Gimbal Base Plate (Stripped Screws) - REBUILD
2073 6 2015-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Winston
lvl.1

Canada

Hey guys/gals,

I have a phantom 2 vision plus with a broken flex ribbon. I'm having an issue replacing this as there are two stripped screws on the gimbal base place. Does anyone have any ideas as to extracting this relatively quickly, or does anyone know of a source to acquire a replace base plate.

Thanks!
2015-6-16
Use props
roy
lvl.4

United States

You say stripped screws. Is it the head that is stripped or the screw threads?
2015-6-19
Use props
Winston
lvl.1

Canada

It would be the head of the screws. I purchased a precision screw extraction kit, so I'm hoping this will work.
2015-6-23
Use props
quanthonytrang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Winston Posted at 2015-6-24 01:28
It would be the head of the screws. I purchased a precision screw extraction kit, so I'm hoping this ...

If your screw driver is slipping, try using a rubber band in between the head and the screwdriver. This creates a better grip and torque.
2015-6-23
Use props
Winston
lvl.1

Canada

quanthonytrang Posted at 2015-6-24 06:41
If your screw driver is slipping, try using a rubber band in between the head and the screwdriver. ...

I'll give that a try, thanks!
2015-6-29
Use props
Winston
lvl.1

Canada

This isn't looking good. The extraction tools are just boring the screw heads off, and by the looks of it the crash also caused the yaw arm to bend the top base plate. I can't get it apart to see if there was any damage to the circuit board. Any chance anyone knows of a source to purchase the base + circuitry alone?

Thanks,
EDIT: Ended up drilling the heads off the screws which has allowed me to remove the top plates. There is some of the thread sticking out, so I'm going to attempt to hook on to them and twist them out, hopefully with success. I've also started to adhere the replacement flex ribbon to the replacement yaw arm. I'll keep this thread updated as I progress to hopefully a successful gimbal rebuild.

Drone Gimbal Rebuilt - 1.jpg
2015-6-30
Use props
Winston
lvl.1

Canada

Looks like this really is turning into a complete rebuild. I managed to get the remaining screws out of the gimbal base using needle nose pliers. After doing so, I've also noticed that the motor that moves the yaw arm has a bent shaft. Is their a particular name for this motor? I'm having a hard time sourcing one.
IMG_20150702_114647.jpg
IMG_20150702_124051.jpg
2015-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules