Mini Panoramas - revelation when using PTGUI
2070 8 2020-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bussty
Second Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

I have been making some panorams from the Mini (vertical using gimbal and horizontal using rotate).

I have been having terrible problems trying to work out why my seams just weren't great with stitching errors regardless of settings I changed in PTGUI.

Then last night I worked out being fairly new to droning I was only really moving the drone about 20-30% from shot to shot when making the Pano so my overlap was about 70-80% I was doing this as I thought the Mini files could be tricky for PTGUI to stitch and the more overlap the better.

So then I tried removing about half the images and just running with a 20-30% overlap........ the stitching and panorama were perfect!

That might help some Mini users using PTGUI to stitch panos.

High Quality Download

Compare.PNG
DJI_0576 Panorama.jpg
DJI_0576 Panorama.jpg
DJI_0576 Panorama.jpg
2020-5-25
Use props
Bussty
Second Officer
New Zealand

Opps not sure where those extra images came from and don't seem to be able to delete via edit but you get the idea! :-)
2020-5-25
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

It's a fault with the forum I share... try with mobile device. You should be able to remove each image individually.
2020-5-25
Use props
Bussty
Second Officer
New Zealand

Thanks but not working...oh well...
2020-5-25
Use props
Vlas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the info.
2020-5-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

True. You should not use too much overlap since the lens is very distorted (you don't see that unless you try to stitch it).
I always use about 25% overlap max.
2020-5-26
Use props
thE29
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14094 ft
Germany

If you are on Windows, try MS ICE: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/ ... e-composite-editor/
Its free and I got better results than with AutoStich.
2020-5-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Bussty. Thank you for reaching out and for posting your experience in creating there amazing panoramic photos using your DJI Mavic Mini. By the way the photos looks amazing. Thank you and fly safe always.
2020-6-5
Use props
Bussty
Second Officer
New Zealand

Thanks Stephen appreciate your comments. You can't remove the additional images can you? I can't seem to edit my post to be able to.

Many thanks

Andrew
2020-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules