Gimbal auto adjusting up when facing ground. Broken?
458 6 2020-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
trader6777
lvl.4
United States

When the gimbal is in the lowest 25% of it's range, facing the ground, it auto pans up 25% as soon as the drone moves.  Is this firmware glitch or is it broken?

2020-5-25
Use props
deathsquad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It does it when you stop to prevent the gimbal from being damaged at such an extreme angle.
2020-5-25
Use props
trader6777
lvl.4
United States

deathsquad Posted at 5-25 14:12
It does it when you stop to prevent the gimbal from being damaged at such an extreme angle.

I want to be 100% sure it's the firmware and not a broken Gimbal.  Has anyone reading this had the gimbal move up on it's own, when the camera's facing the ground?
2020-5-25
Use props
deathsquad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It does it when you are in P or Sports mode and stop going forward. The gimbal cannot maintain the directly down position when you stop so it adjusts slightly upwards when you stop.
2020-5-25
Use props
Vlas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

deathsquad Posted at 5-25 16:01
It does it when you are in P or Sports mode and stop going forward. The gimbal cannot maintain the directly down position when you stop so it adjusts slightly upwards when you stop.

I agree. I believe it is physically impossible to keep the angle with the mini as the quad has extreme angular changes.
2020-5-25
Use props
Balooo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 124019 ft
France

Ah, ok, I noticed that too and was wondering why (..if my MM was having an issue or what)
Thanx for the explanation
2020-5-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there trader6777. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information. The DJI Mavic Mini's gimbal has a tilt range of -90 to +20 degree by enabling " Allow Upward Gimbal Rotation " in the DJI Fly application. The default control range os -90 to 0 degrees. In addition there are two gimbal operation modes ( Follow mode and FPV Mode available. Switch between the different operation modes in the DJI Fly application. Thank you and have a safe flight always.

2020-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules