I Grow A Pair... With Help!!
1100 18 2020-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Akirasho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1622238 ft
United States

I have a physical  disability.  It has been difficult to trust DJI's tech even after all the videos posted here and on the TUBE.

The thought of losing the drone even within "walking"  distances have held me back!

Yesterday, I had an idea.  My neighbor was mowing his lawn.  I eased my drone out just a wee bit, knowing that if an issue arose, he'd HELP!

Today, I grew a pair... with the help of my health aide (not part of her usual duties, but she is with me for 3 hours.  I askedher if after some light cleaning and food prep if she would help my "spotting" my drone and possibly TRACKING IN DOWN!!!  She said "yes"!   Do the Snoopy happy dance!

The video tells the tale.

How long will my "growth" last?  Next time without a spotter?  What is the air speed velocity of a unladen swallow?

2020-5-24
Use props
Vlas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Glad you could enjoy it with a bit less stress.
2020-5-24
Use props
3Recon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4175541 ft
United States

Now wasn't that great, enjoyed and many more to come, thanks for sharing. If you check they haven't changed We wished it's all you
2020-5-24
Use props
Occams Razor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 423497 ft
United States

What a thrill!  Glad to see you are getting enjoyment from your Mini.
2020-5-24
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Man, we need a much bigger drone to transport you around to retrieve your Mini ;-) Good for you in getting creative.
2020-5-24
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Congrats on spreading your wings (props). Cool footage BTW
2020-5-24
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

What do you mean, an African or European Swallow?

Cool expert panning. I wish I was that patient.

Next time, just land on the driveway ;-)

2020-5-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice to see.
(you might want to lower the EV compensation a little)
2020-5-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2020-5-25
Use props
Akirasho
lvl.4
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 5-24 20:31
What do you mean, an African or European Swallow?

Cool expert panning. I wish I was that patient.

I did land on the tarmac.  That part of the video was short on flight but long on me!!  Snip snip.
2020-5-25
Use props
Akirasho
lvl.4
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 5-25 01:23
Nice to see.
(you might want to lower the EV compensation a little)

Agreed.  On this trip, the flight was the word.
2020-5-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Akirasho Posted at 5-25 03:06
Agreed.  On this trip, the flight was the word.

I usually keep it that way.
Looks more pleasing.
2020-5-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Great job, a good way to get to trust the drone is to use RTH, fly out 100m and just hit the button and watch it return, it will give you great confidence in how the drone works and in the tech itself, you will no longer worry about loosing signal.
If we ever get waypoints for mini that’s when you’ll need the spare drawers . But the tech will look after your drone . Here’s to the next 100m .
2020-5-25
Use props
Akirasho
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-25 04:00
Great job, a good way to get to trust the drone is to use RTH, fly out 100m and just hit the button and watch it return, it will give you great confidence in how the drone works and in the tech itself, you will no longer worry about loosing signal.
If we ever get waypoints for mini that’s when you’ll need the spare drawers . But the tech will look after your drone . Here’s to the next 100m .

I have yet to manually activate RTH, but I did test if on an early flight.  

After reaching altitude and going downrange a bit, I attempted RTH from the app (I did not try using the controller) and got an unexpected notice.

I can't remember the exact message but if was like "landing at current location".  I flew back manually.

Per recent updates, I had set the drone/controller to RTH with disconnect.  Did I miss something?

I cannot recall the flight to look at the log (but will look more later).
2020-5-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Akirasho Posted at 5-25 07:02
I have yet to manually activate RTH, but I did test if on an early flight.  

After reaching altitude and going downrange a bit, I attempted RTH from the app (I did not try using the controller) and got an unexpected notice.

The landing at current location was because you were within 20m of homepoint, so you need to be outside of 20m , you could always turn off RC and wait to see it returning, but maybe start with just pushing Rth , you can cancel at anytime, give it a try....
2020-5-25
Use props
Akirasho
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-25 07:07
The landing at current location was because you were within 20m of homepoint, so you need to be outside of 20m , you could always turn off RC and wait to see it returning, but maybe start with just pushing Rth , you can cancel at anytime, give it a try....

Thanks!  remember hearing about the "20m" but I could have sworn that at best I was in my neighbor's yard, and at worse, their tree!!

I will test.
2020-5-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Akirasho Posted at 5-25 07:24
Thanks!  remember hearing about the "20m" but I could have sworn that at best I was in my neighbor's yard, and at worse, their tree!!

I will test.

Good job.....
2020-5-25
Use props
Droneflier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1811322 ft
South Africa

Cool that's what cool toys are for to use and enjoy
2020-5-25
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Enjoy your Mini @Akirasho. Considering your environment I think you could pretty much safely fly for as long as your angle of view would allow... confident the RTH would kick in should you lose it behind something blocking the Wi-Fi.
2020-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules