Return to Home Fail using Litchi
1005 7 2020-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marcusrjc
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I was using Litchi for a panoramic shot. When completed I pressed the return to home on the controller and totally lost control of the aircraft. You can see the corkscrewing on the attached photo.

As far as I can remember, I couldn't come out of return to home. As reported on a previous post I may have panicked and pressed more than once which I believe toggles between RTH and cancelling. At one point the controller issued an overheating warning. As you can see this corskcrewing happened again, couldn't reduce height manually. Interestingly on the first corkscrew using the 'phantom help' site - see below, the joystick controllers seem to be pushed across and up which I know they weren't. The previously day I had a flyaway which luckily landed softly in a hedge where a similar joystick lock could be seen on flight log. I have been recalibrating before each site. I have been also having to recalibrate the joysticks often recently due to beeping. Could this link to the errors with the joysticks on the flight log.

In the end I switched off the controller (probably not advised but prevented me losing drone) and then on restarting it was ok!

I am aware it is best practice to not have dji go 4 and litchi open at the same time. I was wondering if as a last resort restarting litch or switching to djigo4 is an emergency solution?

Flight log: https://app.airdata.com/share/rBxHvr

phantom help flight log

phantom help flight log
2020-5-26
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

It would be helpful if you would post the link to the phantomhelp page where you uploaded your log.  
2020-5-26
Use props
Marcusrjc
lvl.1

United Kingdom

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/BAJP83SB6LDF6SC1SI0T

I have read that switching from p mode to sports and back again can help. It is something to do with litchi and Panos.
2020-5-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Might be worth posting this on the Litchi forum.
2020-5-27
Use props
Marcusrjc
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Marcusrjc Posted at 5-26 21:38
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/BAJP83SB6LDF6SC1SI0T

I have read that switching from p mode to sports and back again can help. It is something to do with litchi and Panos.

Yes good idea, thanks.
2020-5-27
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

It's really a bad idea to launch with anything less than a FULLY charged battery, although this has nothing to do with your problems.  Many pilots have had drops from the sky launching with partially charged batteries.  

The drone appears to be responding to the controller.  As mentioned in the other forum, it appears your controller is horribly out of calibration or defective.  

As far as what to do in a similar situation, just turn the controller completely off.  The drone must then RTH, and it will, provided it's not in the middle of a Litchi mission.  

Good luck.  
2020-5-27
Use props
Marcusrjc
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Mark The Droner Posted at 5-27 04:34
It's really a bad idea to launch with anything less than a FULLY charged battery, although this has nothing to do with your problems.  Many pilots have had drops from the sky launching with partially charged batteries.  

The drone appears to be responding to the controller.  As mentioned in the other forum, it appears your controller is horribly out of calibration or defective.  

Many thanks for taking the time to respond. Controller is nearly new (bought second hand but only 2 battery cycles on drone). No drops, water damage, always in case - whilst I have had it. I guess that's electronics for you.

£600 for a new one! I have refreshed the firmware using dji go4. DJI assist has a factory/hard reset option. Do you know the purpose of this? Just trying to work through a sequence of doing this against repair or replace.
2020-5-27
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

Marcusrjc Posted at 5-27 05:12
Many thanks for taking the time to respond. Controller is nearly new (bought second hand but only 2 battery cycles on drone). No drops, water damage, always in case - whilst I have had it. I guess that's electronics for you.

£600 for a new one! I have refreshed the firmware using dji go4. DJI assist has a factory/hard reset option. Do you know the purpose of this? Just trying to work through a sequence of doing this against repair or replace.

I don't know - I've never had a controller that behaves the way yours does.  I've never had to do a hard reset.  Good luck
2020-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules