2839 19 2020-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hummingbird.UAV
Captain
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Here is my solution to fitting an iPad mini onto the Mavic Air 2 controller.

2020-5-24
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Great idea and functional.
I use the Polar Pro flight deck.  I like how you can completely adjust the angle and balance of my I pad mini. It is rather expensive though.
2020-5-24
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice setup
2020-5-24
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice system and affordable to boot.
2020-5-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good idea!
2020-5-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

PS, I have subbed to you via my second channel as well.
http://www.youtube.com/c/PeterMontfrooij
2020-5-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks really good.
2020-5-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Hummingbird.UAV. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this very simple but innovative rig you have created for your DJI Mavic Air's remote controller. Great work and fly safe always.
2020-5-30
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-30 01:15
Hello there Hummingbird.UAV. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this very simple but innovative rig you have created for your DJI Mavic Air's remote controller. Great work and fly safe always.

Thanks Stephen.  I have also made a similar 3D printed clip.
2020-5-30
Use props
djiuser_ct9xnRWmwExt
New
Flight distance : 115354 ft
Belgium

Very nice solution!

Since you are a apple user I got a question... I am planning to buy the latest ipad mini 5 WiFi, but I am a little confused about the GPS....So can I use the Google Maps in the DJI Fly App?
Sorry if this is a stupid question....I normally buy always android devices but there is no compender for the ipad mini in the 8" tablets....
2020-5-31
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cool set up
2020-5-31
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

djiuser_ct9xnRWmwExt Posted at 5-31 09:31
Very nice solution!

Since you are a apple user I got a question... I am planning to buy the latest ipad mini 5 WiFi, but I am a little confused about the GPS....So can I use the Google Maps in the DJI Fly App?

Mavic Air 2 which uses the new DJI Fly app uses Apple maps on my iPad mini4.  There is no place to set this.  I don't know what it uses on an Android device.  As for Google Maps on iPads/iPhone it's what I always use.  The mini 5 has GPS however if you are out of wifi range the maps won't update.  To solve this I make a wifi hot spot on my phone and have the iPad connect to the internet through it.  Hope you enjoy your new MA2.
2020-5-31
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_ct9xnRWmwExt Posted at 5-31 09:31
Very nice solution!

".... there is no competitor for the ipad mini in the 8" tablets..."

It's true that there are no "DJI-approved" versions of an Android tablet. But there are some that do work. I learned from another member here that the ASUS ZenPad Z8S P00J 8" tablet would work and bought one. No problems so far.
2020-5-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 5-30 07:56
Thanks Stephen.  I have also made a similar 3D printed clip.

Hi there Hummingbird.UAV. You are very much welcome and I wish to see a sample video or photo of the said 3D printed clip you have created in the future. Again thank you for supporting DJI and please stays safe always.
2020-6-1
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-1 01:27
Hi there Hummingbird.UAV. You are very much welcome and I wish to see a sample video or photo of the said 3D printed clip you have created in the future. Again thank you for supporting DJI and please stays safe always.

Stephen below is a photo of my 3D printed clip.  It is made from ABS material.  The plastic clips are ~1cm longer than the aluminum one.  This change means the Tx holder does not have to pull out to its maximum position.
The middle clip was my first attempt.  Because of its size it developed a curve due to shrinkage making it pull up from the printer bed.  It took almost 4 hours to print.
The final design is optimized with a square hole and thinner center section. It weighs 40% less than the first print.  It did not curve during printng and took only 2:30 to print.  The plastic clips are more secure than the aluminum clip.
Clips.jpg
2020-6-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 6-1 10:17
Stephen below is a photo of my 3D printed clip.  It is made from ABS material.  The plastic clips are ~1cm longer than the aluminum one.  This change means the Tx holder does not have to pull out to its maximum position.
The middle clip was my first attempt.  Because of its size it developed a curve due to shrinkage making it pull up from the printer bed.  It took almost 4 hours to print.
The final design is optimized with a square hole and thinner center section. It weighs 40% less than the first print.  It did not curve during printng and took only 2:30 to print.  The plastic clips are more secure than the aluminum clip.

Hi there Hummingbird.UAV. Thank you for providing this photo of the clips that you have created. You've done an amazing accessory ( clips for the DJI Mavic Air 2 remote controller ). Again, great work and two thumbs up.
2020-6-1
Use props
New
United States

amazing work!
2020-6-5
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice!
2020-12-21
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

Thanks very much Captain Lucas.
2020-12-22
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Captain Lucas:
     Would you send me an address where I could purchase them for a Mini -4  ( 8" x 5 3/8"),?
2021-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules