1061 2 2020-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rincewind
lvl.4
  • >>>
Taiwan

Hi there,
I've been trying, and failing misserably, to use a Datacolor SpyderCheckr 24 for color correcting my mavic 2 pro D-log M footage in Davinci Resolve 16.1. I was wondering if someone has tried something similar, and maybe has some input as to what I'm doing wrong.
Basically, I'm setting my video to 4K HQ, D-log-M profile, and shooting the color checker for a couple of seconds before I start flying. Down here in the image, you can see first the results when imported direct into resolve (top left), then when I try to check it using the DJI D-log as my source gamma, DJI D-log as my target gamma, and DJI D-Gamut as my target gamut. Color Temperature is set to 6500K, because it was a cloudy day, and I set it to that.
As you can see, the results are absolutely terrible. Different, but also terrible results, happen when I set the target gamma and gamut to Rec709 (bottom left), and I only get somewhat passable results if I set both source and target to Rec709 (bottom right). However, I am certain that I took these videos with D-log M, so the source should not be Rec709. So, what am I doing wrong? Any recommendations of what setting I should adjust? Could it be that DJI D-log is not the same as DJI D-log M? If so, do you know if there is a way to use D-log M? The thing is, I've got a bunch of LUTs for D-log M and other profiles for ground cameras for color matching, and I'd prefer not to have to go into Rec709 and be unable to use the LUTs. Thanks a bunch in advance for your input, guys!

Color Checking D-log M with terrible results

Color Checking D-log M with terrible results
2020-5-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Rincewind. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI co pilots who used the Datacolor SpyderCheckr 24 and with regards to this matter. Thank you and please stay safe always.
2020-6-4
Use props
Rincewind
lvl.4
  • >>>
Taiwan

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-4 20:38
Hello there Rincewind. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI co pilots who used the Datacolor SpyderCheckr 24 and with regards to this matter. Thank you and please stay safe always.

Thanks Stephen! Would it be possible for you to check if the gammut and gamma for D-log and D-log M are the same, or different?

Thanks a bunch
2020-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules