Mini is just mini...Before you ask for Active Track for the thous...
1930 38 2020-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Flight distance : 230 ft
Canada

Hey guys, Before you ask for Active Track for the thousandth time, READ.
...stop crying about this and that...get an easy licence and upgrade to mavic-air2 or whatever...so many cry-babies want all for free in a starter's drone...sheeesh..!

2020-5-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Never will change.
2020-5-25
Use props
Renato61
Second Officer
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

Asking for some implementation does not seem to me a crime, to demand the accommodation of problems or malfunctions is a right.
Either MA2 doesn't seem like a feature sample
2020-5-25
Use props
thE29
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14094 ft
Germany

Can a mod just close this thread or does anyone see any purpose in such threads, except being toxic against each other?
2020-5-25
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

Renato61 Posted at 5-25 03:08
Asking for some implementation does not seem to me a crime, to demand the accommodation of problems or malfunctions is a right.
Either MA2 doesn't seem like a feature sample

Yes malfunctions and accommodations I agree....but continuous whining for features of more expensive drones is annoying.
2020-5-25
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103091 ft
United States

They should pin this thread at the top of the forum. Retitle it "Before you ask for Active Track for the thousandth time, READ"
2020-5-25
Use props
Renato61
Second Officer
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

Deucalion Posted at 5-25 05:17
They should pin this thread at the top of the forum. Retitle it "Before you ask for Active Track for the thousandth time, READ"

I agree...
2020-5-25
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey... you create a post, get points, people reply-get points, you reply to every reply, you get points.  Get points without making a point;.
2020-5-25
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Point taken :-)
2020-5-25
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Point taken... :-) and :-)
2020-5-25
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

WebParrot Posted at 5-25 06:25

Good point
2020-5-25
Use props
ichan.id
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54183 ft
Indonesia

WebParrot Posted at 5-25 06:25

and taken... again, then ?
2020-5-25
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

Deucalion Posted at 5-25 05:17

Well said
2020-5-25
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Personally I've never been much interested in it. But other basic DJI drones of the past had it, therefore I believe it's a justified claim.

Anyway... they should at least make the Quickshots work properly. For what I know the MA2 has a 1080p limit and the Mini which I have... has tracking capability which I deem quite poor. Many times I've had my shots ruined because it was jerking (no pun intended)... discontinuously tracking the subject in a tangent rather than yawing.
2020-5-25
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

What a brilliant articulation of proper approach to this product! I couldn't do it better !
2020-5-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

m80116 Posted at 5-25 10:29
Personally I've never been much interested in it. But other basic DJI drones of the past had it, therefore I believe it's a justified claim.

Anyway... they should at least make the Quickshot work properly. For what I know the MA2 has a 1080p limit and the Mini which I have... has tracking capability which I deem quite poor. Many times I've had my shots ruined because it was jerking (no pun intended)... discontinuously tracking the subject in a tangent rather than yawing.
Wrong again no other basic dji drone had it, yes spark had it, but spark cost €750 in Europe if that was basic then mini is truly a toy, spark also had OA which is a requirement of dji drones that have AT. You should upgrade to a Spark you’d realise what a good upgrade it is to mini . And Mavic Air2 quickshots 4K, not limited to 1080p.
2020-5-25
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

hallmark007 Posted at 5-25 10:45
Wrong again no other basic dji drone had it, yes spark had it, but spark cost €750 in Europe if that was basic then mini is truly a toy, spark also had OA which is a requirement of dji drones that have AT. You should upgrade to a Spark you’d realise what a good upgrade it is to mini . And Mavic Air2 quickshots 4K, not limited to 1080p.

WRONG! Correction: You've had it!
You say WRONG like a stomping child... so ridiculous.
2020-5-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

m80116 Posted at 5-25 11:12
WRONG! Correction: You've had it!
You say WRONG like a stomping childing... so ridiculous.

You’re wrong around here about so much, I guess making up stuff is your thing. Walter Mitty.....
2020-5-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ghegheghe.
Don't tell anybody
2020-5-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for all your insights with regards to this matter. As of the moment the DJI Mavic Mini does not have the Activetrack feature. In addition to this, this matter has already been forwarded to the designated DJI department for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you.
2020-6-3
Use props
weseli
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38402 ft

Serbia

Is some countrys is not easy to get licence, so mavic mini is great choice
2020-6-3
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

fans1cafe718 Posted at 5-25 03:34
Yes malfunctions and accommodations I agree....but continuous whining for features of more expensive drones is annoying.

The Spark had Active Tracking and was inferior to the Mini. Perhaps not being so absolute could help you understand that your needs and reasoning isn't necessarily adopted by others.

At the end of the day, why do you care if some folks want Active Track or not? Are you paying for the development? Are you selling a Mavic Air 2? What exactly is your problem?
2020-6-4
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

El Diabolico Posted at 6-4 00:07
The Spark had Active Tracking and was inferior to the Mini. Perhaps not being so absolute could help you understand that your needs and reasoning isn't necessarily adopted by others.

At the end of the day, why do you care if some folks want Active Track or not? Are you paying for the development? Are you selling a Mavic Air 2? What exactly is your problem?

You want a Rolls Royce for the price of a Volks Wagon...?
2020-6-12
Use props
3Recon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4175541 ft
United States

I think it's a gene we all have " I want, I want" it's a good thing, but like others have mentioned you may need to progress. don't wait.
2020-6-12
Use props
Ralle
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11289 ft
Finland

2020-6-12
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

My spark has it, so yeah, it could be there for the Mini too.  It's a deal breaker for many people. AND NO, THE MAVIC 2 OR AIR WON'T WORK THE SAME WAY, since it is over 249g.  I wish people here would stop trolling. If someone is asking for some feature, why do you even care???
2020-6-12
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

Daniella3d Posted at 6-12 17:46
My spark has it, so yeah, it could be there for the Mini too.  It's a deal breaker for many people. AND NO, THE MAVIC 2 OR AIR WON'T WORK THE SAME WAY, since it is over 249g.  I wish people here would stop trolling. If someone is asking for some feature, why do you even care???

Why..?

...because we pay for that on more expensive machines...meh!

...or else, we buy cheapo drone with all...hu?

2020-6-12
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

get a life! troll!
2020-6-12
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

My life is done stuped...saved so many lives...am retired pilot...asshole...pfft...
2020-6-12
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

...arrête de niaiser avec le puck...

...tu me traite de troll hu?

....hmmmmm

2020-6-12
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

lol...pi, t'es qui toué?

2020-6-12
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

...tu m'as insulté...déso
2020-6-12
Use props
Ralle
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11289 ft
Finland

fans1cafe718 Posted at 6-12 17:55
My life is done stuped...saved so many lives...am retired pilot...asshole...pfft...

2020-6-12
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

saved many lifes? people who save life don't go around threatening others. While you were hiding in your house in confinment, I was out there saving life, for real. I am a nurse working in a long term care facility, caring for sick elderly people infected with covid. yes, one of those guarding angel the government refering too, and I probably saved more lifes than you ever will.
2020-6-12
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

saved many lifes? people who save life don't go around threatening others. While you were hiding in your house in confinment, I was out there saving life, for real. I am a nurse working in a long term care facility, caring for sick elderly people infected with covid. yes, one of those guarding angel the government refering too, and I probably saved more lifes than you ever will.
2020-6-12
Use props
DroneroGT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 401545 ft
Guatemala

I think it's a bit silly to buy a drone that's worth twice as much as a mini just for a feature that doesn't cost anything to introduce DJI.

For those of you who cry "The mavic mini doesn't have sensors, it can't have ActiveTrack", excuse me, but people who want that already know it perfectly well, when they bought the drone I was more than informed that it didn't have sensors.

Apart from the fact that ActiveTrack will not necessarily be used in places with obstacles, there are people who would like to be in a free field and have the drone follow them, I think so and I would really love it. It is ridiculous that DJI wants to force us to buy a more expensive drone for such a function, the Mavic Air 2 is set for another public, photographers in particular.

The Mavic Mini is designed for the public that travels and likes to fly with the drone and I think that this function would be the most ideal drone to travel, remember that it weighs 249g and with a Mavic Air 2 you could not take it anywhere.

2020-6-12
Use props
TMvideo
lvl.3
Ukraine

Mavic Air 2 is too big for my bicycle backpack. The Mavic Mini fits well.
2020-6-13
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

Daniella3d Posted at 6-12 21:30

You have my admiration.
And, where did I ever threaten u...hu???
Yes, you probably saved more than me.
I was search and rescue for a while before commercial.
Bonne journée mlle...

2020-6-13
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

fans1cafe718 Posted at 6-12 10:16
You want a Rolls Royce for the price of a Volks Wagon...?

It is Volkswagen (people’s car) and I believe your comparison is totally out of scope...
Active tracking isn’t a “luxurious” feature. The Mini is an upgrade to the Spark and including tracking doesn’t apply any hardware modification nor price increase, it is only software enabled. If the Spark has it, the Mini can and should have it. Nevertheless the Spark only had a front anti collision sensor so not a huge safety net there.

DJI has a history of upgrading its products with continuous firmware updates. I actually believe that active tracking will be available soon.
Closing, you haven't replied to my question, why do you care if people want active tracking enabled? The software development implementation doesn't come out of your pocket and the Mini is already equipped with intelligent flight modes so enabling it should be fairly easy. Also, your position vs more expensive drones is biased and lacks any solid argumentation, having a more expensive drone doesn't cancel the fact that spending 500$ on a 249gr drone isn't a negligible amount. I also have a M2P for different purposes but that doesn't mean that the Mini couldn't be upgraded easily and for free. Personally I think people is being quite reasonable with their demands, especially thinking that this drone has been purposely capped to 2.7K while its sensor is well capable of 4K...
2020-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules