DJI Osmo Action as a webcam
11121 15 2020-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

Thank god someone actually found a way to use the DOAC as a webcam without the need for any cables

2020-5-23
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

I seen a number of OBS videos and that is as far as I went never clear how to get as a webcam   I simply pick my  C920 logicam up or use my laptop. the 1990's   hybrid cameras had built in drivers with usb ports used, DJI could easily did the same  they did not or do not want to offer a easy fix.   and that is  that.
2020-5-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thank G my laptop has a webcam
2020-5-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

thanks for the tip.
2020-5-25
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 5-25 01:07
Thank G my laptop has a webcam

Mine does, but it’s a fixed into the frame and I can’t move it, even the cabled webcams have limits as to where you can place them.
2020-5-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

crash1sttime Posted at 5-25 01:42
Mine does, but it’s a fixed into the frame and I can’t move it, even the cabled webcams have limits as to where you can place them.

That is true.
I only use them for video conferencing so I don't need more.
2020-5-25
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

crash1sttime Posted at 5-25 01:42

Then what do you think will happen with the Osmo Action as a Webcam which  the cable provided is only 1meter tops, why then would you want a OA as a Webcam.

Your Smartphone is A Webcam, with the right App is Wireless no less, will get the job done. while waiting for DJI to one day get the Driver added to the cameras software? (SMiles)
2020-5-25
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Fishycomics Posted at 5-25 03:40
Then what do you think will happen with the Osmo Action as a Webcam which  the cable provided is only 1meter tops, why then would you want a OA as a Webcam.

Your Smartphone is A Webcam, with the right App is Wireless no less, will get the job done. while waiting for DJI to one day get the Driver added to the cameras software? (SMiles)

Cable ? The battery last an hour 20 why would you need a cable ?
2020-5-25
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

with todays times Lol DJI can not even get a webcam driver. and want them to use a usb type c cable to run as a webcam bipassing the battery.   they need to make the driver for it, and  well not sure I have use for one Lol.
2020-5-25
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Fishycomics Posted at 5-25 05:27
with todays times Lol DJI can not even get a webcam driver. and want them to use a usb type c cable to run as a webcam bipassing the battery.   they need to make the driver for it, and  well not sure I have use for one Lol.

fair enough
2020-5-25
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

I also would  love to see this happen,    but will we?  Will see .
2020-5-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Thank you for sharing this video with us entitled DJI Osmo Action Webcam. There is a possibility that this process will be able to work on the DJI Osmo Action. But however, since it's not yet optimized and is not yet tested by our DJI R&D. We cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions properly. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2020-6-2
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-2 23:20
Hello there. Thank you for sharing this video with us entitled DJI Osmo Action Webcam. There is a possibility that this process will be able to work on the DJI Osmo Action. But however, since it's not yet optimized and is not yet tested by our DJI R&D. We cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions properly. Thank you for your understanding and support.

@DJI Stephen

I’m just sorry that a third party had to write the app seeing as how DJI can’t be bothered to include webcam functionality.

Yes it works all the time perfectly
2020-6-3
Use props
marvinfernandes
New

Netherlands

nice, i have mac and an gopro hero 1 can we do that
2020-11-19
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer