Rock Quarry
776 4 2015-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
danno1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1043150 ft
United States

I had an interesting flight over a rock quarry the other day - basically a big experiment.  Pretty cool results though.

2015-6-16
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks great.. needs color correcting to bring out the quarry colors though..
2015-6-16
Use props
headkumquat
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16060 ft
Canada

Gotta agree with sploodge. Some great shots there. Quick question though. On a couple of the shots it looks like your P3 was down fairly low into the quarry. Did you have any problems with the video feed? (ie: poor signal strength from the rock on the edge of the quarry blocking the signal?)
2015-6-16
Use props
danno1
lvl.2
United States

headkumquat Posted at 2015-6-17 10:30
Gotta agree with sploodge. Some great shots there. Quick question though. On a couple of the shots i ...

Actually no - I am at pretty much the same height throughout the video.  I shot it in 4K and for those "low" shots I basically did a digital zoom through my editor to 1/4th of the frame.   Since I exported out to 1080 anyway I din't lose any resolution.  The one part where it looks more choppy I slowed the video down to 50% as well - hence the choppiness.

Like I said - this was basically just a big experiment.
2015-6-16
Use props
danno1
lvl.2
United States

Yeah - I am still trying to figure out color correction.  I had been shooting in LOG mode but have had a difficult time working in DaVinci Resolve.  I'm trying to work through tutorials and such though - there is a ton to learn!
2015-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules