Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
PowerDirector Rendering Speed
1785 0 2020-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Munro Flyer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi Folks, I’m sorry if this post I a bit long winded but I think Cyberlink has a seriously flawed program there selling to people. I have just built myself a brand new £1700 fast PC and just bought the subscription based PowerDirector 18 365 suite. I thought that this was going to be a great combo for editing my 4K drone videos but to my horror rendering is extremely slow. If it helps, here is my PC spec.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Motherboard

Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 Super Windforce 8MB

Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 32GB 3600MHz Ryzen Tuned

Noctua Dual Radiator CPU Cooler

650W Power Supply

My OS and programs are on a 250GB M.2 NVMe SSD
I work off a 2nd 250GB M.2 NVMe both Samsung 970 EVO

Now just as an example video I used 3 4K Clips 24fps from my mavic 2 pro, added start and end titles with a FX in them, I sped up the clips a bit, added some colour correction like exposure, contrast, highlights, shadows, clarity, vibrancy, and a MP3 track to finish, and made the video 3 minutes long.

I thought to myself at worst this should take 10 minutes to produce/render it but it took 45 minutes, I thought, there’s something way wrong here.

I have got the latest driver for my GPU the Nvidia studio one and it’s a clean download, not downloaded over the previous one. In program files I have set PDR.exe to high performance and this tweak brought the render time down to 25 minutes but still way to long I think for a 3 minuit video.

When I was using my old PC I was editing with Davinci Resolve 16 free version and even 12 minute long videos were only taking 10 – 15 minutes to render.

For some reason I can’t seem to activate SVRT to help it along. Is there a fix out there anyone knows about.

Kind Regards.

2020-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules