o(^-^)o
andrei193
Second Officer
Flight distance : 240856 ft
Romania

PART I here - https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D593%26typeid%3D593
PART II here - https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D593%26typeid%3D593

11. DJI Osmo Pocket Audio Adapter

This is an official accessory made by DJI. It enhances the Osmo Pocket functionality by enabling connectivity with an external microphone. I consider it an essential accessory and although it is a little bit pricey for what it is, it still is a lot better than what the competition charges for their audio adapter (looking at you GoPro). I don't really understand why they went with this design as it creates a weak point and a potential to damage the adaptor and the charging port if you are not careful. Also, don't really understand why they didn't add a usb-c port, so to not force the user to chose between external audio and charging. On the bright side, they seem to listen to the feedback, proof being that the audio adapter of the Osmo Action seem to have been designed to fix all the shortcomings of the OP one. It integrates very well with the Ulanzi OP-7 Vlog Cage.

Pros:
+  enables connectivity with an external microphone;

Cons:
- presents a challenge to create a usable rig (luckily there is one mount present in this list);
- design seems like an afterthought;
- it creates a weak point and a potential to damage the adaptor and the charging port if you are not careful;
- doesn't have a usb-c port (like the Osmo Action adapter has) for charging at the same time.

12. FeiyuTech Adjustable Pole

It's a good, cheap, lightweight, versatile and high quality selfie stick that should be in every ones accessory kit. I chose it for its minimalist design. Good for those times when you need some extra reach. It enhances/integrates very well with many accessories from this list.

Pros:
+ good, cheap, lightweight, versatile and high quality selfie stick;
+ cheap price/high quality ratio is excellent;
+ minimalist design that makes it easy to store in any accessory kit;

Cons:
- (nitpick) I wish it came with a Gopro style adapter.

13. PolarPro WiFi Tripod Harness

This was a somewhat silent release as not many youtubers covered it and even polar pro didn't mention it in any of their promotional videos (as to my knowledge). It is, in my opinion, the only mount from PolarPro that deserves to be purchased. The build quality is excellent and it allows the WiFi module and the Controller Wheel to be mounted easily. The way it's designed allows the frame to take all the vibrations or shocks from rough handling. It integrates very well with many accessories from this list.

Pros:
+ build quality is excellent and the design allows the WiFi module and the Controller Wheel to be mounted easily;
+ Unlocks many creative ways of using the Osmo Pocket (like jib shots and faking aerial footage);
+ The design is well thought out, making it a good base for a rig that must utilize the WiFi module;
+ can be used even without the WiFi module.

Cons:
- (nitpick) I wish it had a hole for enabling the use of the audio adapter when not using the WiFi base.
- a bit on the pricey side.

14. Ulanzi OP-7 Vlog Cage

This is a must have accessory for the Osmo Pocket if you consider vlogging or even a simple and compact rig that allows mounting an external microphone, like a Rode VideoMicro, without the Deadcat getting in the FOV. I personally don't have a use for the middle back and lateral GoPro mounting options and I might modify it for making it easier to store; or I might get another one and modify it because it's so cheap. That bottom GoPro style mount is just great for allowing the Osmo pocket to be mounted on any sort of selfie stick without interfering with the audio adapter. The cold shoe is thoughtfully placed on the lower part so the Deadcat doesn't get in the way (It only appears in the FOV when using tilt lock and pushing the gimbal to its lower limit, which is a non issue). If this cage allowed mounting the Controller Wheel it would have been perfect.  It makes a great team with the Ulanzi MT-09 Mini Extension Pole Tripod.

Pros:
+ must have accessory if you consider vlogging or even a simple and compact rig that allows mounting an external microphone;
+ cheap price/high quality ratio is excellent;
+ 4 mounting options;

Cons:
- it's not very compact and a challenge to store because of its shape, given by the middle back and lateral GoPro style mounts (on the bright side, is so cheap you can by another one and modify it);
- the locking system could have been designed in such a way that would allow the Controller Wheel to be mounted.

DSC_6367.jpg
2020-5-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there andrei193. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these accessories for the DJI Osmo Pocket. These are great selections and thank you for your support.
2020-6-1
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I'm not seeing the official extension rod on your otherwise excellent list - for me one of the most essential creative add-ons for the Pocket.
2020-6-1
Use props
andrei193
Second Officer
Flight distance : 240856 ft
Romania

I thought of getting the extension rod, but when it eventually came out, I already had too much stuff purchased for the Osmo Pocket that this accessory seemed too much of an investment for me. If the rod offered wireless transmission without the WI-FI Module and a lowered cold shoe I would have purchased it immediately.
2020-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules