6902 137 2020-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mirek L
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609724 ft
Canada

Hi,

Do you have any suggested features you would like to add to DJI Fly?
This app is missing a lot of important features which were available with DJI Go 4 even with low cost drones like Spark.
Maybe we should compile a list of suggestions for DJI?

List as of August 4, 2020. Applies to requested functionalities still missing in DJI Fly 1.1.6:

Safety - battery
  • Custom setup of low battery warning (it was available in DJI Go 4 app).
  • Customizable verbal updates of battery level. Example: 80% battery left, 60% battery left etc. or 20 minutes battery left, 15 minutes battery left etc. User should be able to specify warning intervals. Battery icon is barely visible against bright sky on DJI Fly display.

Safety - RTH
  • Dynamic Home point updates to follow Remote Controller (it was available via DJI Go 4 app).
  • Option to hover on low-battery RTH trigger while in Active Tracking mode.

Application Usability and Convenience
  • Support for off-line maps (it was available via DJI Go 4 app).
  • Choice of continuous file numbering or reset of file numbering (start from 1 or from any chosen number).
  • Scalable fonts
  • Option to configure grey background under icons for better visibility.
  • Option to toggle color of icons and telemerty data - switch between black and white, for better visibility, depending on backgroud of displayed view. For example, user could change icons from white to black if they are displayed against very bright backdrop (cloudes, snow, etc.)
  • Orange bands which are displayed at the top or at the bottom of the screen and indicating obstacles in front of or at the back of the AC, should change color from yellow, to orange to red depending on how far the AC is from the obstacle. Right now they are always orange.
  • Audio reminder to stop any video recording once the app senses the drone has landed. It would eliminate some corrupted files where pilots shut down drone before stopping recording.
  • Audio reminders for all warnings which display on the screen. Currenlty some of them have audio and some do not (e.g. "No GPS. FLy with caution" only appears on the screen but does not have an audio).
  • If  user wants their iOS device to be charged by the RC, persist phone charging option for iOS. Right now this option needs to be set every time the mobile is connected to RC, otherwise iPhone will not charge.
  • When AC is on the ground with engines off, push and hold of RTH button should Launch it. This is safer and much more convenient way for launching from hand than fidgeting with take-off icon on mobile screen.
  • More option to customize DJI Fly app screen: add or remove display of various data. Users could choose minimalistic and clean screen. It is implemented to some extent right now with ability to add histogram, grid lines, overexposure data etc but we could use some more key options.

Flight Control
  • Ability to disable downward facing sensors. Display warning when pilto wants to disable sensors and rest to a default (sensors on) for a next flight). For a detailed case why it is important please see: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=219782
  • Ability to lock flight height. AC controlling flight height automatically and flying at the same height above the ground once locked. This, of course, could be overriden and cancelled with stick movement.
  • Waypoints and course lock.

Photo and video recording
  • Option to display of camera settings being currently used while in Auto mode.
  • Ability to adjust sharpness and contrast of the photos and videos (many users complain about over-sharpened images).
  • Add manual white balance to the quick menu of camera manual setup (in the same spot were manual ISO and exposure settings are found). Right now manual white balance is buried under generic Camera menu and it is not quickly accessible. Being able to set it up manually in the same menu as ISO and exposure would be beneficial.
  • Ability to shoot photos in RAW format only. Right now the only option for shooting RAW is RAW+JPG. For many people addition of jpg image is an unnecessary duplication.
  • Ability to lock WB (in addition to locking EV)
  • Ability to choose H.264 codec for 4k 60fps videos (currently only H.265 is available).
  • Manual settings for HDR video.
  • Lock settings for HDR video.
  • Dlog color profile.
  • Panoramas with Auto Exposure Bracketing

Intelligent Shooting Modes
  • 4k Hyperlapse. There is currently a workaround for it - choose 1080p hyperlapse but save photos from hyperlapse as RAW. These photos can be combined in post-production to create 4K hyperlapse.
  • Focus Track on 1080p @ 60/50/48fps.
  • Asteroid panorama.

Other
  • On/off choice of voice recording over videos being cached (mobile recording your voice which is superimposed on cached videos during flight – it was available in DJI Go 4 app).
  • Customizable period when the battery starts to auto-discharge. Right now, if idle for 5 days, battery will auto discharge to 60%. Users should be able to extend this period to few weeks. The reason is, if you are hiking or canoeing in backcountry with no access to civilization for a few weeks, you do not want the batteries to auto discharge, especially since DJI does not support charging from a power bank.
  • Ability to transfer 4k videos from AC to mobile.
  • Ability to disable 3.5Gb limit on a video file size.
  • Far shot suggestion: Possible integration of Google Assistant with the app. For example, you say Hey Google, Set DJI camera exposure to +1. Or Hey Google, Bring my Drone back to home. Or Hey Google, how much battery is left?. Or Hey Google, switch drone to 48MP mode.

Concerns addressed with DJI Fly 1.1.4
  • Highlight critical information on the screen. Critical info icons are highlighted in red.

Concerns addressed with DJI Fly 1.1.6
  • Gimbal wheel adjustments: sensitivity and speed.
  • Stick adjustments: sensitivity and speed - yaw control.
  • Battery usage graph on top of the screen – display of how much battery is left to RTH and to critical low. With a tap on a battery graph DJI Fly now displays exact time left to RTH, Forced landing and total battery depletion.

Please add your wishes to this thread. Perhaps DJI will listen.

Mirek

2020-5-26
Use props
tbhausen
lvl.2
United States

Waypoints mode.
2020-5-26
Use props
B737ng
lvl.3
Flight distance : 297106 ft
Ireland

Fly app is horrible.  When you think a cheap entry level spark comes with Go 4 app.

Fly app is like a kids toy. For a Mavic Air 2 we need an app that we can customise the drone, or they need to give us the Go 4 app back. Im highly considering of returning my drone to DJI because of the poor FLY app. This is my second DJI drone, and after using Go 4 app, I am really dissatisfied
2020-5-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Mirek, we much appreciate your feedback, all your suggestions will be forwarded to out R&D department for attention, we will keep improving our products to make you have a better experience, please keep an eye on the future update on DJI website.
2020-5-27
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Between wanted features for the Mavic Mini and the App and maybe any other models using the Fly app there are several similar threads live at the moment, can they not all be amalgamated into one?
2020-5-27
Use props
Chilebb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 146962 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

I want waypoint and course lock
2020-5-27
Use props
wolframmitbach
lvl.3
Flight distance : 157379 ft
Austria

- Scalable Fonts and icons (to small for old eyes!)
- Waypoints
2020-5-27
Use props
TTrent
lvl.2
Flight distance : 477979 ft
United States

4K Hyperlapse.
2020-5-27
Use props
coudys
lvl.1

United States

gimbal and sticks sensitivity
adding all the features DJI Go 4 has (DJI Fly App is actually DJI Go 5, or at least should be once they reach alpha phase)
2020-5-27
Use props
Mirek L
Second Officer
Canada

Here are Go Fly app improvement suggesstions we gathered so far:

• Support for off-line maps (it was available via DJI Go 4 app).
  • Gimbal wheel adjustments: sensitivity and speed (it was available via DJI Go 4 app).
  • Stick adjustments: sensitivity and speed.
  • Dynamic Home point updates to follow Remote Controller (it was available via DJI Go 4 app).
  • Option to hover on low-battery RTH trigger while in Active Tracking mode.
  • Choice of continuous file numbering or reset of file numbering (start from 1 or from any chosen number).
  • On/off choice of voice recording over videos being cached (mobile recording your voice which is superimposed on cached videos during flight – it was available in DJI Go 4 app).
  • Display of camera settings being currently used while in Auto mode.
  • Waypoints and course lock.
  • Scalable fonts.
  • 4k Hyperlapse.
  • Custom setup of low battery warning (it was available in DJI Go 4 app).
  • Battery usage graph – display of how much battery is left to RTH and to critical low (it was available in DJI Go 4 app).
  • Ability to choose H.264 codec for 4k 60fps videos (currently only H.265 is available).
  • Ability to adjust sharpness and contrast of the photos and videos (many user complain about oversharpened images).

Mirek
2020-5-28
Use props
MisterMagoo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 110922 ft
Italy

I think one function would be really GREAT: I'd like to have the possibility to automatically rotate the drone to my direction.
Now when I want to have it flying towards me, I am rotating it by checking the mini-radar. The rotation is not always perfect, of course, so I need to adjust it several times when it's flying towards me.
With a double click of the function button, I could have it rotated it automatically exactly in my direction. That would be great!
2020-5-28
Use props
JustinSolan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20200 ft
United States

The only features that I'm currently missing from my old Air is:
2020-5-28
Use props
JustinSolan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20200 ft
United States

Not really sure why it wouldn't ship with gimbal settings. That's a huge help when capturing good looking footage. 4k hyperlapse with less than 6s intervals would be great. Manual settings for HDR video. As well as control over sharpening. When the sharpening is turned down on the original Air, the image is much better. Really hope these features are available soon.
2020-5-28
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
Flight distance : 634505 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes all those suggestions are nice..
I shudder to think that  while we are waiting for them to update this  Mavic Air 2 drone, they will release a NEW drone  with all these suggestions, so we can shell out more money to them.
Mavic Air 3?  Mavic Pro 3?
2020-5-28
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

H.264 for all frame rates
Waypoints
Expo for sticks
2020-5-28
Use props
Stoney.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1439265 ft
United States

Permeant Waypoints: we could share and view as a community like cool places to shoot. You would also have the option to make it private of public. This would be like an option on the google maps.
2020-5-28
Use props
Stoney.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1439265 ft
United States

I also want them to fix a lot of the glitches within the 8k hyperlaspe, like when I try to view mine it shows half of it the other half is grayed out and once I am done with a hyperlaspe it will say shooting in progress even though it is done and it won't let me change to any of the filming modes
2020-5-28
Use props
Mirek L
Second Officer
Canada

Updated list as of May 29, 2020 as per feedback from multiple threads. Please see full list in first article of this thread.
2020-5-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Don’t compromise how clear and clean main screen is, for photography cluttering up screen with black or green or grey boxes should be avoided.
2020-5-29
Use props
Mirek L
Second Officer
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 5-29 11:33
Don’t compromise how clear and clean main screen is, for photography cluttering up screen with black or green or grey boxes should be avoided.

hallmark007,

Good point. I changed wording in this suggestion to:

Highlight critical information on the screen. It is easy to miss right now. However, there needs to be a balance between highlighting critical information without cluttering main screen (important for photography and videography). Perhaps provide an option to highlight or not critical info?

Mirek
2020-5-29
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

Well I already put in my 2 cents worth earlier, but a workaround to the battery meter being next to invisible when against the sky would be to have audibles like Litchi does.  I really appreciate the verbal updates it can do, no need to look at the controller so often...  but its probably too big an ask.
2020-5-29
Use props
Mirek L
Second Officer
Canada

Northwood Posted at 5-29 13:46
Well I already put in my 2 cents worth earlier, but a workaround to the battery meter being next to invisible when against the sky would be to have audibles like Litchi does.  I really appreciate the verbal updates it can do, no need to look at the controller so often...  but its probably too big an ask.

Excellent idea - added to the list of wishes.
I also specified that warning intervals should be customizable.
I miss battery level graph which existed in DJI Go 4 app.

Mirek
2020-5-29
Use props
djiuser_VGm0IoMq0pkr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 915669 ft
  • >>>
United States

Waypoints, tap to fly, ability to adjust sharpness, contrast, and saturation, gimbal control adjustments, exp adjustments.
2020-5-29
Use props
Lucas Parker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35797 ft
United States

This is the awesome topic.

WAYPOINT and COURSE LOCK. And for the hyperlapse there are waypoint and course lock already. Doesn't make any sense not to have them as intelligent flight modes.
Gimbal wheel adjustments
Custom setup of low battery warning
Battery usage graph
2020-5-29
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

So I just read this on another forum about the updates and when they may happen
Check it out..
Cult of Drone/ Mavic Air 2 Big Updates In Q3: Gimbal/Camera/Exposure Settings And More!
2020-5-30
Use props
Magicdroner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 101086 ft
United States

Mirek L Posted at 5-29 11:41
hallmark007,

I've seen many complain about the white font color on the top half of the screen which is real hard to see when the background is a light sky. That should be easy to fix.

Also, in the spirit of this thread I would love to see Waypoints.
2020-6-2
Use props
Magicdroner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 101086 ft
United States

ET214 Posted at 5-30 20:38
So I just read this on another forum about the updates and when they may happen
Check it out..
Cult of Drone/ Mavic Air 2 Big Updates In Q3: Gimbal/Camera/Exposure Settings And More!

Non-comprehendo.
2020-6-2
Use props
Mirek L
Second Officer
Canada

Magicdroner Posted at 6-2 11:12
I've seen many complain about the white font color on the top half of the screen which is real hard to see when the background is a light sky. That should be easy to fix.

Yes - thanks for your input - both points already there (see first article of this thread)

With white font color I put it slightly differently since there needs to be a balance between visibility and not obscuring the screen:

• Highlight critical information on the screen. It is easy to miss right now. However, there needs to be a balance between highlighting critical information without cluttering main screen (important for photography and videography). Perhaps provide an option to highlight or not critical info?

Mirek
2020-6-2
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

It is in English.
They say that the updates MAY occur in Q3/
that's quarter 3 of the calendar year  meaning July-Aug-Sept.
2020-6-2
Use props
Mirek L
Second Officer
Canada

Hi,

Updated list in first post of this thread with a new suggestion - added to the bottom of the list and related to obstacle detection.

Mirek
2020-6-4
Use props
tonydeli7
First Officer
Flight distance : 3561007 ft
Greece

I agree with everything on first post.. :-)

Plus,manual exposure on HDR Video mode.
2020-6-4
Use props
sh66
lvl.2
Flight distance : 607175 ft
United States

PLEASE!!!!  

4k Hyperlapse.

Ability to choose H.264 codec for 4k 60fps videos (currently only H.265 is available).
2020-6-4
Use props
Mirek L
Second Officer
Canada

sh66 Posted at 6-4 05:53
PLEASE!!!!  

4k Hyperlapse.

Yep- both requests already on the list.
Thanks for your input.

Mirek
2020-6-4
Use props
fansc9274d22
lvl.1
Philippines

We have whitebalance setting already under a menu. But as a photographer it would be handy to do a manual whitebalance through a quick menu like what we have for the exposure setting.
2020-6-5
Use props
Mirek L
Second Officer
Canada

fansc9274d22 Posted at 6-5 12:52
We have whitebalance setting already under a menu. But as a photographer it would be handy to do a manual whitebalance through a quick menu like what we have for the exposure setting.

This is excellent suggestion. I also find it cumbersome and fidgety to adjust manual settings in two different spots - one for ISO and shutter speed and completely different for WB.

I added this suggestion to my list - first article of this thread.

Mirek
2020-6-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Magicdroner Posted at 6-2 11:12
I've seen many complain about the white font color on the top half of the screen which is real hard to see when the background is a light sky. That should be easy to fix.

Except for maybe battery marker everything else is pretty easy to see.
2020-6-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Mirek L Posted at 5-29 11:41
hallmark007,

I agree but I don’t have great eyesight and I can see just as well the fly app as the go4 app, but maybe symbols like gps battery and signal get increased someway for easier viewing.
2020-6-5
Use props
Ariel L
lvl.1
Philippines

Mirek L Posted at 6-5 13:09
This is excellent suggestion. I also find it cumbersome and fidgety to adjust manual settings in two different spots - one for ISO and shutter speed and completely different for WB.

I added this suggestion to my list - first article of this thread.

Thank you! I am flying Mavic Mini and I hope all the features your initiative will have realized by the R&D team of DJI will also be available to any models using Fly app including the mini. You are a very unselfish and devoted to this initiative and the community! God Bless!
2020-6-5
Use props
SeanGalbraith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 891404 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Just giving us access to Go 4 would be a huge improvement.
2020-6-5
Use props
Mirek L
Second Officer
Canada

SeanGalbraith Posted at 6-5 17:18
Just giving us access to Go 4 would be a huge improvement.

Yeah - I remember discussions on this forum and how much people complained about DJI Go 4 and how crappy it was.
So DJI streamlined it, simplified and created DJI Fly. Now, people seem to want to go back to DJI Go 4.
Ironic, isn't it? :-).

In my opinion, the layout and intuitiveness of use is much better in DJI Fly than DJI Go 4, but, unfortunately, it is missing too many features which we got used to.

I am sure that some of our input will be taken into consideration and DJI Fly app will be improved.

Mirek
2020-6-5
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules