New RC NPVT581 Gimbal Movement Problem
7520 25 2014-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MalcB
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I've set-up the new RC with the Vision + using the RC and Vision + Assistants and all appears good - apart from the movement of the Gimbal using the new dial control. When moving this anticlockwise there is smooth movement up to the horizontal but moving the dial clockwise I'm getting movement both up and down. If I move it approx. 5 Deg it moves smoothly vertical but if I move it half way it moves back horizontally. Moving the dial fully clockwise it goes to the vertical but not as quickly.

Before I get back to Support has anyone had a similar experience ???
2014-11-19
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

I tried to duplicate your problem but I just had nice smooth movements.  

Something I did notice was that I had selected the REV setting on my gimbal because I thought it was more intuitive for the camera to tilt up when the gimbal wheel was rolled up (clockwise) and tilt down when rolled down (counter-clockwise) .

Try changing to the REV setting.  If the same problem crops up in the opposite direction that would strongly suggest a faulty potentiometer in the gimbal control and a return under warranty.
GimbalSettings.gif
2014-11-20
Use props
MalcB
lvl.2

United Kingdom

gil@wk.net Posted at 2014-11-21 15:02
I tried to duplicate your problem but I just had nice smooth movements.  

Something I did notice wa ...

I'm a Newbie so tracking the source of the problem down is difficult ! Software, hardware, firmware, set-up of RC or Vision+ assistant.

I checked them all and took onboard your suggestion so now the new RC is on its way back.

Thanks for your help Gil
2014-11-22
Use props
DJI-擎天柱
lvl.2

China

Hey MalcB, you will have you problem solved as you can see many pros like Gil will be here.
@Gil, thanks so much.
2014-11-23
Use props
TAXDODG
lvl.1

Australia

Mine is doing the exact same thing new out the box!  Very disappointing & frustrating.

Can you please clarify @gil...is the movement of the tilt proportional to the amount the dial is moved?  That is...small movement results is slow movement of the tilt as opposed to full movement of the dial will give a rapid tilt until the end stop is reached?
2014-11-25
Use props
w-nils
lvl.1

Sweden

Hi guys, I've come to your rescue. I had the EXACT same problem as MalcB had with the tilt dial not working correctly, but I reached out to DJI support and now it works perfectly! Just calibrate your transmitter WITHOUT using any DJI program (at least I had no success with that) and instead calibrate it according to the picture.

At step 4, tilt the dial slowly to both of the edges a couple times as well as moving the joysticks around the edges, and you will be good to go!

Skärmavbild 2014-11-25 kl. 17.56.30.png
2014-11-25
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I have the same issue, calibration did not appear to make any changes.  I contacted the vendor and they sent a new controller (arrives today); they are even sending a pre-paid return label..  I suspect it will correct the issue as I can see the jumpiness using the Vision Assist app.

You may want to use the Vision Assist app and see if the controls show smooth or not, if they jump I suspect you have the same issue as me, which sounds like a bad controller.

Edit: The calibration shown above had no effect; the camera downwards tilt was still very jumpy and erratic.
2014-11-25
Use props
Domo Kun
lvl.1

Germany

Hi
My Problem was also solved by this.
I have done the x1 calibration after this and now it Works Great.

2014-11-25
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

It took a new controller but now the movement is smooth as it should be.  It sounds like a mix of problems and mix of solutions.

I suspected it was a bad controller because of the way the Vision Assist app reported the thumbscrew motions.  See the video; in it I move the thumb one direction, allow it to center and move the other direction.  It moved all around, jumping place to place.  No calibration changed it, not the one above (calibrating in the controller), not in the RC Assist app and not in the Vision Assist app.

The video is here:

2014-11-25
Use props
TAXDODG
lvl.1

Australia

@w-nils your a legend mate I was sceptical but this DOES WORK!!!!  It is now silky smooth and I can confirm that the dial is proportional.  That is if you move the dial a tiny bit off neutral the tilt moves slowly until the end stop position but move it more off centre and it moves faster towards end stop position.  Move it all the way quickly and it tilts to the end stop quickly.

It took me a couple of attempts but I wasnt quite reading the sequence in the diagram correctly.  My first mistake in step 4 is only bringing S1 down to the first (centre) ATTI position to obtain the second "Di" sound after the initial "Di---Di Di". This step you must flip it down to the the second (lower) ATTI (Failsafe) position.

I hope this helps others. Bit poor on DJI's behalf that buyers of the new transmitter/controller have to go through these frustrations and not be able to get desired results using the assistant software.

Cheers
Rob S.
2014-11-25
Use props
MalcB
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Wow - there's a few of us with the same problem ! Interesting that the new controller came without any instructions !!!

I received the replacement RC and went through the same sequences with different results. It might be that "we're all pressing the right buttons but not necessarily in the right order".

I still had some form of "juddering" from the gimbal but my solution was to use the RC assistant. I calibrated the Pitch and Throttle sticks and "finished" then calibrated again but only moving the new dial on the RC to the full extent each direction then "finished". This gave me the smooth gimbal movement.

It may be that the RC's were never faulty but the manner in-which we tried to calibrate them created the problem

Can't wait for the rain to stop :-)
2014-11-26
Use props
TAXDODG
lvl.1

Australia

I went for a quick flight this afternoon and can confirm smooth tilt operation and flight control.  I really like the tilt function and am looking forward to using it with some interesting subject matter in future.
2014-11-26
Use props
aminul_1432004
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33451 ft
Bangladesh

w-nils@hotmail. Posted at 2014-11-26 01:00
Hi guys, I've come to your rescue. I had the EXACT same problem as MalcB had with the tilt dial not  ...

Do i need to enable NAZA mode prior to do this or stick in basic phantom mode? Pls Reply.
2014-11-29
Use props
TAXDODG
lvl.1

Australia

Hi aminul_1432004

This trick is to calibrate the controller (TX) and doesn't use the assistant software in any way so shouldn't matter what mode you are flying with.  You don't need to hook anything up via USB to PC in other words.

I'm using NAZA btw.

Hope that helps
2014-11-30
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

TAXDODG Posted at 2014-11-25 21:04
Mine is doing the exact same thing new out the box!  Very disappointing & frustrating.

Can you plea ...

Yes, movement is proportional (but it looks like you already figured it out)
2014-11-30
Use props
kamikaze
lvl.2

Germany

Hi guys, I've come to your rescue. I had the EXACT same problem as MalcB had with the tilt dial not  ...

Thank you very much, w-nils.I had also the same issue with my new NPVT581 and PV2+ V3 at the gimbal movement, where it first jitter a bit and this procedure helped me a lot to get the smooth movement.
2014-12-1
Use props
ronniecrossbone
lvl.2

United States

w-nils, you are awesome!!! I received my new PV2+ V3 last week, Thanks to my wonderful wife .
The only issue I had so far was with the glitchy camera tilt/gimbal wheel on the new V3 upgraded RC.
After countless times reading and calibrating until I finally accepted I had a bad one, along comes w-nils!
your remedy fixed me up the first time! Thank you!
2014-12-1
Use props
DanH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 315177 ft
France

Thank you very much, w-nils !

Your post helped me to solve that issue.

I had to start it a few times before I realized that the S1 switch must be toggled to the lowest ATTI position (fully down) to enter calibration mode.

Once I understood that, everything went flawlessly :

Thanks again !

DanH
2014-12-2
Use props
tdy92802
New
Flight distance : 19160 ft
United States

Ditto to w-nils..!!  I received my NDJ6 this past Saturday to replace my DJ6 and was having the exact issue.  Was going to send it back today until I saw this post..  Now my new controller is working as advertised..  I'm Very Happy....  

You would think that DJI could have included instructions as to how to calibrate the new controller for those of us having those gimbal issues..  Go figure..

Thanks Again
2014-12-2
Use props
bs1261
New

United States

tdy92802 Posted at 2014-12-3 07:51
Ditto to w-nils..!!  I received my NDJ6 this past Saturday to replace my DJ6 and was having the exac ...

not trying to jump thread, but I am completely lost, I have a new RC with the wheel, but my issue is the right down stick is not working at all.  Tried to calibrate but nothing, what appl assist are you using? just the 3.6 or RC system? or both? can't get motors to turn when moving the right stick down with updated new, please help!!!RC
2014-12-3
Use props
TAXDODG
lvl.1

Australia

bs1261@msn.com Posted at 2014-12-4 09:44
not trying to jump thread, but I am completely lost, I have a new RC with the wheel, but my issue  ...

Tried to calibrate manually or with software assistant?

Perhaps try the manual controller calibration method that helped us having tilt dial problems?

But otherwise yes I used the latest release of all the software assistant but got no positive result until I used the manual method that w-nils put us onto
2014-12-4
Use props
bs1261
New

United States

TAXDODG Posted at 2014-12-4 21:19
Tried to calibrate manually or with software assistant?

Perhaps try the manual controller calibrat ...

Thanks, will do this when I get hmow from work today, thanks again!
2014-12-4
Use props
aguyinca
New

United States

Thank you so much w-nils!  This should be a sticky for all V3.0 users (or I imagine anyone using the new controller with the scroll wheel).

I was having the same problem reported here (by MalcB)... gimbal wheel worked ok in one direction, but would be really slow going in the other direction, and at times would jerk a bit.  If you reversed the direction for X1 in the RC Assistant, the behavior would reverse.  After the calibration using only the controller (not using the software), the gimbal operates nicely!

For the record, here are my firmware and software versions:
RC Assistant 1.2
Controller 1.0.2.31
Vision Assistant 3.6
Main Controller  3.08
GPS  6.0.1.6
Reciever-5.8G  1.0.1.3
Battery 1.0.0.8
Zen IMU 1.0.0.6
2014-12-8
Use props
mike
New

United States

I cannot get the gimbel to work on the camera after upgrading the software, resetting the controller, per above guidance.

Still cannot use the new controller with camera wheel let alone get the timber to work.
everything else works.

Any help?
2014-12-18
Use props
mike
New

United States

As a follow up, everything worked great out of the box, put as one would think, upgraded software would make the product better. In this case, it has not as of yet.

So to circle back, the gimbal is not functioning. The camera is as you can view the surroundings with the iPhone. Just cannot move the gimbal with the iPhone or the wheel/dial on the side of the new and improved controller.

Any help???
2014-12-18
Use props
brawls4fun.emai
New

United States

Sorry guys - personally I couldn't understand what anyone meant by "calibrate it WITHOUT using any DJI program", so I continued to search online and found this link (below) and it fixed my issue - which was that the camera would go DOWN without issue, but when I went UP with the control disc, it would fly up, then go all the way down again, and move up slowly, then immediately do all the way down again, and so on. In other words, the UP wasn't working at all  (and by the way, If you're on this page and NOT logged in, you WON'T be able to see any of the diagrams posted, like the one in w-nils' post for example).  As a short answer/solution to my particular issue, which I suspect is the main reason why people are here, when calibrating your new controller for the first time in the software, you have to MAKE SURE TO CALIBRATE the gimbal disc/wheel/dial (whatever you want to call it) as soon as you're done calibrating the sticks.  Simple as that.  I called support, but it went directly to a recording saying they were overwhelmed and to call back later.  I stayed on hold in the queue with DJI (SALES, mind you) for like 45min. awaiting my turn, then found the solution online & hung up the phone.  The below link explains it all.
   Sorry to bash, but kinda piss-poor support for a company that claims to the WORLD LEADER FOR CAMERA DRONES/QUADCOPTERS.
Also sorry for being long-winded but the above posts, although probably all on the money, just didn't do it for me.
Good luck.
http://www.quadcopterguide.com/f ... l-on-dji-phantom-2/
~mb~
2015-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules