Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dronespilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello everyone,

I downloaded the DJI Fly App on the Smart Controller as I was prepared to use it with my Mavic Air 2. When I was testing it, I realized it showed my M2P, and it seemed to work with it. I did not fly with it, and I don't recommend doing so, but because I was asked about it in another thread, I thought I'd share what I found with you.

Note: I do not recommend flying with it! Just sharing what I found when testing the Fly app.

2020-5-21
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
Flight distance : 634505 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice!!!
Thanks for sharing
2020-5-22
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

ET214 Posted at 5-22 06:29
Nice!!!
Thanks for sharing

You’re welcome!
2020-5-22
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hi I did try.
The  Mavic Air 2 was  listed in the  devices in the "connect to " list, but I could not connect it the Mavic Air 2, I was able to connect the Mavic 2 Pro and even though I was hesitant, I did take it up. The view of the SC of the DJI Fly app did not cover the entire screen, it look as though something was wrong ( see the photos). Although the photo I took came out perfect when views on the SC. I just took it up about 20 feet and flew around about 30 feet.
I may have to download the latest DJI Fly to see of the Mavic Air 2 is listed.. , I hear there's a new version out for Android. ( v. 1.14). I do not have a Mavic Mini but it seems like good news for people that have a Mavic Mini and a Smart Controller.
The photos tell the story and YES, the Advanced Gimbal controls are there

IMG_2010.jpg
2020-6-10
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

ET214 Posted at 6-10 20:06
Hi I did try.
The  Mavic Air 2 was  listed in the  devices in the "connect to " list, but I could not connect it the Mavic Air 2, I was able to connect the Mavic 2 Pro and even though I was hesitant, I did take it up. The view of the SC of the DJI Fly app did not cover the entire screen, it look as though something was wrong ( see the photos). Although the photo I took came out perfect when views on the SC. I just took it up about 20 feet and flew around about 30 feet.
I may have to download the latest DJI Fly to see of the Mavic Air 2 is listed.. , I hear there's a new version out for Android. ( v. 1.14). I do not have a Mavic Mini but it seems like good news for people that have a Mavic Mini and a Smart Controller.

Ok great!

The SC won't connect with the Mavic Air 2 until the new firmware update is released. And definitely it won't work with the Mavic Mini because both have different transmission systems (WiFi and Ocusync 2.0).
But it's good to have it installed on the SC so that when the firmware is released, you're ready to fly.

I guess I was very excited about getting the SC to work with the Mavic Air 2, but it seems it will be a while until we see the new firmware update.
2020-6-12
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

dronespilot Posted at 6-12 08:44
Ok great!

The SC won't connect with the Mavic Air 2 until the new firmware update is released. And definitely it won't work with the Mavic Mini because both have different transmission systems (WiFi and Ocusync 2.0).

Yes  I Agree!
2020-6-12
Use props
djiuser_mdNWnhDerpSt
New

United States

DJI any updates on this? I bought the Air 2 specifically because it has occusync 2.0 like the smart controller and assuming you would be supporting a very expensive accessory going forward. I NEED clean HDMI out from the Air 2

Thanks!
2020-7-6
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Interesting find - gives the impression it is definitely on its way!
2020-7-7
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_mdNWnhDerpSt Posted at 7-6 19:57
DJI any updates on this? I bought the Air 2 specifically because it has occusync 2.0 like the smart controller and assuming you would be supporting a very expensive accessory going forward. I NEED clean HDMI out from the Air 2

Thanks!

I really hope to see the update very soon.
2020-7-9
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 7-7 02:49
Interesting find - gives the impression it is definitely on its way!

Hope!
2020-7-9
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2020-7-9
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

2020-7-9
Use props
Spikemixture
lvl.3
Flight distance : 49918 ft
  • >>>
Philippines

I posted this somewhere else also.  

I bet if DJI wanted to, the SC could work for  the mini AND the Air2

The SC is an android  box - no reason it cannot be used for both/all DJI drones.

Imagine how many more they would sell if it could control all DJI birds.
2020-7-18
Use props
Rickyboy92371
lvl.2
United States

Found the Fly APP APK file for Ver. 1.1.6...and got it installed on RM500
Now I'm ready for whatever FW is needed on the MA2.

2020-8-20
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Rickyboy92371 Posted at 8-20 16:44
where did you locate the Fly app? did you have to remove the on board go4 app?

I did not remove the DJI go 4 app.

I downloaded the android version from the link below (you will see it between the iOS and the Google Play)

https://www.dji.com/mobile/dji-fly
2020-8-20
Use props
Rickyboy92371
lvl.2
United States

dronespilot Posted at 8-20 17:16
I did not remove the DJI go 4 app.

I downloaded the android version from the link below (you will see it between the iOS and the Google Play)

Thanks for pointing me to the app.
I now have hope:-)
2020-8-21
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

It’s came preinstalled with the latest Mavic Air 2 firmware
2020-10-30
Use props
fans9b29ae5a
New

United States

I have somehow loaded DJI Fly version 1.3.0 on my smart controller. Lots of problems! I read on the DJI software site that that version in NOT compatible with the smart controller. Would anyone know how I get 1.3.0 off and install an earlier version that works?
2021-3-6
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans9b29ae5a Posted at 3-6 17:15
I have somehow loaded DJI Fly version 1.3.0 on my smart controller. Lots of problems! I read on the DJI software site that that version in NOT compatible with the smart controller. Would anyone know how I get 1.3.0 off and install an earlier version that works?

I downloaded the DJI Fly app version 1.3.0 and I did not notice any problems. I faced problems with the older version that came pre-installed with the Smart Controller.

I think what you could do is try to reset the smart controller or do firmware refresh, which has the older DJI Fly App version. ( I don’t recall the version number)
2021-3-6
Use props
djiuser_9Ki0Yyrqtgfg
lvl.3

United States

I have paired four of my drones on one of my DJI Smart Controllers at the same time, and I have flown each of them with the controller. Once more than one drone is paired with a controller, you can switch from one to the other any time.
2021-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules