Software Changes
1182 8 2020-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AndyGFLees
lvl.1

France

Hi, can anyone tell me where I should post a suggestion for DJI Fly software changes ?

Thanks,
2020-5-24
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
Flight distance : 634505 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think you can start here.
2020-5-24
Use props
AndyGFLees
lvl.1

France

ET214 Posted at 5-24 06:42
I think you can start here.

Okay, I was not sure if DJI developers monitored the forum. I will compose the question and add it.
2020-5-24
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

AndyGFLees Posted at 5-24 06:48
Okay, I was not sure if DJI developers monitored the forum. I will compose the question and add it.

The developers don’t. The forum admins do and  maybe they would forward the suggestions.
Looking forward to reading them.
2020-5-24
Use props
AndyGFLees
lvl.1

France

ET214 Posted at 5-24 07:06
The developers don’t. The forum admins do and  maybe they would forward the suggestions.
Looking forward to reading them.

I haven't received my drone yet (I will be ordering a Mavic Air 2 next week) but I have been reading up about the drone and viewing many YouTube videos, as you might imagine. It seems to me that the are an increasing number of settings available to drone flyers, which is quite welcome, and only to be expected as products evolve. However, keeping track of these, especially for those of us who may not be fully familiar with the more exotic settings associated with cinematography, flight dynamics, safety etc will inevitably mean that some launches are made with one or more settings incorrect and/or not set.

Can I suggest that DJI consider a new customisable menu that would appear as a drop-down Pre-Flight Checklist. The user could pre-select (in the comfort of thier own home) which of the items from the existing settings menu would appear on this checklist, according to the requirements of the session. For instance, someone who is flying the drone to experiment with different lighting conditions for a video would have different settings appear on the checklist to someone who is looking to snap more photos or someone that is carrying out range/battery testing. This would save time and ensure that some of the more common settings that always need to be verified are also never forgotten in the rush to launch, such as RTH height.

Sorry if this has already been tabled, but it appears to be an obvious omission from the app.
Thanks,
2020-5-24
Use props
AndyGFLees
lvl.1

France

AndyGFLees Posted at 5-24 07:41
I haven't received my drone yet (I will be ordering a Mavic Air 2 next week) but I have been reading up about the drone and viewing many YouTube videos, as you might imagine. It seems to me that the are an increasing number of settings available to drone flyers, which is quite welcome, and only to be expected as products evolve. However, keeping track of these, especially for those of us who may not be fully familiar with the more exotic settings associated with cinematography, flight dynamics, safety etc will inevitably mean that some launches are made with one or more settings incorrect and/or not set.

Can I suggest that DJI consider a new customisable menu that would appear as a drop-down Pre-Flight Checklist. The user could pre-select (in the comfort of thier own home) which of the items from the existing settings menu would appear on this checklist, according to the requirements of the session. For instance, someone who is flying the drone to experiment with different lighting conditions for a video would have different settings appear on the checklist to someone who is looking to snap more photos or someone that is carrying out range/battery testing. This would save time and ensure that some of the more common settings that always need to be verified are also never forgotten in the rush to launch, such as RTH height.

Hi,

Small addition to the Pre-Flight Checklist suggestion - user generated text items in the check list that would be peculiar to the users configuration/environment/equipment.

Thanks,
2020-5-24
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I haven't received my drone yet (I will be ordering a Mavic Air 2 next week) but I have been reading up about the drone and viewing many YouTube videos, as you might imagine. It seems to me that the are an increasing number of settings available to drone flyers, which is quite welcome, and only to be expected as products evolve. However, keeping track of these, especially for those of us who may not be fully familiar with the more exotic settings associated with cinematography, flight dynamics, safety etc will inevitably mean that some launches are made with one or more settings incorrect and/or not set.

Can I suggest that DJI consider a new customisable menu that would appear as a drop-down Pre-Flight Checklist. The user could pre-select (in the comfort of thier own home) which of the items from the existing settings menu would appear on this checklist, according to the requirements of the session. For instance, someone who is flying the drone to experiment with different lighting conditions for a video would have different settings appear on the checklist to someone who is looking to snap more photos or someone that is carrying out range/battery testing. This would save time and ensure that some of the more common settings that always need to be verified are also never forgotten in the rush to launch, such as RTH height.

Hi
They do have a Pre flight check section but right now its just for safety.. props on correctly, gimbal cover off..., etc.

Good thoughts.. Hopefully someone will see it and forward it on.
2020-5-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Once you get familiar flying you'll find this is second nature to you,  you just need a little practice when the drone arrives.
2020-5-25
Use props
AndyGFLees
lvl.1

France

DAFlys Posted at 5-25 02:06
Once you get familiar flying you'll find this is second nature to you,  you just need a little practice when the drone arrives.

Thanks DAFlys, ET214.
2020-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules