Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How to Get DJI Mavic Air 2 Drone With ADS B AirSense In UK
2477 26 2020-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you really want AirSense then this video is for you -

2020-5-25
Use props
Vlas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dylan makes some great videos.
2020-5-25
Use props
merkoengmail.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 100922 ft
  • >>>
Norway

So basically buy the drone in the US if u want the feature
2020-5-25
Use props
Zubayer.Khan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 770272 ft
Bangladesh

yea, your opinion is correct.
2020-5-25
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

merkoengmail.com Posted at 5-25 21:28
So basically buy the drone in the US if u want the feature

And then DJI can refuse to warranty the product, not a good idea. DJI do not offer an international warranty on their products, so if you bought it in the US and it fails, it has to go back to the US for warranty repairs.
2020-5-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 5-25 23:28
And then DJI can refuse to warranty the product, not a good idea. DJI do not offer an international warranty on their products, so if you bought it in the US and it fails, it has to go back to the US for warranty repairs.

Thats why he recommend purchasing care refresh at the time of activation as that is valid for the country in which its purchased.  
2020-5-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice find!
2020-5-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

just popped up in the feed.
2020-5-27
Use props
fans98c25d7f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8593 ft

Latvia

Looking at both the US and EU MA2 DJI page, i dont see any mention of AirSense.
Is this still available even on the US models?
2020-5-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans98c25d7f Posted at 5-27 01:35
Looking at both the US and EU MA2 DJI page, i dont see any mention of AirSense.
Is this still available even on the US models?

Yes only the USA model gets Airsense.
2020-5-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 5-27 00:41
just popped up in the feed.

I call youtube a 'feeder'
Oh wait, that was something else
2020-5-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 5-27 01:37
I call youtube a 'feeder'
Oh wait, that was something else

Not sure what that is?
2020-5-27
Use props
fans98c25d7f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8593 ft

Latvia

DAFlys Posted at 5-27 01:36
Yes only the USA model gets Airsense.

I've heard this as well, but just cant find any info on the AirSense functionality on the US DJI site. The video above also mentions some clause in the details, i could not find such text.
So started to wonder if this functionality has been removed from the US version also.

2020-5-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans98c25d7f Posted at 5-27 01:43
I've heard this as well, but just cant find any info on the AirSense functionality on the US DJI site. The video above also mentions some clause in the details, i could not find such text.
So started to wonder if this functionality has been removed from the US version also.

The US site constantly redirects to my local country so its hard to tell.
2020-5-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 5-27 01:38
Not sure what that is?

Don't look it up.
NSFW
2020-5-27
Use props
djiuser_ktilMClA33az
lvl.2

Venezuela

airsense only works in the united states and canada a if you buy the one with ads-b does not work outside these countries
2020-5-28
Use props
djiuser_ktilMClA33az
lvl.2

Venezuela

Geebax Posted at 5-25 23:28
And then DJI can refuse to warranty the product, not a good idea. DJI do not offer an international warranty on their products, so if you bought it in the US and it fails, it has to go back to the US for warranty repairs.

airsense only works in the united states and canada a if you buy the one with ads-b does not work outside these countries
2020-5-28
Use props
djiuser_ktilMClA33az
lvl.2

Venezuela

and I confirm it I bought the ads-b version in the United States and I am outside the United States and it does not work it just does not activate if they do not take risks
2020-5-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_ktilMClA33az Posted at 5-28 17:32
and I confirm it I bought the ads-b version in the United States and I am outside the United States and it does not work it just does not activate if they do not take risks

DJI said on the forum that it would work outside the USA.
2020-5-28
Use props
B737ng
lvl.3
Flight distance : 297106 ft
Ireland

And unfortunately a very few people don't know that AirSense in UK or rest of EU will only probably work less then 20% of the time!

Here's why: Majority of little General Aviation plane flying around aren't ADS-B equipped.  It is not a mandatory requirement under EASA regulations and as ADS-B upgrade costs thousands, not many GA aircraft will do it. But it is in US, hence DJI selling it only within the America.

So AirSense will not see majority of those little planes. While those little planes are equipped with Mode C or Mode S transponders, which is sufficient for ATC radar identifications, but as they dont transmit any GPS data, this means your drone wont pick it up.

So the way I see it, for at least next 2 years, AirSense in the UK or EU is pointless and DJI know that. When ADS-B becomes mandatory, Im sure we will all enjoy new Mavic Air 3  with AirSense
2020-5-29
Use props
djiuser_ktilMClA33az
lvl.2

Venezuela

DAFlys Posted at 5-28 23:59
DJI said on the forum that it would work outside the USA.

It does not work outside the United States and Canada I have the ADS-B version and several friends and none works for us being outside these countries
2020-5-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

B737ng Posted at 5-29 10:11
And unfortunately a very few people don't know that AirSense in UK or rest of EU will only probably work less then 20% of the time!

Here's why: Majority of little General Aviation plane flying around aren't ADS-B equipped.  It is not a mandatory requirement under EASA regulations and as ADS-B upgrade costs thousands, not many GA aircraft will do it. But it is in US, hence DJI selling it only within the America.

I run dump1090 and I frequently see the plans are broadcasting ADS-B especially the helicopters that concern me as they are the only thing that tends to fly too low round here.
2020-5-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_ktilMClA33az Posted at 5-30 06:06
It does not work outside the United States and Canada I have the ADS-B version and several friends and none works for us being outside these countries

You did turn it on?
2020-5-31
Use props
djiuser_ktilMClA33az
lvl.2

Venezuela

DAFlys Posted at 5-31 07:28
You did turn it on?

It does not have the option to turn on and we are several that have the ads-b version purchased in the USA
2020-6-3
Use props
B737ng
lvl.3
Flight distance : 297106 ft
Ireland

djiuser_ktilMClA33az Posted at 6-3 02:06
It does not have the option to turn on and we are several that have the ads-b version purchased in the USA

You'll find as I said above, you need an aircraft with ADS-B broadcast capabilities to transmit the same data, otherwise you will not see anything.

I also fly planes, and for example the one I fly has Mode S transponder, and such plane wont be visible on ADS-B.

In relation to Dump 1090, you could well be seeing MLAT broadcast, which likes of flightradar or adsd exchange can pick up. This is based on triangulation and not GPS signal.
AirSense is exclusively  based on ADS-B GPS signal input.  

Newer helicopters and planes likes of Cirrus SR20/22, and anything turbine will have ADS-B. Older cessna/pipers wont have it as it a very costly upgrade . But as is a mandatory requirement in the States, they all have it

2020-6-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_ktilMClA33az Posted at 6-3 02:06
It does not have the option to turn on and we are several that have the ads-b version purchased in the USA

The option to enable it appears when it thinks your are in the USA and then it will stay on where ever you go.
2020-6-4
Use props
Stroodle
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2524544 ft
Canada

Total hijack of this topic - I will move this elsewhere!!!
2020-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules