3166 19 2020-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djicheaha
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2957598 ft
  • >>>
United States

I own both MM and MA2 and recently noticed that I am unable to "enlarge' the map (mapbox) to swap with the camera view, with DJI Fly app. I can enlarge from an icon to a small map, but it ends there. I have reloaded the app and tested on both aircraft. Anyone else have this issue or solution? I call myself searching threads, etc. But unable to find solution.
I learned that I have come to depend on this map. It may be an inadvert change that I made, but would like to get it back Thanks in advance for any feedback. BTW: Using the same phone, Note 8

2020-5-25
Use props
djiuser_2glKdk2Y4kgd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1249131 ft
Germany

I have the same problem since the last update. I made a thread about it, search 'can't expand mini map anymore'. That happened after latest DJI Fly update on a Huawei Mate 20 x with DJI Mavic Mini, which worked flawlessly up until then.

2020-5-25
Use props
Tommy L
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2029705 ft
United States

I have the same problem on Android.  Tried with 2 different phones, pixel 2 (officially supported) and Poco f1.  Thumbnail gets enlarged to mini map and real time location does not work.  This needs to be fixed!  I know you're supposed to fly VLOS but the map position is mandatory backup.  
2020-5-26
Use props
djicheaha
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for replies. I was checking flight records and can tag it to the last update. DJI, please be notified and address this feature. Thank you in advance.
2020-5-26
Use props
djicheaha
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Just tested the firmware update with my Ipad and all is OK with IOS. Map enlarges to stamp, then full screen and swaps with camera view. Checked again, with Android, not working. Same firmware upgrade. DJI, any help, feedback?
2020-5-26
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 380978 ft
United Kingdom

What app version? Just checking & the map does swap for the camera view. Fly app 1.1.2 with Android 10 on Sony xz3.
2020-5-26
Use props
djicheaha
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thank you for asking.
I updated to the Fly App Android V 1.1.2 from the play store, update May 15, 2020.
Hmmm, odd. I fly with the Samsung Note 8, 64 bit, Android 9. It was working fine until I upgraded last week. I have been using the phone with 1.1.0 version on MM and MA2 with no issues. Now I am unable to increase screen size (swap with camera view). Thanks for the feedback. Let me know if you have any ideas, thoughts.
2020-5-26
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
United Kingdom

djicheaha Posted at 5-26 10:05
Thank you for asking.
I updated to the Fly App Android V 1.1.2 from the play store, update May 15, 2020.
Hmmm, odd. I fly with the Samsung Note 8, 64 bit, Android 9. It was working fine until I upgraded last week. I have been using the phone with 1.1.0 version on MM and MA2 with no issues. Now I am unable to increase screen size (swap with camera view). Thanks for the feedback. Let me know if you have any ideas, thoughts.

I usually flush any cache & settings via the app management post upgrade you dont lose out since the uograde usually resets your RTH etc. anyway.  Have you tried completely removing the app & replacing via play store.
2020-5-26
Use props
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1249131 ft
Germany

I tried reinstalling DJI Fly. Didn't change anything.
2020-5-26
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
United Kingdom

@nomad4ever Posted at 5-26 12:08
I tried reinstalling DJI Fly. Didn't change anything.

Just checked using the mini & despite a battery update all working as it should so no issues with either mini ir Aur 2 connected. Be useful if posts advised Android version to assist DJI investigate reported problems.
2020-5-26
Use props
djicheaha
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

BaynhamPhoto Posted at 5-26 13:10
Just checked using the mini & despite a battery update all working as it should so no issues with either mini ir Aur 2 connected. Be useful if posts advised Android version to assist DJI investigate reported problems.

Thanks for assistance. Yes, I have uninstalled the DJIFly app. Then reinstalled with same version 1.1.2, through the phone, no change. Also through the DJI Assistant for Mavic (directly to aircraft). No change.
I use a Samsung Note 8, 64bit, Android version 9 with success flying the MM and MA2 thru DJIFly app, prior to update. Thanks in advance for any thoughts or suggestions.
2020-5-26
Use props
djicheaha
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Received confirmation of issue from Mindy (administrator)
Hi djicheaha, we appreciate your feedback and sorry for the inconvenience caused, we've been aware of this and will get it optimized via the future APP upgrade, thanks for your patience and attention
So we wait until next app update, hopefully not to distant future. Thanks for the support guys.
2020-5-27
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
United Kingdom

djicheaha Posted at 5-27 06:14
Received confirmation of issue from Mindy (administrator)
Hi djicheaha, we appreciate your feedback and sorry for the inconvenience caused, we've been aware of this and will get it optimized via the future APP upgrade, thanks for your patience and attention
So we wait until next app update, hopefully not to distant future. Thanks for the support guys.

Good you got an update but short on detail, was it specific to Android 9 or specific devices, chipset   Hopefully its not too long for the fix.
2020-5-27
Use props
djicheaha
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Yes, short on details, but they acknowledge the issue, where it did not exist before. The Samsung Note 8 is on their compatability list and was working well, up to the last firmware update. There are other bugs and requested improvements, so I expect they will bundle a fix, upgrades and then post it. I'll look for it when I see it coming. I can work around it until then. I have a Mavic Air that I enjoy flying. Thanks for the follow-up. Enjoy your flying.
2020-5-27
Use props
djicheaha
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

This remains an issue. The inability to see a full map, when you loss VLOS is critical.  This is happening in Android version. Please update firmware for safety. Initial firmware was not a problem. Than you in advance.
2020-5-30
Use props
djicheaha
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Managed to update to 1.4 to my Note 8, and my major issue of map swapping with camera view is resolved. Flew two batteries, no other issues.Thank you for the update. Heading out now to fly.
2020-6-7
Use props
djicheaha
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

All is well, after 2nd day of flying. Thank you for the update. It corrected a feature that I have come to count on. Enjoy your flying.
2020-6-9
Use props
SilverTT
New
United States

I am a new pilot, just got Mavic Air 2 and had first few flights. Absolutely love it. Only issue I am having is this one, I can not get the map view to load. Haven't gone too far yet so hasn't been a huge issue but longer term I would really like to be able to activate map. I updated all firmware on drone and controllers (not sure about batteries?) and the DJI Fly app with latest version but still having the issue. I click the map icon on the iPhone 12 Pro and nothing happens.
2020-11-12
Use props
djicheaha
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

SilverTT Posted at 11-12 08:43
I am a new pilot, just got Mavic Air 2 and had first few flights. Absolutely love it. Only issue I am having is this one, I can not get the map view to load. Haven't gone too far yet so hasn't been a huge issue but longer term I would really like to be able to activate map. I updated all firmware on drone and controllers (not sure about batteries?) and the DJI Fly app with latest version but still having the issue. I click the map icon on the iPhone 12 Pro and nothing happens.

Sorry for your map issue. Troubleshooting: What version of DJI app do you have installed? Try to reinstall? Have you tried another device (phone or tablet)? Is there a map in the lower left hand corner?
2020-11-12
Use props
djiuser_7ADPs6Y4dj8K
New

United States

Bringing this thread back from the dead. I’m a brand new drone pilot - bought a Mini 2 last week and just completed my third full-battery flight. I had the function button on the controller set up to switch between the live view and map view when double-tapped, but doing so did nothing. I then tried setting it up to do that with a single push. Nothing. I do have the tiny map in the lower left corner, but touching various areas on it on the screen only toggles it between that small map and the map icon. I am running the latest version of the DJI Fly app on an iPhone 12 Pro Max running the latest version of iOS and the firmware in the drone/controller/batteries is current.

I have not tried reinstalling the DJI Fly app yet, but I just installed it for the first time last week. Any ideas/suggestions appreciated!
2022-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules