How Do You Turn Off AirSense?
3679 11 2020-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Selah1234
lvl.4
Flight distance : 67221 ft
United States

Hi. Earlier today I was trying to preload maps on My Ipad Mini 4 and I kept getting a "CPU Fully Loaded" prompt. I am concerned that the Mini 4 Ipad does not have sufficient CPU capability to handle the DJI Fly app. I have seen something about AirSense really taxing the display CPU. I don't want to fly without AirSense but for the short term I would like to turn it off and see if I get any more "CPU fully Loaded" prompts. I had not seen any "CPU Fully Loaded" prompts when using the Ipad Mini 4 with the Fly app until today when I was trying to preload some maps. Where in the DJI Fly app do you turn off the AirSense? Thanks for any help.
2020-5-21
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Don't worry about AirSense, try disabling video caching first and see if that helps.
2020-5-21
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Then make sure you hard shut down all apps,  then reboot the iPad.

That should clear things up.......you might find there are many apps running in the back ground.
NOTHING but the FLY app should be running.
Randy
Randy
2020-5-21
Use props
dronespilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

I remember seeing an option to turn it off, but I don’t have access to the drone to confirm but I believe it’s under Safety -Advanced safety settings.
2020-5-21
Use props
doadams85yahoo.com
lvl.1
Flight distance : 177533 ft
United States

dronespilot Posted at 5-21 17:56
I remember seeing an option to turn it off, but I don’t have access to the drone to confirm but I believe it’s under Safety -Advanced safety settings.

Sounds correct...mine was off by default. Turned it on to see and actually picked up an aircraft. Using android samsung 9plus
2020-5-21
Use props
Pilot.Isaac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 220554 ft
United States

It does a job indeed. I won't turn it off... But mine also kept showing that message, quite annoying actually. (iPhone 7+)
2020-5-21
Use props
Selah1234
lvl.4
United States

dronespilot Posted at 5-21 17:56

Hi. Yeah you're right I just found how to turn it off like you said a little while ago. Thanks.
2020-5-21
Use props
Selah1234
lvl.4
United States

Selah1234 Posted at 5-21 19:13
Hi. Yeah you're right I just found how to turn it off like you said a little while ago. Thanks.

Hi. I just got done going through a process where I turned off the AirSense and tried to preload maps. I didn't get any "CPU Fully Loaded" prompt but to preload a map was painstakingly slow. I just recently bought an Apple Ipod Touch 7th Generation and I tried to preload maps with that (AirSense turned on)- it worked well. There is a faster processor in the Ipod so I guess that is the problem with the Ipad Mini 4. I am now looking at an Apple Ipad Mini 5 - I like the bigger display. In the meantime I'm going to use the Ipod and squint.
2020-5-21
Use props
MisterFrag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

Amazon is having a sale on the iPad Mini with cellular modem: https://www.engadget.com/amazon- ... -low-123149958.html
2020-5-21
Use props
dronespilot
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

doadams85yahoo.com Posted at 5-21 18:15
Sounds correct...mine was off by default. Turned it on to see and actually picked up an aircraft. Using android samsung 9plus

Mine was on by default.
2020-5-21
Use props
dronespilot
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Selah1234 Posted at 5-21 19:13

Great. You're welcome!
2020-5-21
Use props
dronespilot
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Selah1234 Posted at 5-21 19:23
Hi. I just got done going through a process where I turned off the AirSense and tried to preload maps. I didn't get any "CPU Fully Loaded" prompt but to preload a map was painstakingly slow. I just recently bought an Apple Ipod Touch 7th Generation and I tried to preload maps with that (AirSense turned on)- it worked well. There is a faster processor in the Ipod so I guess that is the problem with the Ipad Mini 4. I am now looking at an Apple Ipad Mini 5 - I like the bigger display. In the meantime I'm going to use the Ipod and squint.

I use iPhone X and I did not have any issues. I remember getting the "CPU Fully Loaded" when I used iPhone 6 Plus with the M2P.
2020-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules