Air 2 defat to N mode at start
3840 11 2020-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_EtgZ36hQQ0jn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 325125 ft
United Kingdom

Ive just evceived and flown the Mavic Are 2 and regardless of what the slide switch on the controller says, at start up the drone reverts to N mode.

Anyone else experienced this?

I am just starting out and am mainly flying in tripod mode, but tbh will use this a lot even when more experienced as looking to incorporate it into wedding photography.

I just have to remember once I start to rock to N and back to Tripod mode.

Im part way through the new A2 CofC qualification in the UK.

2020-5-25
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 380978 ft
United Kingdom

I thought the CofC was a one day affair with multiple choice exam?  What's the content like?
2020-5-25
Use props
djiuser_EtgZ36hQQ0jn
lvl.2
United Kingdom

BaynhamPhoto Posted at 5-25 10:49
I thought the CofC was a one day affair with multiple choice exam?  What's the content like?

You can take it online at your own pace, watch the videos, read the stuff, then put in for multiple choice when you like.
Content is reasonable, touch all the areas but not in great depth, exam is on line multiple choice watched via zoom like  1-2-1 by examiner.
75% pass rate, 30 questions
Then to submit practical evidence (screen shots from app) for minimum 8 hours flying with self declaration.
Did mine with Heliguy who were excellent .
Will submit my practical this week.
Only receive qualification once its legal (nov 2020) atm.
2020-5-25
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 380978 ft
United Kingdom

Heliguy are quite local to me I had considered doing it via black box but with the EASA date keep pushing back figured I'd hang on a bit. Good luck getting the cert
2020-5-25
Use props
Somers
lvl.2
United Kingdom

BaynhamPhoto Posted at 5-25 11:04
Heliguy are quite local to me I had considered doing it via black box but with the EASA date keep pushing back figured I'd hang on a bit. Good luck getting the cert

Yes, Blackbox was very good.
I just wanted to get it done and tbh when I signed up the date was 1st July but I just figured once its done is done for a couple of years anyway.
Cheers
2020-5-25
Use props
Joe Foreman
lvl.3
Australia

Can confirm this has caught me out too. Now as habit I start the controller up in Normal position to avoid confusion. (for example otherwise starting it up in tripod position will still default to normal speeds)
2020-5-25
Use props
Somers
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I’m glad I’m not going crazy
I will do that from now on good advice
Hopefully firmware update should resolve

Stay safe
2020-5-26
Use props
embe71
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3353 ft
Germany

Somers Posted at 5-26 05:11
I will do that from now on good advice

I think it's a safety feature and by design as DJI also describes it in the manual as intended: If someone leaves the switch in Sport-mode, forgets about it and takes off the next time it could result in a crash/collision.
2020-5-26
Use props
embe71
lvl.2
Germany

Somers Posted at 5-26 05:11
I will do that from now on good advice

I think it's a safety feature and by design as DJI also describes it in the manual as intended: If someone leaves the switch in Sport-mode, forgets about it and takes off the next time it could result in a crash/collision.
2020-5-26
Use props
embe71
lvl.2
Germany

2020-5-26
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795653 ft
United Kingdom

embe71 Posted at 5-26 21:21

Where in the manual?

Flight Modes
Mavic Air 2 has three flight modes, plus a fourth flight mode that the aircraft switches to in certain scenarios. Flight modes can be switched via the Flight Mode switch on the remote controller.

Normal Mode: The aircraft utilizes GPS and the Forward, Backward, and Downward Vision Systems and Infrared Sensing System to locate itself and stabilize. When the GPS signal is strong, the aircraft uses GPS to locate itself and stabilize. When the GPS is weak and the lighting conditions are sufficient, the aircraft uses vision systems to locate itself and stabilize. When the Forward, Backward, and Downward Vision Systems are enabled and lighting conditions are sufficient, the maximum flight altitude angle is 20° and the maximum flight speed is 12 m/s.

Sport Mode: In Sport Mode, the aircraft uses GPS for positioning and the aircraft responses are optimized for agility and speed making it more responsive to control stick movements. The maximum flight speed is 19 m/s. Obstacle sensing is disabled in Sport mode.

Tripod Mode: Tripod mode is based on Normal mode and the flight speed is limited, making the aircraft more stable during shooting.

The aircraft automatically changes to Attitude (ATTI) mode when the Vision Systems are unavailable or disabled and when the GPS signal is weak or the compass experiences interference. In ATTI mode,

the aircraft may be more easily affected by its surroundings. Environmental factors such as wind can result in horizontal shifting, which may present hazards, especially when flying in confined spaces.
The Forward and Backward Vision Systems are disabled in Sport mode, which means the aircraft cannot sense obstacles on its route automatically.
The maximum speed and braking distance of the aircraft significantly increase in Sport mode. A minimum braking distance of 30 m is required in windless conditions.
Descent speed significantly increases in Sport mode. A minimum braking distance of 10 m is required in windless conditions.
The aircraft’s responsiveness significantly increases in Sport mode, which means a small control stick movement on the remote controller translates into the aircraft moving a large distance. Make sure to maintain adequate maneuvering space during flight.

2020-5-26
Use props
embe71
lvl.2
Germany

It's in the manual of the smart controller (not in the manual of the Mavic Air 2) which behaves the same (German Version here):
Flugmodusschalter
Mit diesem Schalter können Sie den Flugmodus auswählen. Wählen Sie zwischen den Modi „T“, „P“ und „S“.

Unabhängig davon, auf welcher Position sich der Schalter auf der Fernsteuerung befindet, beginnt das Fluggerät standardmäßig im Modus „P“. Um den Flugmodus zu ändern, öffnen Sie die Kamera- Ansicht in DJI GO 4, tippen Sie auf und aktivieren den „Multi-Flugmodus“. Nachdem Sie den „Multi-Flugmodus“ aktiviert haben, stellen Sie den Schalter auf P und anschließend auf S oder T, um zwischen den Modi zu wechseln.
So it's by design as with the smart controller.

2020-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules