365 14 2020-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

Hey,

So just looking at how to pack everything in the FMC case (or bag?), it all seems a bit messy to me... how do you guys store your batteries? Do you carry around that black cardboard box in which they came? With the black foam piece to store between the two extra batteries? I don't know why but I was expecting the batteries to have their dedicated location in the bag, the Mini's FMC case is so much neater :|
2020-5-21
Use props
Coheavand
lvl.2
Flight distance : 183051 ft
Singapore

The 3 batteries fit perfectly in one of the slots. You have to orient the batteries with the slimmer side down.
2020-5-21
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Romania

Coheavand Posted at 5-21 18:51
The 3 batteries fit perfectly in one of the slots. You have to orient the batteries with the slimmer side down.

Not sure I follow. First off, don’t you keep one of the batteries in the drone? Second, are you saying you’re not using the black cardboard box? If not, how do you separate the batteries from the charger and outlet wire? Do you just keep them all crammed in there?
Also, where do you keep the spare props?
2020-5-21
Use props
Coheavand
lvl.2
Singapore

Ice_2k Posted at 5-21 23:08
Not sure I follow. First off, don’t you keep one of the batteries in the drone? Second, are you saying you’re not using the black cardboard box? If not, how do you separate the batteries from the charger and outlet wire? Do you just keep them all crammed in there?
Also, where do you keep the spare props?

I don't usually keep a battery in the drone during transportation. That said, I usually use my drone when I'm traveling, so your situation may differ.

That black box was gone a few minutes after unboxing...

I keep the charger and cables on top of the batteries. The props and ND filters go to the pocket below the lid.

Are you babying your new toy too much?
2020-5-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Coheavand Posted at 5-22 00:22
I don't usually keep a battery in the drone during transportation. That said, I usually use my drone when I'm traveling, so your situation may differ.

That black box was gone a few minutes after unboxing...

The bag is perfect, all Mavic bags are designed to be as small and compact as possible. Drone is also designed to carry with battery installed, that’s why there is safety switch on all dji batteries .
For me I would buy two extra batteries which will fit in the bag easily. I’ll leave charger and cable out, they’re plenty of pocket space for set of spare props filters and power bank charger.

With 5 batteries there is no need to carry charger. But some people like to use hard case , I find these awkward if you have to walk or hike anywhere, they do separate everything but case becomes twice the weight and takes up 3 times the amount of space, so almost doing away with the portability of the drone.

For mini again I just use the tiny bag €35 holds everything takes up no space and maximizes portability.

All bags are designed to keep things tight so no moving around. One thing I do use is dji sock €8 to insert drone into before dropping in the bag.
2020-5-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you considered a hard case - this one looks good.  -  
2020-5-22
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Romania

Coheavand Posted at 5-22 00:22
Are you babying your new toy too much?

That's a distinct possibility! )

Thanks for all advice. I was a bit worried about things moving around inside and hitting each other so I was keeping the black cardboard box. Once I removed that, it all fits much better, albeit it will move around if not careful.

2020-5-22
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Romania

DAFlys Posted at 5-22 01:40
Have you considered a hard case - this one looks good.  -  

as hallmark said, that is very bulky. I think that's bulky even for hard case standards. And very expensive unless you have a very good reason for wanting it, like working in construction or something and needing to not worry when this gets thrown around a lot
2020-5-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ice_2k Posted at 5-22 01:46
as hallmark said, that is very bulky. I think that's bulky even for hard case standards. And very expensive unless you have a very good reason for wanting it, like working in construction or something and needing to not worry when this gets thrown around a lot

Depends on what you like,  I personally like a hard case most of the time and then have a soft case that I transfer just the bits I want to carry for a specific mission.  I've Im already taking other bags I'll just slip the drone into the sleeve case.
2020-5-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DAFlys Posted at 5-22 01:50
Depends on what you like,  I personally like a hard case most of the time and then have a soft case that I transfer just the bits I want to carry for a specific mission.  I've Im already taking other bags I'll just slip the drone into the sleeve case.

I now have more bags than the wife, she still has more shoes than me, a direct result of me buying so many drones.  ;+):::
2020-5-22
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-22 01:40
Have you considered a hard case - this one looks good.  -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHU8qZ-oguM

Looks solid.
2020-5-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Vlas I agree it looks like it would take a beating.
2020-5-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 5-22 01:53
I now have more bags than the wife, she still has more shoes than me, a direct result of me buying so many drones.  ;+):::

lol. thats too funny.
2020-5-22
Use props
Coheavand
lvl.2
Singapore

hallmark007 Posted at 5-22 00:39
The bag is perfect, all Mavic bags are designed to be as small and compact as possible. Drone is also designed to carry with battery installed, that’s why there is safety switch on all dji batteries .
For me I would buy two extra batteries which will fit in the bag easily. I’ll leave charger and cable out, they’re plenty of pocket space for set of spare props filters and power bank charger.

Travel as in air travel.

Hard cases aren't my cup of tea as well. There's a couple of drone-only cases, which are much more slender. Expect more like these to be available soon.

https://shopee.sg/Sunnylife-Port ... 43260204.5434147113
2020-5-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Coheavand Posted at 5-22 02:31
Travel as in air travel.

Hard cases aren't my cup of tea as well. There's a couple of drone-only cases, which are much more slender. Expect more like these to be available soon.

I have to say whether it’s M2P mini or now Mavic Air, I love just going for a walk with them in their small bags, I can fit loads of batteries filters and extra props, I need nothing else, except Osmo Pocket and yes that fits easily either in the bags or my pocket. I have enough stuff with me to get lost for 4/5 hours on my own , it’s heaven.
2020-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules