dji mavic mini gimbal stuck (error 40002)
19872 10 2020-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nori93
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9908 ft

Ukraine

after improper landing (fall from a height of ~ 1m) the stabilizer doesn't work.
After switching on (not always), error 40002 occurs. No noise from the motor is heard, nothing prevents the rotation of the head (Please watch the video)

The actions I've done:
1. reboot, reset of the stabilizer and recalibration (freezes by 10% progress), in the case of manual calibration there is no response.
2. reboot and small pulls/pushes gimbal in different directions (some people helped these actions)
3. purge by blowing also did not help

if anyone has encountered a similar problem, or has an idea of what it is connected with(software/hardware), please inform me how did You handle it.
In my city there is no service center, so I would like to know in advance whether a full replacement is required in this case or whether it makes sense to give it to the service center to reduce costs.

2020-5-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear the issue with your drone. Please check if debris or a part is stuck in the gimbal. (For example, the aircraft was powered on when it was folded, or the gimbal protector is not removed.) Please remove the debris or part that is stuck in the gimbal, restart the aircraft, and then recalibrate the gimbal. If the issue persists, then please contact our support team via http://www.dji.com/support to open a case and send back the aircraft to DJI for diagnosis. Thanks.
2020-5-22
Use props
MARSBAR001
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1201 ft
United Kingdom

Good evening,
2020-6-16
Use props
MARSBAR001
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1201 ft
United Kingdom

Good evening, I am not sure whether you have resolved the Gimbal Stuck issue but I think might of found a solution, which I wish to share everyone but first I need to carry some extensive tests, as there are too many posts on this Forum with incomplete information. RGds, MB
2020-6-16
Use props
djiuser_Zn2si9YEXFJK
New

United States

Flew my drone in mild wind with dirt.  Blew out gimbel  contacts with mouth, recalibrated, updated firmware, tapped gimbel & gently rotated it in various directions.  Gimbel functions freely but will not work in air, when it is working, still get constant error code updates that seem irrelevant to current functionality.
2020-7-1
Use props
djiuser_4eCObHFzUCNC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1099 ft
Brazil

Hi everyone. My mavic mini had a crash and I replaced flat cable and the gimbal, but it's still not working. It says error 40002, Gimbal stuck, but it's not fisicaly stuck. There is no sand or dust on it. I can't move the gimbal on the App and can't calibrate it.
Any idea of what can I do? Could be there another board or flat cabe that needs to be replaced? I've already installed 2 gimbals and 3 flat cables, without success.
Please leave comments.
2020-11-27
Use props
Luie
New

Canada

MARSBAR001 Posted at 2020-6-16 10:05
Good evening, I am not sure whether you have resolved the Gimbal Stuck issue but I think might of found a solution, which I wish to share everyone but first I need to carry some extensive tests, as there are too many posts on this Forum with incomplete information. RGds, MB

I have the same problem
2021-2-12
Use props
jack_e
lvl.1

Ukraine

same problem, let me know if you solved a problem
2021-6-29
Use props
djiuser_DgWP06L1Ns2t
New

Pakistan

MARSBAR001 Posted at 2020-6-16 10:05

Please share the solution
2021-6-29
Use props
fans1c9a5847
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1114685 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had an issue with my mini 2 gimbal would do the start up dance but then nothing else. It was a loose cable on top pressed down on it and it sprung into life. Calibration then cleared without issue.
Picture shows what I mean.
20210703_100541.jpg
2021-7-3
Use props
djiuser_OiiwDHB0snSw
New

India

I had same issue, no dust or debris on gimbal.. does start up dance and dead after that.. manual calibration not possible too.. opened it up and found the gimbal flex cable to be damaged... ordered a spare online and replaced it..and it works fine now... mini2 cablenis compatible with mini 1.. hope it helps
2023-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules