Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Please I need support!!!
3007 28 2015-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
emiliosacerio
lvl.2

United States

My brand new P3 is showing a lower voltage reading in one of the battery's cell and the battery capacity has lowered. I already contacted DJI support and they are ignoring me! I also contacted the dealer dronenerd.com and they told me there is nothing they can do to help me, so can anyone please help me with this problem?

Attached pictures
2015-6-16
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Post an image of the battery screen of the Pilot App.

You can now buy the official DJI Hardshell Backpack for the Phantom 3
Remember to buy extra propellers and one or two spare batteries to keep you flying
www.Phantom-Guide.co.uk - The Ultimate Phantom 3 Resource

2015-6-16
Use props
droneflyers.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you purchased with a credit card or through paypal and you are within 30 or 45 days, you can certainly force the dealer to take it back or replace it - this assumes you cannot fix it (and that something is really wrong).

Did you update the battery along with the firmware?

Have you drained the battery down fairly well and then charged it back up?

Be specific - how much life has it lost - how many flights, etc.?

2015-6-16
Use props
emiliosacerio
lvl.2

United States

Hi guys,

I am on my way home and as soon I get there I will upload the pictures, as for the return I just contacted my credit card and they will get in contact with drone nerds to get me a refound.  
As for the capacity of the battery, it is supposed to have 4400 mah but on the app it only shows 4260,  i already did a full calibration by letting it dry to 8 % and then charge it till it gets full but the capacity after that keeps showing 4260 and the cells keeps also showing a lower voltage reading compared to the other 3 cells
2015-6-16
Use props
emiliosacerio
lvl.2

United States

Battery has only being charged 11 times,  is practically brand new
2015-6-16
Use props
emiliosacerio
lvl.2

United States

Pics Attached

Lower Battery 2

Lower Battery 2

Lower Battery

Lower Battery
2015-6-16
Use props
Phantom Help
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

I wouldn't fly with that battery since it appears the first cell is damaged.

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-6-16
Use props
emiliosacerio
lvl.2

United States

Phantom Help Posted at 2015-6-17 04:45
I wouldn't fly with that battery since it appears the first cell is damaged.

Hi,

No I won't, and for my luck I just received an email from DJI saying that in order to fix my problem I have to take the P3 to Drone Nerds and that they can exchange or order me a new battery.

I went there this morning 60 miles drive and they refused to help me stating that DJI is the one that should help me.

I already contacted my credit card, lets see what happens.

2015-6-16
Use props
Khador
lvl.2
Flight distance : 668100 ft
United Kingdom

You are not alone... seems there is a bad batch.
2015-6-16
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Like said, looks like a bad battery.. Best get in touch with DJI support quick as the batteries have 6 months warranty. The sooner you get it reported the better.. Worth saving the logs from flight 10 and flight 11 off the Phantom if you still have them.

You can now buy the official DJI Hardshell Backpack for the Phantom 3
Remember to buy extra propellers and one or two spare batteries to keep you flying
www.Phantom-Guide.co.uk - The Ultimate Phantom 3 Resource

2015-6-16
Use props
vu.q.le
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-6-16
Use props
jacmac64
lvl.3

United States

Well that sucks. I bought mine from Drone nerds. I didn't want to get one threw DJI because of all the horror stories I've read on here. Now I see there no help either. I felt comfort thinking that if I had a problem they would help me.
2015-6-16
Use props
emiliosacerio
lvl.2

United States

The worst part is that Drone Nerds is on DJI support main page as their main support and still all the support they gave me was to tell me to contact DJI!
2015-6-16
Use props
emiliosacerio
lvl.2

United States

Here is a pic
Screen Shot 2015-06-16 at 5.35.35 PM.png
2015-6-16
Use props
1randy.pence
lvl.3

United States

That could possibly explain why some drones have been falling to the ground with non critical battery  discharge Percentages
2015-6-16
Use props
emiliosacerio
lvl.2

United States

They are a "support center" without support!

2015-6-16
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-6-17 05:08
Like said, looks like a bad battery.. Best get in touch with DJI support quick as the batteries have ...

I think DJI's warranty on batteries is only 90 days!
2015-6-16
Use props
vu.q.le
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-6-16
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

By the looks of the first frame grab showing one cell at 3.6 volts and showing yellow, that's the voltage that a lithium battery is about dead. If you look at the temperature on the battery it displays 48C, meaning that you had just finished using this battery. You're probably drawing 25 amps which heats a battery up fast.

The second grab appears to show that the balancing circuit isn't working correctly as all four cells should be charging independently and display voltages within .02-04 volts of each other.

I'd try charging the battery again after it cools down and see it the circuit starts working correctly.

What I'm not liking is the voltage of the "good" cells showing 4.33 volts. I'm not aware of any LiPO cells charging to that voltage. Overcharging will shorten the battery life.  I'd be interested in who's cells they are using.  If the cells were lithium ion only Sanyo and LG cells charge to 4.35 volts. Interesting???

The DJI warranty on their batteries is only 90 days not 6 months.

Do you have any way to monitor the voltage of the pack other than the DJI Pilot app?
2015-6-16
Use props
emiliosacerio
lvl.2

United States

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-6-17 06:44
I think DJI's warranty on batteries is only 90 days!

As per DJI website it has 6 Months warranty

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-06-16 at 11.34.54 PM.png

Battery

Battery
2015-6-16
Use props
emiliosacerio
lvl.2

United States

vu.q.le@outlook Posted at 2015-6-17 06:59
I assume that DJI has an office in the US. If so, take them to small claims. Call your credit card c ...

I will!!

I already made a claim with my credit card and if that doesn't help I will make a small claim
2015-6-16
Use props
emiliosacerio
lvl.2

United States

gregg1r Posted at 2015-6-17 08:15
By the looks of the first frame grab showing one cell at 3.6 volts and showing yellow, that's the vo ...

I already did that, and the reading was still the exactly the same   and no I don't have another way to check the battery

I love this drone but the customer service is killing the product
2015-6-16
Use props
DJI-Autumn
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Hi,
For new battery, the total capacity might be lower that 4480mAH. It's normal if the difference is about 5 percent. You can try to discharge it to empty then fully charge it.
I'll go and ask more information.
2015-6-17
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

emiliosacerio Posted at 2015-6-17 11:37
As per DJI website it has 6 Months warranty

I stand corrected! That's certainly hard to read, but you're absolutely right. I can see that some of the other batteries are only warrantied for 3 months, but the Phantom 3 battery is listed at 6 months. I was also going primarily on what DJI Autumn had posted here a couple of times before.

A warranty of 6 months certainly sounds more reasonable. A rechargeable battery that can only be charged 90 - 120 times seems a bit much. My basis of comparison however, could be faulty. My previous experience of "battery cycles" relates primarily to things like Group 27 (RV type deep cycle) and NiCads - which can often be charged for hundreds of cycles before they give up the ghost.
2015-6-17
Use props
emiliosacerio
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-6-17 17:13
Hi,
For new battery, the total capacity might be lower that 4480mAH. It's normal if the difference  ...

Thank you Autumn!

Please let me know if you find any other information about the lower voltage reading

Thanks
2015-6-17
Use props
jon.godfrey
lvl.3

United Kingdom

the cell with the lower reading is only 0.04v diference.  That is a tiny deiference from the other cells.  I know it's showing amber and not green but the number is very small.
2015-6-17
Use props
bezdog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10853 ft
  • >>>
United States

jacmac64 Posted at 2015-6-16 13:19
Well that sucks. I bought mine from Drone nerds. I didn't want to get one threw DJI because of all the horror stories I've read on here. Now I see there no help either. I felt comfort thinking that if I had a problem they would help me.

Dronenerds never answers emails and are fairly unreliable, sorry to say.
2019-1-31
Use props
djiuser_EsF6zRjlWDH1
New

United States

Sorry if I'm high jacking a thread, I don't mean to but I just joined 2 minutes ago. I have looked everywhere online for the problem I'm having, but no luck.

I just bought a a used phantom 2 vision. I made sure it lifted off the ground befor I give cash. I got it home and connect to to my litchi for p2 app. Camera works through phone. Took it out the next day to test fly. All lights did what thy should do (blink green and red fast, then stay red in back green in front. But when it takes off all goes red and looses stability and lands then roles on its side.

Looking that up has something to do with 1 software 2 has something to do with battery. So I look at all 3 batteries, 2 of them say 2014, 1 has nothing. So the next day I try again but with the battery with nothing on it. All is ok but once in a while all lights go red back to green with no effects to the flying.

But now the main issue I'm dealing with now that I'm looking for help with is my app now shows care disconnected.
2019-1-31
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

First thing you must do is spend some time and read and understand the manual.  When you're done, read it again.  You can find it on DJI.com.

The lamps are off in front until the motors spin faster than idle - that's when they turn red.  Red lamps in front is normal.  The rear lamps will vary in color depending on what they are telling you.

You must always launch with a fully charged battery.

Slow blinking red in the rear is telling you it has a very low battery and you must land very soon.

Fast blinking red is telling you it has a critically low battery and is auto-landing.  You can steer it down but you cannot stop the descent.

Solid red is a general and serious error.

Chances are one or all of your batteries are no good.  Look for swelling on the sides.  If the sides are at all mushy, you must retire the battery.  A swollen battery is not dependable.  

Do not leave the batteries fully charged for more than a few days.  There is no auto-discharge feature for the P2 batteries.  If you leave them fully charged, they will swell up and you'll have to retire them.  

Check the state of the cell balance of the non-mushy batteries using DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant software - you can download it from dji.com and install it on your desktop/laptop.

Chances are your camera will not transmit FPV - instead you'll have a black screen where the FPV should be.  This is a common problem with the P2V egg camera.  There is no fix.  You would have to buy a replacement egg camera.  If it does happen to work correctly, you are very lucky.  But you don't need FPV to fly.  You can record video and fly with no FPV.  

Good luck
2019-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules