Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

With the latest sw update, the release notes mention:

• Added ability to view HDMI live broadcast by connecting the goggles(v01.00.05.00 or above) to the
    DJI Smart Controller (v01.00.07.00 or above). By connecting the goggles to the DJI Smart Controller using USB-C cable, users can see the camera view of the air unit on the screen of the Smart Controller, and then can transmit the live view from the Smart Controller to other display devices through an HDMI cable.

What does this mean exactly?  I guess I'm not seeing any new functionality here, what is the benefit?

Maybe I should hook it up and see what happens, perhaps this will allow you to view the camera on an external display at the same time you have a map full screen on the scm?  Or maybe now I can use the goggles and have both the scm and the rc connected and controlling the drone.  Thoughts?
2020-5-24
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

It mean that you can connect an external monitor via the HDMI port
and have the goggles and smart controller view at the same time.
That sounds awesome.
2020-5-24
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Woe Posted at 5-24 20:37
It mean that you can connect an external monitor via the HDMI port
and have the goggles and smart controller view at the same time.
That sounds awesome.

but i could always do this since last year 2019.  it's been awhile since i have used the goggles but i use the scm with an external monitor connected to the scm thru the hdmi port and i fly like that always.  the few times i went to use the goggles, i turned on the googles and connected and watch the drone fly thru the goggles while i was holding the scm; my external monitor notwithstanding.  it's been that way for as long as can remember, surely the april 2020 software update does more that just provide a feature i'm already using; what am i missing?

never mind, i read it and read it over again and i think the operative words are "live view" and "camera view."  i think i know what it means now, i will give it a shot.  thanks.
2020-5-24
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 5-24 21:34
but i could always do this since last year 2019.  it's been awhile since i have used the goggles but i use the scm with an external monitor connected to the scm thru the hdmi port and i fly like that always.  the few times i went to use the goggles, i turned on the googles and connected and watch the drone fly thru the goggles while i was holding the scm; my external monitor notwithstanding.  it's been that way for as long as can remember, surely the april 2020 software update does more that just provide a feature i'm already using; what am i missing?

never mind, i read it and read it over again and i think the operative words are "live view" and "camera view."  i think i know what it means now, i will give it a shot.  thanks.

Let me know, what the difference is .
2020-5-25
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I can't figure this out.  I've tried everything and I'm not getting it.  need help please.

as usual, the hdmi settings in the smart controller are broken....still.

here's the question, let's start with this:  what does "By connecting the goggles to the DJI Smart Controller using USB-C cable" mean? since there is no usb-c port on the googles, am I connecting a usb-c cable at the bottom of the scm?  if so, what's on the other end to connect to the goggles...into which port on the goggles?
2020-6-20
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

btw, I can see the new functionality in the goggles when you connect the scm to the goggles using the hdmi cable.  using the goggles, you can see exactly what's on the scm screen....all the controls plus the camera view.  ok, fine; where do we go from here?
2020-6-20
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I found a video that sorta explains it.  the way I understand it is you can view your drone three ways at the same time:  thru the googles, on the scm, and on the device connected to the scm hdmi port.

current goggle owners already knew (from last year) we could connect our goggles directly to the mavic 2 (no cables) and while holding the scm you can connect anything to the scm hdmi (out) port.

unless I'm missing something, nothing new here for ordinary users.  perhaps this is new for fpv flyers?
2020-6-20
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

sorry for all the post, I get it now.
2020-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now