Mavic Air 2 and Airdata Not Accurate
2296 10 2020-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BoomTIP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12162 ft
United States

Has anyone had issues with syncing flight logs to Airdata?  I had a Mavic Mini about 2 weeks before returning it for a Mavic Air 2, and in that time I synced about 2 flights.  They seemed mostly accurate, but I noticed one log showed a flight time of 24 minutes when I knew I flew it for 27.  
Fast forward to receiving the MA2.  I've had auto sync at Airdata turned on and have about 15 flights logged with the MA2.  I've noticed almost ALL of them have inaccuracies, some in major ways.  For example, it'll show a flight lasting 9 minutes and landing at 60% battery when I know I flew 24 minutes and landed at 30%.

As a test, I deleted one of the flight logs and manually uploaded it instead.  The manual upload was 100% accurate.  Correct time, battery usage, etc.  However, Airdata didn't count any of it towards my Overview stats (Longest Flight Time, Farthest Home Distance, etc).  In general, Airdata seems to be really buggy, but I'm new to this hobby so I'm not sure if this is just new drone issues, or if this is a common occurrence.  I was debating purchasing a subscription to track my batteries better, but I'm hesitant now...

TL;DR:  
• Auto syncing flights is producing inaccurate flight data
• Manually uploading flights is accurate
• Manually uploading flights doesn't count in Overview stats
2020-5-22
Use props
BoomTIP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12162 ft
United States

In case anyone’s curious, I received a response from Airdata on this issue:

“ Thank you for reaching out and I'm happy to help!

We have determined that DJI is prematurely uploading flights from the Fly app to their cloud. Airdata receives those cropped flights from DJI’s cloud, which explains the incorrect flight times being displayed on Airdata.

For future flights, here is what I would recommend to rectify the cropped flights problem: before you fly, open the DJI Fly app, go to Profile -> Settings -> Sync Flight Data -> deselect Auto-sync Flight Records (there should be no blue around the toggle switch when this is deselected).

After you have flown, return to this menu and enable Auto-sync Flight Records. This will ensure that the entire flight is uploaded to the DJI cloud.

For past flights that have been cropped, we recommend uploading manually to Airdata - which it looks like you've already done.

The reason that the longest flight in your records does not match what is displayed on the overview page is because we filter out the flights (their data is not shown on the overview page) that are over 25 minutes and under 5' to avoid displaying incorrect flights. ”
2020-5-22
Use props
Order66
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1081132 ft
  • >>>
United States

Do we know if this has been addressed yet? Received my MA2 today and had it's first flight, used method above to avoid incorrect data, as I live and die by Airdata being correct. Would love to not have to turn that on and off all the time.
Thanks!
2020-6-14
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BoomTIP Posted at 5-22 09:54
In case anyone’s curious, I received a response from Airdata on this issue:

“ Thank you for reaching out and I'm happy to help!

Good to know - thanks or sharing as I've lost data from two whole flights so far with the MA2
2020-6-14
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had this issue. How do I manually upload the flights to Airdata?
2020-10-16
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

BrianKushner Posted at 10-16 21:51
I had this issue. How do I manually upload the flights to Airdata?

Figured this out..
2020-10-16
Use props
dirkbertie
lvl.3

Germany

This is explained in the program how to upload the txt file.You have to copy the txt file from your phone and insert it in the app.
2020-10-17
Use props
Ruzhye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795640 ft
United States

This is mentioned on Airdata's main site.  I just tested it last week and the flight will still not sync if you leave auto-sync on.  You can manually upload, or I just leave auto-sync off while I'm flying and then turn it back on and sync the flights when I'm done.
2020-10-17
Use props
MaverickFlyboy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33054 ft
United Kingdom

I don't think this has been fixed yet. I've just got a MA2 and its flight data is all over the shop.
2022-4-14
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23325935 ft
United States

It's quite accurate with mine.
My issue is that DJI, AirData, Drone LogBook, and PhantomHelp all report different numbers.
2022-4-15
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Since at a guess most people fly maybe 1/2dozen flights in one session why sync them at all, why not manually up load them. I think the drag and drop limit is 20 logs per upload and at a guess that would be more than enough to cover most peoples' day to day flying.
I don't sync (hence my 6053ft which was sync testing) and I use Airdata only to check which downloaded-to-a-computer-flight-log belongs to which drone (FLY app only) and the DAT number then the flights are deleted from Airdata.
2022-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules