796 19 2020-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vascoarmartins
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45394 ft
Germany

Hi Dji,

I got a Mavic mini just because I need a smaller drone and usb charging but the lack of "autopilot" is really disapointing
Is there a possibility to at least make the quickshots with no time limitation !? at least the circular one.

thank you and best regards
Vasco
2020-5-23
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Would be nice.
2020-5-23
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

You got what you paid for...like me ;-)
2020-5-23
Use props
Lieronet
lvl.3
Flight distance : 809948 ft
Slovakia

no              
2020-5-23
Use props
vascoarmartins
lvl.2
Germany

GaryDoug Posted at 5-23 19:16
You got what you paid for...like me ;-)

I would gladly pay for the extra feature if that is the issue.
2020-5-24
Use props
vascoarmartins
lvl.2
Germany

If any outsource developers are able to do this please let me know, there is a market for a "blind" tracker and the mini has the basics because it can identify shapes with the quickshoots already.
Thank you I'm advance.
2020-5-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

vascoarmartins Posted at 5-24 01:27
If any outsource developers are able to do this please let me know, there is a market for a "blind" tracker and the mini has the basics because it can identify shapes with the quickshoots already.
Thank you I'm advance.

There is no SDK avaialble for the Mini, and even if there was, you can only code with the functions provided by DJI. It is not going to happen, forget it.
2020-5-24
Use props
Ralle
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11289 ft
Finland

Is not needed !!!!!!!!!!!!
2020-5-24
Use props
vascoarmartins
lvl.2
Germany

Geebax Posted at 5-24 01:35
There is no SDK avaialble for the Mini, and even if there was, you can only code with the functions provided by DJI. It is not going to happen, forget it.

Thank you for the reply... best regards
2020-5-24
Use props
vascoarmartins
lvl.2
Germany

Anyone knows about a usb charger for the MAvic Air 2 in this case ?
thank you to all.
2020-5-24
Use props
thE29
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14094 ft
Germany

Geebax Posted at 5-24 01:35
There is no SDK avaialble for the Mini, and even if there was, you can only code with the functions provided by DJI. It is not going to happen, forget it.

There is probably all in the SDK to handle it ;)

It can already identify objects. The rest are just movement commands..

Spotlight (just turning around, keeping the object in center) should be rather easy.

Waypoints, Active-track, etc. for sure not.
2020-5-25
Use props
ichan.id
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54183 ft
Indonesia

same request with different thread for a thousand times DJI will never listen but i salute you to keep asking, mini just mini... save your extra pay for mavic Air 2 we all have to wait the SDK than ask DJI for mini feature

Up and bump... up and bump
2020-5-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there vascoarmartins. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information and your insights with regards to this matter. I will forward this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. All significant suggestions or insights will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you.
2020-6-1
Use props
vascoarmartins
lvl.2
Germany

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-1 22:27
Hello there vascoarmartins. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information and your insights with regards to this matter. I will forward this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. All significant suggestions or insights will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you.

Hi, thank you for the attention on the topic,
Would be great just to have an unlimited time on the Circle mode or at least a `ping pong` mode where the  mavic goes back and fwrd between two set points.

Thanks a lot for taking this into consideration, I love the portability and usb charging of this drone and would hate to give this up for the lack of minimum autonomous flight.

Thank you and best regards
Vasco
2020-6-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

vascoarmartins Posted at 6-2 06:54
Hi, thank you for the attention on the topic,
Would be great just to have an unlimited time on the Circle mode or at least a `ping pong` mode where the  mavic goes back and fwrd between two set points.

Hi there Vasco. Thank you for the reply and I have already forwarded this thread to the designated DJI department. Again, thank you for your valued support and please stay safe always.
2020-6-3
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

So far it has been demonstrated by DJI that they are willing to add software features to enrich the mini's capability. It takes time and money to do it and was offered to us for free. Active track is not a simple feature to implement. They need to program it so it maintains a fixed distance from you while pan tracking you. Let's just hope DJI feels generous enough on this one.
2020-6-3
Use props
vascoarmartins
lvl.2
Germany

thE29 Posted at 5-25 03:44
There is probably all in the SDK to handle it ;)

It can already identify objects. The rest are just movement commands..

Hi, do you think you can execute this function or know anyone that can?

best regards
2020-6-3
Use props
vascoarmartins
lvl.2
Germany

Guorium Posted at 6-3 04:06
So far it has been demonstrated by DJI that they are willing to add software features to enrich the mini's capability. It takes time and money to do it and was offered to us for free. Active track is not a simple feature to implement. They need to program it so it maintains a fixed distance from you while pan tracking you. Let's just hope DJI feels generous enough on this one.

Taking in consideration mavic air has it I think the limitation is intentional or related to the lack of obstacle avoidance senses. But something based on the quick-shots but with no time limit would be great for us that just need the drone for video selfies.  
2020-6-3
Use props
thE29
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14094 ft
Austria

vascoarmartins Posted at 6-3 04:09
Hi, do you think you can execute this function or know anyone that can?

best regards

If the SDK comes out and I have free-time, I can give it a try..

The problem is, how do distribute the app.. with a normal SDK key, you can install the app 10 times.. I dont plan on selling anything, as I would have to provide security for some cases..

But as the whole SDK is open-source, maybe I will upload it on github.. And users have to inject their own SDK key (which is free for everyone). We will see, when the SDK is here.

Also only for Android.
2020-6-3
Use props
vascoarmartins
lvl.2
Germany

thE29 Posted at 6-3 05:05
If the SDK comes out and I have free-time, I can give it a try..

The problem is, how do distribute the app.. with a normal SDK key, you can install the app 10 times.. I dont plan on selling anything, as I would have to provide security for some cases..

This is great news ... maybe DJi gets interested in the features and do a deal with you ;)
I'll gladly be the tester just keep me posted
2020-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules