Terrible/ no customer support
3307 6 2020-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cioran6
lvl.1

Canada

Like previous reviewers, unfortunately I had to experience DJI's complete lack of integrity, ethics and ignorance towards their long term customers.
I can only warn anybody and recommend to look somewhere else. If your DJI product needs repair save yourself the hassle of dealing with them, it's gonna be a waste of time.
E.g. check out the warning of the Better Business Bureau: 'According to BBB files, our records show that (DJI) has a pattern of complaints concerning consumers having difficulty getting a response or reaching representatives when inquiries or issues arise...'

Basically what happened to me was:
I got a Mavik Mini that was purchased in Tokyo. I went ahead and purchased the according insurance on their (international) website.
When I unfortunately crashed it, I contacted DJI 'customer care' many, many times. ...and after my efforts were ignored for weeks, I finally got somebody in a chat and was given a shipping label. At that time I had to give them the serial number of the drone as well as the dji care insurance - no comment about a possible issue.
So I drove the 120km to the next UPS drop-off to send it to DJI repair ONLY to receive it back a week later, completely untouched. No note, nothing!
Ok, back to trying to get in touch to find out what the heck is going on, back to getting ignored.
Long story short, when I finally got a hold of somebody in the chat, I finally learn that apparently a 'Japanese' drone is not covered by DJI care and they won't repair it. However at that time they at least offer to refund the money for the insurance, which is hilarious in itself.

When I wrote another email, trying to talk sense and explain how there is no information about that Japanese thing in the first place, that they put me through a lot of trouble ...of course, I had to send the email a number of times to finally get THIS reply from CHESKA:
'We are sorry to inform you that DJI does not sell any products in your region and we are not able to provide services for you either. Sorry for the inconvenience. Your understanding is highly appreciated.'

So, obviously Cheska didn't even read my email. After this I wrote again asking for the refund for the insurance - no reply...!

Sorry DJI, I thought you were a decent company but after getting to know you: NEVER AGAIN!

2020-5-23
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Yeah, not unusual. DJI do not have an international warranty on their products, neither do many other companies. So having bought it in Japan, it has to go back there for repair. Talking to DJI via 'chat' is an equally normal situation, as they employ morons in call centres where they have no idea what a drone is. Hopefully, one of the moderators here will try to help you.
2020-5-23
Use props
Cioran6
lvl.1

Canada

Aiy aiy Captain! I think the point is that I had purchased DJI care on their international website. When I purchased it I had to put in the serial number by which it would have been easy to identify the origin of the drone. It would have been ok to receive a message at that point telling me about the Japan-issue. The same thing when I finally got a hold of somebody in the support chat: Told my story, gave the serial number, got the shipping label ... again, no hint.
Besides that, as you can see by that warning of Better Business Bureau, they ignore and treat customers poorly since years.
2020-5-23
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yea...unless you have a contact in Japan forget it.
2020-5-23
Use props
Cioran6
lvl.1

Canada

Already did, just so disappointed
2020-5-23
Use props
Cioran6
lvl.1

Canada

On top of everything, they are not responding to my emails about the refund for DJI-care. Something they have at least offered me earlier and basically a service I payed for but never received! Borderline fraudulent in my opinion
2020-5-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Cioran6, you have our sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience with our customer service and the inconvenience caused. For Mavic Mini, the radio frequency hardware of the aircraft and remote controllers have both FCC and CE versions and it doesn't support cross-version repair.
Your aircraft and remote controller are Japanese (CE) versions, and the US area only supports the FCC version. Due to cross-version issues, repair, replacement, or other after-sales services cannot be provided to your product in the US area. We recommend that you return back to the area that supports your product version. Thank you for your understanding.
We have made it clear that the DJI Care Refresh and the corresponding product must be purchased from the same country or region on the purchase page.
DJI Care Refresh.png

For the support issue, we will forward to our management department for investigation, sorry again for all the trouble caused.
2020-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules