
United States

So that it? nobody has any idea? I guess its a buy a part see if that's it thing?
2020-7-13
Use props
Grimmeute
lvl.1
United States

I guess its pretty sad. Almost $2000 for something that probably seen 2 dozen flights, no crashes, very meticulous how I get it out of case and put back after flight.
Might be why they push the "DJI Care" so much, that I now see all the time. Which I didn't get info on, until it was too late after purchase.
Almost like they leave that out of the emails they send all the time, until way past warranty, on purpose.  
Then send in for high price repair and say, oh yeah you should have bought the DJI care package.  What??? what DJI care package???
Also might be why you can't find a Phantom in stores anymore. Too many returns I bet.
And the very little support I'v gotten here...
I wont be buying another DJI product!!   I will also steer others away from them. Ill be making a Youtube vid about this.
2020-7-13
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Grimmeute Posted at 7-13 13:17
I guess its pretty sad. Almost $2000 for something that probably seen 2 dozen flights, no crashes, very meticulous how I get it out of case and put back after flight.
Might be why they push the "DJI Care" so much, that I now see all the time. Which I didn't get info on, until it was too late after purchase.
Almost like they leave that out of the emails they send all the time, until way past warranty, on purpose.  

Sad to hear nobody give you a solution ....  or me
2020-7-14
Use props
Grimmeute
lvl.1
United States

JetSam Posted at 7-14 01:14
Sad to hear nobody give you a solution ....  or me

Yes thank you. But you gave me several possibilities.  I don't need to spend $400-500 or more on parts to try on a few guesses. I'm sure DJI knows exactly what it is. From what I'v read, I'm not the only one having problems with this. but nobody gets an answer.
2020-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules