3440 26 2020-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just been out for a hike,  got to the destination to fly and Mavic 2 Pro want the vision system calibrated.  Came a little out of the blue so I decided not to risk it and not to fly until thats done which sadly needs a computer to complete.
Does anyone know what triggers the requirement for a calibration?
2020-5-25
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Funny same thing happen to me yesterday on my Zoom. Caught me off
guard considering it's was sitting in my bag untouched for days.
I will admit I did fly and didn't have any issues.
2020-5-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Woe Posted at 5-25 05:43
Funny same thing happen to me yesterday on my Zoom. Caught me off
guard considering it's was sitting in my bag untouched for days.
I will admit I did fly and didn't have any issues.

I had a very short flight,  I was over a reserve so if it crashed I couldn't retrieve it.  Seems strange that it happened after the Go4 app was updated and broke the flight time indicator.  Not looking forward to the calibration process, just hope they have fixed the software for Mac.
2020-5-25
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-25 05:46
I had a very short flight,  I was over a reserve so if it crashed I couldn't retrieve it.  Seems strange that it happened after the Go4 app was updated and broke the flight time indicator.  Not looking forward to the calibration process, just hope they have fixed the software for Mac.

I'm in the same boat, I have a Mac as well. Guess I'll be
flying my OG MP1.
2020-5-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Woe Posted at 5-25 06:24
I'm in the same boat, I have a Mac as well. Guess I'll be
flying my OG MP1.

Luckily I just installed the latest version of the assistant (I skipped the reboot it asked for) and did the calibration and it said 100% successful so fingers crossed thats put that to bed,  it would be nice to know what there trigger for it is.
2020-5-25
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-25 06:27
Luckily I just installed the latest version of the assistant (I skipped the reboot it asked for) and did the calibration and it said 100% successful so fingers crossed thats put that to bed,  it would be nice to know what there trigger for it is.

Good news for you. I would like ti know the trigger as well.
2020-5-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Woe Posted at 5-25 06:33
Good news for you. I would like ti know the trigger as well.

Just did a test flight after there calibration and I know get obstacle warnings up to 28 ft away,  which seems more than before.
2020-5-25
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-25 07:35
Just did a test flight after there calibration and I know get obstacle warnings up to 28 ft away,  which seems more than before.

Is that better or worse?
2020-5-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Woe Posted at 5-25 07:46
Is that better or worse?

Its certainly seems more sensitive.   Ive only done some low flying so will see when I can get some altitude.
2020-5-25
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-25 08:03
Its certainly seems more sensitive.   Ive only done some low flying so will see when I can get some altitude.

Ah, got it. Let me know the verdict. I going to have to figure
out a way to get mine done.
2020-5-25
Use props
earl.robicheaux
lvl.1

United States

I was out flying the drone this morning and saw that I needed to calibrate the IMU. I am using the smart controller and went to calibrate it but it got hung up on step 2 and never finished. Just noticed a new download for it and will see what happens
2020-5-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Woe Posted at 5-25 08:14

The process is a little tedious you basically point the cameras at there screen and move around a box as instructed.
2020-5-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Woe Posted at 5-25 08:14

Heres an example -
2020-5-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

earl.robicheaux@gmail.com Posted at 5-25 13:42
I was out flying the drone this morning and saw that I needed to calibrate the IMU. I am using the smart controller and went to calibrate it but it got hung up on step 2 and never finished. Just noticed a new download for it and will see what happens

If your on IOS Apple re issued a number of updates to address an app signing issue.
2020-5-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I was out flying the drone this morning and saw that I needed to calibrate the IMU. I am using the smart controller and went to calibrate it but it got hung up on step 2 and never finished. Just noticed a new download for it and will see what happens

I know it can be a bit finicky if the surface you do it on isn't really really level.
2020-5-26
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-26 00:13
Heres an example - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdGtZBrIe9A

Thanks
2020-5-26
Use props
earl.robicheaux
lvl.1

United States

Got the Mavic Pro 2 IMU calibrated just fine. Turns out I was not paying attention to how the drone needed to be moved to complete the calibration. Also got my Smart Controller upgraded which was a good thing as well
2020-5-26
Use props
dronie1965
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Apparently after approx 125-140 take offs/landings it will ask to callibrate the vision sensors according to a dji moderator some months ago. And my mp2 pro and zoom indeed is asking me around these numbers of flight to callibrate these sensors.
it also happened on a trip when i didnot have a laptop available , i flew almost 2 weeks without callibrating. I had no problems
I must say Also most of the time turn off the front/back sensors
2020-5-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You're very welcome.
2020-5-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dronie1965 Posted at 5-26 10:41
Apparently after approx 125-140 take offs/landings it will ask to callibrate the vision sensors according to a dji moderator some months ago. And my mp2 pro and zoom indeed is asking me around these numbers of flight to callibrate these sensors.
it also happened on a trip when i didnot have a laptop available , i flew almost 2 weeks without callibrating. I had no problems
I must say Also most of the time turn off the front/back sensors

I had around 110 flights on the M2P when it prompted for calibration, so fairly close to that.  After calibration they seem to pickup obstacles further away than before.
2020-5-27
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-27 00:43
You're very welcome.

2020-5-27
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-27 00:43
You're very welcome.

2020-5-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there DAFlys. I am sorry to know that you were not able to fly your DJI Mavic 2 Pro due to vision system calibration. I would recommend calibrating the sensor if the application will prompt you to calibrate it because your sensor might not work properly as our application detected that issue and for safe flight. Thank you for the support and please be safe always.
2020-5-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-29 19:13
Hi there DAFlys. I am sorry to know that you were not able to fly your DJI Mavic 2 Pro due to vision system calibration. I would recommend calibrating the sensor if the application will prompt you to calibrate it because your sensor might not work properly as our application detected that issue and for safe flight. Thank you for the support and please be safe always.

Thanks DJI Stephen,  I did the calibration and the message went away.  I was curious what the trigger was for this as Im also getting a lot of Switching to backup IMU during flights at the moment, something that Ive never had before.
2020-5-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

DAFlys Posted at 5-31 05:18
Thanks DJI Stephen,  I did the calibration and the message went away.  I was curious what the trigger was for this as Im also getting a lot of Switching to backup IMU during flights at the moment, something that Ive never had before.

Hi there DAFlys. Thank you for the reply and for these additional information. If i case that the said error message pops up once again or any error message in the future. It would be best for you to get in touch with our support team for us to be able to check the said drone thoroughly to avoid any untoward incident when flying your DJI drone. Thank you.
2020-6-1
Use props
taylorman
lvl.1

United States

I am having a problem where my calibration on my computer for vision system won’t load. Anyone else having the same problem. This is for mavic 2 pro.
image.jpg
2022-8-5
Use props
DaGickXx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 549656 ft

France

taylorman Posted at 8-5 18:26
I am having a problem where my calibration on my computer for vision system won’t load. Anyone else having the same problem. This is for mavic 2 pro.

same for me and I got clients waiting for me...
2022-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules