Photogrammetry With Mavic Air 2
12785 13 2020-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AndyVirt
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi All, new to drones but bought the Mavic Air 2 last week - love it!  One of the things I really want to do is photogrammetry and produce point clouds but I don't think this is just something you can programme and press a button and have the drone do autonomously - I kind of thought you could.

Should I have bought a different drone - I think what i'm after is waypoints?

I know that I can do this manually and that's what i'll be trying over the next few weeks but is there other software which will help - what are other people using?

I've seen DroneDeploy (expensive) and Litchi (doesn't support the Air 2).

Grateful for any advice!
2020-5-23
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 380978 ft
United Kingdom

Not sure way points proper will be seen on the Air 2 but if that was a requirement then you answered your own query & yes you should have bought another drone. There should be updates coming but early ones will be cosmetic to the app & hopefully pitch speed for the gimbal.
2020-5-23
Use props
AndyVirt
lvl.2
United Kingdom

BaynhamPhoto Posted at 5-23 06:25
Not sure way points proper will be seen on the Air 2 but if that was a requirement then you answered your own query & yes you should have bought another drone. There should be updates coming but early ones will be cosmetic to the app & hopefully pitch speed for the gimbal.

Thanks for the reply BaynhamPhoto.  Which drone does have these features built into the DJI Fly app?  If any.
2020-5-23
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 380978 ft
United Kingdom

No drones using the fly app offer this option the only drones using the fly app are the Mavic mini & Air 2.
2020-5-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi AndyVirt, Waypoint is not available for Mavic Air 2, sorry for the inconvenience caused, your need will be forwarded to our engineers for attention, we always listen to customer's voice and keep improving our products, please keep an eye on DJI website of the future update.
2020-5-24
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Should I have bought a different drone - I think what i'm after is waypoints?
No  .. waypoints won't do it, so forget Litchi.
You need a mapping program.

I know that I can do this manually and that's what i'll be trying over the next few weeks but is there other software which will help - what are other people using?

You can only do very small and simple tasks manually and you cannot get precise overlaps that are required.
Search for mapping apps, there are several out there.

I've seen DroneDeploy (expensive) and Litchi (doesn't support the Air 2).
Look on the DroneDeploy website to see a list of supported drones.
You need one from that list.

2020-5-24
Use props
AndyVirt
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks very much everybody!
2020-5-26
Use props
hollandnigel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 969006 ft
Spain

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-24 23:04
Hi AndyVirt, Waypoint is not available for Mavic Air 2, sorry for the inconvenience caused, your need will be forwarded to our engineers for attention, we always listen to customer's voice and keep improving our products, please keep an eye on DJI website of the future update.

Did anything come of this??
2020-12-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

hollandnigel Posted at 12-4 12:04
Did anything come of this??

No change yet.
What I wrote in my reply above still applies.
2020-12-4
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

The SDK for the Mavic Air 2 is supposed to be released later this month. Once that happens programs like Litchi could start supporting waypoint planning and photogrammetry.
2020-12-5
Use props
djiuser_06GWgvctvT54
Second Officer
Flight distance : 104413 ft
  • >>>
France

2020-12-5
Use props
AndyVirt
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Wow.  Interesting to see the difference - great video!
2020-12-20
Use props
fans803b17e4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 144396 ft
Spain

MisterFrag Posted at 12-5 13:17
The SDK for the Mavic Air 2 is supposed to be released later this month. Once that happens programs like Litchi could start supporting waypoint planning and photogrammetry.

Hello! Are you sure? I am not sure.....
2020-12-28
Use props
haritahaber.com
New

Turkey

photogrammetry haber sitesi, mavic air2 yazılımı geldiğinde sizi bilgilendireceğiz
http://www.haritahaber.com/mavic-air2-ile-fotogrametrik-harita-uretimi_18.html
2021-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules