Smart Controller Bricked?
2678 5 2020-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wbwatkins
lvl.1
United States

Turned on my fully-charged Smart Controller and was alerted to upgrade the system. Clicked update on the screen, the process started and then suddenly stopped and the screen went dark. The controller will no longer power up. When the power button is pressed, The first of the four battery level LEDs flashes white 4 times and stops.

I can't seem to find any solutions or even explanations online. Hopefully someone here has an answer or suggestion?
2020-5-23
Use props
JohnDG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

Hi wbwatkins,

if you have a SD card in it --> remove it
Please turn off remote, press C1+C2+ Record+ Camera settings dial at the same time, then turn on remote, you will see the light blue led.
Then try to connect the smart controller to a pc and try updating with the DJI Assitent 2 program
https://www.dji.com/be/downloads ... ant-dji-2-for-mavic

If this doesn't work, you should contact DJI repair.

Succes !
2020-5-23
Use props
wbwatkins
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for the suggestion, JohnDG. I tried that combination several times- no joy. It looks like DJI repair contact is in order.
2020-5-23
Use props
TerminalVelocity
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6248064 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was just curious if you found a resolution to your SC problem?  I've not seen this problem with the SC, to date, and was hoping someone would come along and provide a simple fix...for future reference.
2020-5-28
Use props
fansa3a77891
lvl.1
United States

TerminalVelocity Posted at 5-28 17:03
I was just curious if you found a resolution to your SC problem?  I've not seen this problem with the SC, to date, and was hoping someone would come along and provide a simple fix...for future reference.

It's a little sad, but the solution was to charge it with the provided charger. I'd tried charging previously with several higher watt chargers and never got a result, so I'd assumed battery level wasn't an issue because when I'd first started the firmware update, it showed 70% charge. At any rate, I stumbled across the solution on another thread, which suggested using the originally supplied charger, which ended up solving the problem.
2020-7-19
Use props
TerminalVelocity
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6248064 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansa3a77891 Posted at 7-19 06:09
It's a little sad, but the solution was to charge it with the provided charger. I'd tried charging previously with several higher watt chargers and never got a result, so I'd assumed battery level wasn't an issue because when I'd first started the firmware update, it showed 70% charge. At any rate, I stumbled across the solution on another thread, which suggested using the originally supplied charger, which ended up solving the problem.

That's great you found the problem and have the SC back in action.  That's valuable information for future reference and thanks for following up.  Knowing now how particular the SC is to it's charge voltage, I think I'll pick up a spare SC charge adapter from DJI.
2020-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules