Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic mini batteries
269 3 5-21 13:15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cryptic
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6699 ft
United States

Hello, I saw online that batteries degrade over time if you do not use them. So my question is, is it ok to not use your mavic mini batteries over A period of time like 10 days or should you discharge them.
5-21 13:15
Use props
Vlas
Captain
Flight distance : 1351696 ft
  • >>>
United States

Personally I discharge mine after three days. Ten seems to be a bit long.
5-21 13:34
Use props
m80116
Captain
Flight distance : 3253904 ft
Italy

As long as you follow DJI's guidelines and discharge them to a favorable for long term storage level, keep them dry and in a mild temperature environment, 18650 lithium batteries can have a long lifespan.

Personally I've left my BOSCH 400 Wh battery pack (ebike) fully charged from the last season (because of my laziness and many other things to do) and I can't tell any adverse effect.

But I believe you have to be sensibile... I stored that in a basement with around 13°C which is absolutely optimal temperature for prolonged storage. You should begin to worry if you forget your fully charged lithiums exposed to heat cycles, for example inside a car.
5-21 14:40
Use props
deathsquad
First Officer
Flight distance : 1407362 ft
Australia

Discharge them to two lights if you don't use them for 10 days or more. They don't self discharge like other DJI batteries. You shouldn't store them fully charged for extended periods of time, same with storing them empty. It will degrade the battery health.
5-21 14:42
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules