310 2 2020-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A friend was kind enough to lend me his Mavic 2 Pro to play with. Complicated thing isn't it!
Anyhow, I am wondering if anyone knows of a good video showing the use of obstacle avoidance and what the pilot should see on the Go 4 screen whilst using it? It would be good if the video has English subtitles as I am deaf.

I do NOT wish it to avoid 1/8'' twigs or wires etc. @ 100mph nor do I intend to navigate forests etc. I will not be using track me etc..

The tutorials I have so far found on you tube are primarily people showing the drone avoiding obstacles in flight and I have yet to find one that shows the screen.
In normal circumstances if you switch from P mode to S mode (possibly deactivating sensors in the process?) should the Go 4 app issue a warning? I think it said something about an error.

My launch/landing site is surrounded by trees and the house and, after bringing the drone down from height, it seemed to refuse to move towards me to reach the landing point and issused multiple obstacle detected, braking warnings.

What is the correct procedure for bringing the drone in horizontally for a landing when the drone is detecting obstacles possibly beyond the landing point?
Thanks

2020-5-26
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm not aware of any videos showing this unfortunately. Yes once you switch to sports mode
It deactivate the obstacle sensors. Most time if the drone is refusing to move forward you
may just want to move from in front of it. If that doesn't work try coming in sideways, the
side sensors only work during active track.
2020-5-26
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks but to nail down one point, as it transitions from P mode to S mode does the app show a warning message about obstacle avoidance which includes the word  "error" or "errors"?
2020-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules