909 6 2020-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StubbornSwiss
Second Officer
Flight distance : 480771 ft
United States

Greetings!

I got my first AirSense warning this morning. But too my surprise there was no audible warning. I just happened to look at my screen and I saw the little aircraft icon where my map icon should be (bottom left). My map was minimized at the time. Of course I promptly opened up the map to full screen, and I saw the aircraft in question. It was obviously a 152 or 172 doing circuit work at a private airfield not too far from me.

So my question is why no audible warning? Was it because my map was fully minimized? Was it because the aircraft wasn't close enough? Do we get the visual warning before the audible?

I was flying with an iPhone 6s Plus. And everything is up to date on device, RC and drone.

If you have answers, I'd really appreciate to hear.

Thanks.
2020-5-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi StubbornSwiss, sorry to read the ADS-B was not performed as expected, did you turn on the media volume of your mobile phone?
2020-5-24
Use props
StubbornSwiss
Second Officer
United States

Yes DJI Mindy, the volume was up and I was getting other messages, like home point set etc.

Thanks for your response.
2020-5-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

StubbornSwiss Posted at 5-24 02:30
Yes DJI Mindy, the volume was up and I was getting other messages, like home point set etc.

Thanks for your response.

Then it is not about the media volume of your mobile device. Here are the details of how ADS-B works:
Level 1, only the location of the aircraft displays on the map, the camera view will not pop-up any prompts (level 1 is very common and non-hazardous).
Level 2, the prompts will display on the camera view with different colors (level 2 requires user attention but not urgent).
Level 3, add audio prompts (level 3 requires the user to respond in time, which has a bigger risk)
Level 4, add mobile phone vibration prompts (level 4 requires users to respond immediately, very dangerous).

From your description, it seems in the second level. There is no audio warning because the distance is not close enough.
2020-5-26
Use props
StubbornSwiss
Second Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-26 03:18
Then it is not about the media volume of your mobile device. Here are the details of how ADS-B works:
Level 1, only the location of the aircraft displays on the map, the camera view will not pop-up any prompts (level 1 is very common and non-hazardous).
Level 2, the prompts will display on the camera view with different colors (level 2 requires user attention but not urgent).

Thank you very much for this detailed explanation, DJI Mindy.

It is very helpful, and I will copy this and save it to my documentation.

Again, many thanks!
2020-5-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

StubbornSwiss Posted at 5-26 03:38
Thank you very much for this detailed explanation, DJI Mindy.

It is very helpful, and I will copy this and save it to my documentation.

You are very welcome, it is our pleasure to provide support to our valued customers. Enjoy flying.
2020-6-1
Use props
tbhausen
lvl.2
United States

Have the Chinese AirSense voice prompts been changed to English yet for North American users? If not, when can we anticipate this firmware update? Thanks!
2020-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules