Poll: Are you stocking up on propellers?
2870 34 2020-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

With the lawsuit potentially blocking the sale due to the quick release propellers are you planning on stocking up whilkst they are still easy to get,  Ive seen some sellers on Amazon already  selling out.  
Single SelectVote, Total 54 people participate in voting
31.48% (17)
64.81% (35)
3.70% (2)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2020-5-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I ordered a couple of packs just in case.  They're cheap and it really doesn't hurt and they won't go off.
2020-5-25
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I order a couple as well.
2020-5-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Woe Posted at 5-25 07:51
I order a couple as well.

I don't blame you.
2020-5-25
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

But not for this reason lol
2020-5-25
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

With the lawsuit potentially blocking the sale due to the quick release propellers
Why do you carry on with this nonsense.
Autel lost and it's been posted all over some of your other nonsense posts on this stupid topic.
2020-5-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Its this another start for a toilet paper hoarding panic?
2020-5-25
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Never hurts to have extras.
2020-5-25
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Vlas Posted at 5-25 18:05

Instead of continuing in ignorance, read this to find out the facts:
https://www.finnegan.com/en/insi ... autel-disputes.html
2020-5-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Vlas Posted at 5-25 18:05

Exactly.
2020-5-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 5-25 19:30
https://www.finnegan.com/en/insights/ip-updates/latest-development-in-the-dji-autel-disputes.html

They haven't won yet but I agree its looking promising - https://dronelife.com/2020/05/25/autels-lawsuit-against-dji/
2020-5-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 5-25 17:50
With the lawsuit potentially blocking the sale due to the quick release propellers
Why do you carry on with this nonsense.
Autel lost and it's been posted all over some of your other nonsense posts on this stupid topic.

They've not lost yet.
2020-5-26
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Per your link.
"Ultimately the Commission may decide that Autel deserves no remedy at all, but at a minimum, the Commission is unlikely to enforce any exclusion order or cease-and-desist order based on the three invalid patents.  DJI’s sales in the U.S., therefore, will not be affected by Autel’s claims."
As I said, it never hurts to have spares.

2020-5-26
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-26 00:25
They haven't won yet but I agree its looking promising - https://dronelife.com/2020/05/25/autels-lawsuit-against-dji/

No real surprise. It's always interesting to see how these disputes settle.
2020-5-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nope, I have a lot still
2020-5-26
Use props
MainByte
lvl.3
United States

I was going to hoard a lot of props in my panic, but I don't have any room left to store them since I have toilet paper stacked up everywhere :>).
2020-5-26
Use props
phillbarnes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 40367 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Labroides Posted at 5-25 19:30
https://www.finnegan.com/en/insights/ip-updates/latest-development-in-the-dji-autel-disputes.html

It’s so nice to have a pleasant reply.  Mummy will be so  pleased with you.
2020-5-26
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

In that case, Mavic Air 2 could be the only drone by DJI that can have its propellers mounted on the wrong motors.
2020-5-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

phillbarnes Posted at 5-26 04:59
It’s so nice to have a pleasant reply.  Mummy will be so  pleased with you.

It's so tedious to have the forum swamped with misinformation, completely ignorant of the facts.
Perhaps you have a higher tolerance for nonsense.
2020-5-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Maxi3D Posted at 5-26 10:33
In that case, Mavic Air 2 could be the only drone by DJI that can have its propellers mounted on the wrong motors.

thats my believe too.
2020-5-27
Use props
Elfman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 151716 ft
United Kingdom

I might do after seeing this.
2020-5-29
Use props
Elfman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 151716 ft
United Kingdom

just wondering where are people buying there props from can any1 reccomend a trusted seller they have used many thanks (links would be great)
2020-5-29
Use props
Paul_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4472 ft
United States

Whether they win or lose a couple of spares are nice to have on hand.
2020-5-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there DAFlys. Thank you for reaching out and for creating this poll. I hope that our DJI co pilots can give out there insights with regards to this matter. Thank you for your support and please stay safe always.
2020-5-29
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I get mine from master airscrew
2020-5-29
Use props
JJMik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24572349 ft
  • >>>
United States

Airscrew has been great... lower sound, looks cool, and well made.. Once I had a prop error and they sent me out  new set right away... no other problems.. Use them on all my drones.
2020-5-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JJMik Posted at 5-30 06:44
Airscrew has been great... lower sound, looks cool, and well made.. Once I had a prop error and they sent me out  new set right away... no other problems.. Use them on all my drones.

Actually thats a really good point, I had forgotten that Airscrew props for the M2 were out.
2020-5-31
Use props
Evangeline
lvl.3

United States

This post was a good general reminder for me, so thanks. Good to have spares, and they are not likely to get any cheaper. Just ordered 2 comlpete sets for the backup parts box. When I need them, I usually need a whole set

If you are using air screws, how do you like them? I will read more about about them but if you have the time, kindly let me know of your experience.

Wow love Amazon -- I will get delivery tomorrow!
2023-1-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Evangeline Posted at 1-5 13:09
This post was a good general reminder for me, so thanks. Good to have spares, and they are not likely to get any cheaper. Just ordered 2 comlpete sets for the backup parts box. When I need them, I usually need a whole set

If you are using air screws, how do you like them? I will read more about about them but if you have the time, kindly let me know of your experience.

under the EU rules were not supposed to use non oem certified parts for safety.  
2023-1-5
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2023-1-5 13:15
under the EU rules were not supposed to use non oem certified parts for safety.

Coming from the same EU that just forced Apple to allow third party app stores. Forced Apple to ditch their OEM lighting cable for USB C. All while Apple used the excuse of safety for both. Am I the only one who sees the irony here?
3-13 04:38
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Johnnokomis Posted at 3-13 04:38
Coming from the same EU that just forced Apple to allow third party app stores. Forced Apple to ditch their OEM lighting cable for USB C. All while Apple used the excuse of safety for both. Am I the only one who sees the irony here?

Last I checked iPhone don’t randomly fall out of the sky if third party accessories are used.
3-13 04:45
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-13 04:45
Last I checked iPhone don’t randomly fall out of the sky if third party accessories are used.

I've seen more 100% OEM drones fall from the sky than I have anything else. This law you talk about sounds like a great idea if you are the manufacture. Buy a DJI product and make it illegal to buy parts from anyone else. Imagine the same concept being applied to cars, boats or airplanes. OEM is a lot of times the lowest tier in terms of quality so what genius thought this is therefore the safest and must be required? That's why many times these third party parts are referred to as an upgrade.
3-13 12:51
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Johnnokomis Posted at 3-13 12:51
I've seen more 100% OEM drones fall from the sky than I have anything else. This law you talk about sounds like a great idea if you are the manufacture. Buy a DJI product and make it illegal to buy parts from anyone else. Imagine the same concept being applied to cars, boats or airplanes. OEM is a lot of times the lowest tier in terms of quality so what genius thought this is therefore the safest and must be required? That's why many times these third party parts are referred to as an upgrade.

I've seen more 100% OEM drones fall from the sky than I have anything else.
How many drones are non-OEM?
maybe you mean drones with OEM props?
OK ... how many of those incidents were in any way due to a deficiency in the props?
That's why many times these third party parts are referred to as an upgrade.
Yeah ... like all those cheap non-OEM props on Ebay etc?

3-13 17:51
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 3-13 17:51
I've seen more 100% OEM drones fall from the sky than I have anything else.
How many drones are non-OEM?
maybe you mean drones with OEM props?

20221026_100027~2.jpg
I was the one flying this M600 when one of the OEM props decided to come off mid flight. It's a helpless feeling watching a drone that large come to the ground in a death spin.

20231120_154716.jpg 20231121_083648~2.jpg
Or how about these OEM Mavic 3 props? Same DJI part number but some appear to be manufactured on a Friday afternoon around quitting time.

20230727_152853~2.jpg
O.E.M300 with factory installed props. Lab, I don't just make stuff up for the sake of a comment. Are third party props perfect? Absolutely not. Let's just not pretend that like OEM props are held to a higher standard and require yet another law on the books that make them a requirement. The EU already has some of the most ridiculous drone laws. So much so that it has killed the entire commercial drone industry over there. If they feel like drones are dangerous enough to go this far, maybe these lawmakers need to look in the mirror to find the reason for it.
3-13 18:43
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Johnnokomis Posted at 3-13 12:51

Under the EASA rules the manufacturer is allowed to provide instructions for 3rd party parts etc,  but of course DJI dont do that yet.    They tend to treat safety with drones in a similar way to real aircraft here.  
3-13 23:23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules