Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RTH Cancellation on Strong Winds
2191 13 2020-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Maaacoooo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3336138 ft
Philippines

Good day.

I'm having fun with my new Mavic Mini for 2 weeks now.
Been reading and watching videos of how it performs, the way to operate it and other tips.

As I searched around the net, to some forums, and facebook groups, some of the members claimed that they lost their Mini upon RTH and this is because of strong winds.
I, myself have experienced this, but thankfully I always keep a good connection and within line of sight.

Mini somehow cancels the RTH sequence whenever a strong wind warning occurs.
Of course, as much as I want to keep my drone, this feature really bothers me.

I would like to ask for DJI guys why this feature exists, and hoping for a good technical answer to support the reason of this feature.

Thanks!
2020-5-24
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Your post is the first time I've heard of this.
As it isn't documented in the manual and hasn't been announced, it seems unlikely.
Can you post flight data for a flight where you have observed this happening?

I would like to ask for DJI guys why this feature exists, and hoping for a good technical answer to support the reason of this feature.
I can't think of any reason for DJI to program this to happen.
2020-5-24
Use props
Skrajnik
lvl.3
Flight distance : 764623 ft
Slovenia

It is nothing personal, it is just business ...
2020-5-24
Use props
Maaacoooo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3336138 ft
Philippines

Labroides Posted at 5-24 01:46
Your post is the first time I've heard of this.
As it isn't documented in the manual and hasn't been announced, it seems unlikely.

I'd probably be doing a test for this. I will be updating this thread, most probably tomorrow.
2020-5-24
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Are you possibly confusing when the RTH speed isn’t enough to overcome a strong wind.
2020-5-24
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Maaacoooo Posted at 5-24 04:52
I'd probably be doing a test for this. I will be updating this thread, most probably tomorrow.

You've already done the test.
You thought it showed that RTH was cancelled by strong wind.
The recorded flight data will go a long way toward showing if that was the case.
2020-5-24
Use props
Vlas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maaacoooo Posted at 5-24 04:52

Look forward to it.
2020-5-24
Use props
djiuser_8ZMcvRvaT8n3
lvl.1
United Kingdom

How do you check the recorded flight data ??
2020-5-24
Use props
TDZHDTV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

Well that’s 2 minutes of my life lost reading this ridiculous post! Did it or didn’t it happen?
2020-5-24
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

are you maybe talking about a warning  "unable to return to home automatically" message?
2020-5-24
Use props
USS Sprite
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31427 ft
United States

The Saint Posted at 5-24 08:35
are you maybe talking about a warning  "unable to return to home automatically" message?

FWIW I’ve seen that same warning every so often if there’s moderate wind - it tells me to lower altitude  as well.

Being pretty obedient wrt to such things, I comply immediately.
2020-5-24
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_8ZMcvRvaT8n3 Posted at 5-24 06:52
How do you check the recorded flight data ??

You post the .txt file from the flight data stored in the app, here and a data whisperer looks at it.
2020-5-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Maaacoooo. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared with us. The pilot can cancel RTH by pressing the RTH button on the remote controller. If RTH is cancelled following a low battery level warning, the Intelligent Flight Battery may not have enough power for the drone to land safely, which may lead to the aircraft crashing or being lost. In addition I will post a link where in you can check the the DJI Guidelines on How to use DJI’s Return to Home ( RTH ) Safely ( https://store.dji.com/guides/how-to-use-the-djis-return-to-home/ ). Thank you.
2020-6-3
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

TDZHDTV Posted at 5-24 07:11
Well that’s 2 minutes of my life lost reading this ridiculous post! Did it or didn’t it happen?

Beleive me it's not wasted, you made me lough so hard. It's good to lough in those difficult days in confinment.
2020-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules