449 5 2020-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb84036f4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94797 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a love/hate relationship with DJI.

They made good products.  I don't think there is any denying that.  I love that.

They nerf their products and exclude features (even features that were promised) often saying that hardware doesn't support the ability to do those things.  This is often disproved by a 3rd party releasing software that makes the feature possible.  I hate that.

Today I got an Osmo Pocket.  Why?  Because the Osmo+ I have is nerfed and can't do some of the things (or can only do it in 720!) that it should be able to do.  After the (overly) long setup process I do some test recording.  Guess what?  The SD card included in the OFFICIAL accessories kit can't handle 4k video.  How is this possible?  How can the company justify including something that doesn't meet the required specs that they publish?

Come on.  Get it together.
2020-5-26
Use props
djiuser_TpLi7gKjumKq
lvl.2
Sweden

Tell me about it! :| The worst part of it is that it doesn't even show any error messages or warnings about it, It just stops recording after some time without any explanation!

For comparison I have a $99 Zoom H1n field recorder, which performs a full benchmark test when you insert a new SD card, to verify the performance and integrity of the SD card, so it can actually detect fake SD cards for you!
2020-5-26
Use props
fansb84036f4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94797 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_TpLi7gKjumKq Posted at 5-26 13:10
Tell me about it! :| The worst part of it is that it doesn't even show any error messages or warnings about it, It just stops recording after some time without any explanation!

For comparison I have a $99 Zoom H1n field recorder, which performs a full benchmark test when you insert a new SD card, to verify the performance and integrity of the SD card, so it can actually detect fake SD cards for you!

In the app it says the card is too slow and then it beeps and stops.  
2020-5-26
Use props
djiuser_TpLi7gKjumKq
lvl.2
Sweden

fansb84036f4 Posted at 5-26 14:12
In the app it says the card is too slow and then it beeps and stops.

But when you're using the camera stand-alone and it's not connected to a phone, there is no error message or anything! It just stops recording without any explanation, and if you are in Panorama mode, it shoots couple of the angles and stops without any explanation whatsoever! Clearly shows that they didn't spend anytime testing the product and thinking about all scenarios, before sending the product to the market!
2020-5-26
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Where did you buy the pocket from? I ask because some third party vendors include
things like SD cards to make the sell. I purchased my Pocket from Amazon as a package
that included the SD card and I have yet to use it. I purchased a different and better one
all the other accessories is what made the deal. What type of SD card is it? ScanDisk Evo ?
2020-5-26
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Its pretty bad really and it has been brought up before. DJI seems to ignore it.
2020-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules