2061 4 2020-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Corsairoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 779049 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all

I have been flying inside an empty warehouse. Of course, no GPS warnings all over the app.

However I hit the 'no GPS' altitude limit after flying at about 5 metres.

Is there a way to disable the altitude limit when flying with no GPS? I have about 25 metres of roof above me..... The manual says that the no GPS limit is raised to 30M if the downward vision system is inactive, but can you turn that off?

Thanks

2020-5-26
Use props
thE29
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14094 ft
Austria

You cannot turn it off.. But people use taps or whatever to make it "blind". That works.
Example:

But NO GPS and no VPS = no stable hoovering. Keep that in mind.
2020-5-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Also be careful that you don't get a GPS lock inside as it might fly away into something.
2020-5-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Corsairoz. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Mavic Mini has a height limitation of when flying indoors. When the said drone's GPS is weak, the safety feature of the DJI Mavic Mini will trigger and limits the height to 5 meters for safety purposes. In addition interference from other sources might have triggered the drone to move uncontrollably.  In addition, the Vision System of the DJI Mavic Mini allows the aircraft to hover at low altitudes ( 0.5 to 10 m ), but the ground must have distinct textures, and there needs to be sufficient lighting. Thank you.

2020-6-1
Use props
Corsairoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 779049 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-1 03:35
Hello there Corsairoz. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Mavic Mini has a height limitation of when flying indoors. When the said drone's GPS is weak, the safety feature of the DJI Mavic Mini will trigger and limits the height to 5 meters for safety purposes. In addition interference from other sources might have triggered the drone to move uncontrollably.  In addition, the Vision System of the DJI Mavic Mini allows the aircraft to hover at low altitudes ( 0.5 to 10 m ), but the ground must have distinct textures, and there needs to be sufficient lighting. Thank you.

[view_image]

Thanks for the reply DJI Stephen

Yes, but operationally the behaviour is very different to that manual page.

I was flying in a warehouse, no GPS, a lot of light and plenty of ground texture for the downward cameras to 'see'. Yet the aircraft locked at 5m metres, not the 10 metres mentioned in your diagram. Plus the diagram refers to recommendation, not a fixed lock in the system.

So, I suspect, and this varies from your manual page, the logic is:

IF NO GPS THEN MAX Height above ground = 5.0 metres. And that's it.

So the 10 metres advice shown in the diagram is not actually available or correct.

10 metres would be more than enough for me, I just need to clear some ground obstructions (Vehicles).

Thanks
Corsairoz
2020-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules