Battery Thresholds
932 7 2015-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scott.rich
lvl.2

United States

Where does everyone set their battery warning thresholds?  I have left mine at the defaults, but generally don't fly that far away - almost always have line of sight with the Phantom.   Is it recommended to leave the warnings at the defaults or do most people go lower?  
2015-6-16
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I leave mine default.

You can now buy the official DJI Hardshell Backpack for the Phantom 3
Remember to buy extra propellers and one or two spare batteries to keep you flying
www.Phantom-Guide.co.uk - The Ultimate Phantom 3 Resource

2015-6-16
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

The default settings are best. It's a good idea to land before or when your battery gets to the low level. If it gets to the critical low level, your Phantom will auto land at its current location.

Also, it's a good idea to watch your battery voltage level -- and, not just rely on the low & critically low levels. See more here:
http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... ns-of-failure.43313

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-6-16
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

I set mine to minimum because i always have my voltage data in sight, if i had a Phantom2 without FPV and iOSD i would have set them to default. In case of P3 i dont need it and you always see the graphical status line as well and the point of no return as well. So i usually land at 30%, sometimes a bit later but only when the Phantoms are very close to me
2015-6-16
Use props
scott.rich
lvl.2

United States

Thanks for the info.  I've had the Phantom for a week and have flown it about 25 times - usually landing in the 15-17 min timeframe.  So I try not to push it to the limit and have kept it in sight 98% of the time.  I still feel like I need a lot more practice flying.
2015-6-16
Use props
QuadKoppta
lvl.1

United States

Default for me
2015-6-16
Use props
HunterBrooks
lvl.4

United States

Default.  I tend to fly far away, and it can get pretty gusty here.  So I like the extra cushion in case I'm returning against the wind.

One day with my PH2, I flew too long.  And instead of landing and carrying the PH2 back to my car which was only like 50' away, I decided to let it hover about two feet above the ground and follow me back to the car.  Suddenly, it just took off into the air.  I thought I had a fly-away, but it was actually just a RTH.  It went up 60', over about 15', then straight down.  I could feel my heart pounding in my chest.  LOL  

Yup, default.  : )
2015-6-16
Use props
Cacc
lvl.3

Canada

I have mine set to 20%/10%. When I get the warning (which I know is coming as I always have an eye on battery power) I treat it as a "land now" warning vs a "one more shot" warning. I have never hit that 10% mark yet and don't plan to and usually land in the 25-35% range; I just don't need those around me (clients mainly) freaking out by a warning siren prematurely...especially when rolling sound on the ground. I find the sound also to be quite the distraction and overly nerve wracking at a time when you need to land pretty soon and need to be more aware of your surroundings.
2015-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules