Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Firmware upgrade bricked DJI P3 Advanced Controller
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
adityaag
lvl.1

United States

I just took my DJI Phantom 3 Advanced out after a few years and charged everything up. I powered up the drone, controller, and hooked up to my iPhone and everything connect fine. The app prompted me to begin upgrading the firmware on my various devices so I started with the RC first.

The upgrade process went exactly as the tutorial recommended until I went to power cycle the controller as prompted in the app. After turning off the controller, it no longer turns back on nor does it respond to the power cable being plugged in. There's a high pitched whine coming out of the controller as well.

I'm super unsure what to do at this point and help would be very much appreciated. It's pretty clear at this point the upgrade process has broken my controller and would like to get this resolved ASAP.

Thanks!

2020-5-25
Use props
Hawk2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3661 ft
Canada

I would recommend leave it plugged in and powered even if it doesnt show as being powered. Perhaps the battery leve is too low to display proper values. Then after an hour try powering it up
2020-5-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi adityaag, sorry for the troubles after the firmware upgrade, as Hawk2 mentioned, please leave the RC charging for a few hours to see if there is any reaction, if not, the RC will need to be sent back for the diagnosis, please contact DJI support team www.dji.com/support to start a ticket.
2020-5-25
Use props
adityaag
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-25 19:54
Hi adityaag, sorry for the troubles after the firmware upgrade, as Hawk2 mentioned, please leave the RC charging for a few hours to see if there is any reaction, if not, the RC will need to be sent back for the diagnosis, please contact DJI support team www.dji.com/support to start a ticket.

Tried this overnight. There was no reaction. I’ve started the diagnosis process. DJI Mindy.. I’ve seen others get the repair for this covered “under a warranty” by DJI since it was a firmware upgrade issue. I’m really hoping you can help me with that process!
2020-5-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

adityaag Posted at 5-26 04:05
Tried this overnight. There was no reaction. I’ve started the diagnosis process. DJI Mindy.. I’ve seen others get the repair for this covered “under a warranty” by DJI since it was a firmware upgrade issue. I’m really hoping you can help me with that process!

Please send back first, once you get the quotation email, please keep me updated with the case number, I will transfer your experience to the repair team for further review.
2020-5-26
Use props
adityaag
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-26 22:27
Please send back first, once you get the quotation email, please keep me updated with the case number, I will transfer your experience to the repair team for further review.

Thank you! I’ll be shipping it out today.
2020-5-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

adityaag Posted at 5-27 03:32
Thank you! I’ll be shipping it out today.

No problem, please feel free to contact me if you need any further assistance.
2020-5-29
Use props
adityaag
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-29 00:52
No problem, please feel free to contact me if you need any further assistance.

Hey DJI Mindy. I’ve finally gotten my controller back and trying to fly. I can’t seem to get to the Camera View on the DJI GO app on my iPhone XS. Any ideas? The secret firmware page shows the controller running 1.9.3. How can I get help with this?
2020-11-22
Use props
cheddar-man
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44062 ft

United Kingdom

Lesson to all drone owners.
DO NOT LEAVE YOUR BATTERIES UNATTENDED FOR YEARS, EVEN MONTHS!
it’s not right to store a lipo battery with full charge or fully discharged, it can actually damage the battery. Therefore, liPo batteries need to be discharged and stored with cell voltages near nominal, at 3.8v.

As long as the voltage is 3.8v per cell, Store your batteries between 40-60% charge for best longevity. Lipo’s do not like full charge, or less than 40% or so.

Too low a storage voltage, or too high will damage the battery.
Check them every month if you don’t use them often
Store lipos in locations as fireproof as possible. Good places are on the concrete floor in your garage, or in a metal/glass box away from wood or carpet.
When storing your LiPo battery long term, always store at room temperature and use a proper container, like a fire proof LiPo bag.
Store in temperature-controlled locations – not too hot, and not too cold, and as dry as possible.
2020-11-24
Use props
cheddar-man
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44062 ft

United Kingdom

adityaag Posted at 11-22 14:06
Hey DJI Mindy. I’ve finally gotten my controller back and trying to fly. I can’t seem to get to the Camera View on the DJI GO app on my iPhone XS. Any ideas? The secret firmware page shows the controller running 1.9.3. How can I get help with this?

What do you see on the XS screen - take a screen shot and post it........
2020-11-25
Use props
adityaag
lvl.1

United States

cheddar-man Posted at 11-25 07:37
What do you see on the XS screen - take a screen shot and post it........

Alright. I got this working. I had to use the DJI GO 4 app to get the controller into linking mode. Then, once it linked with my P3A, I was asked to switch to the normal DJI GO app. All is working well now and I’m about to go out for a flight. Thanks for the help and ideas!
2020-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules