Ability to input Ground Station Coordinates?
2694 3 2020-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Consultant
lvl.2

United States

I was shocked after reading several articles and videos on using the P4 RTK that none of them covered how to enter the base station coordinates when you are placing the base station on a known coordinate position?  Is this what is referred to as "Mode 2" on the base station - stationary station? Otherwise the only way to get accurate absolute coordinates is using PPK, or connecting the remote to a remote corrections server in which case you don't even need to use the base station.  

Everything I've seen on the P4 RTK indicates the necessity to use ground control points for absolute coordinate accuracy which sort of defeats the purpose of having an RTK drone in the first place in my opinion. All you should need is the absolute coordinates of where you are placing the base station.

2020-5-26
Use props
mbuonanno
lvl.4

Italy

Hi Consultant
2020-5-26
Use props
mbuonanno
lvl.4

Italy

Hi Consultant,

you can find such details in this unofficial appendix to the D-RTK 2 User Guide ...
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =188122&pid=2127989

Enjoy the reading,
Maurizio
2020-5-26
Use props
Consultant
lvl.2

United States

mbuonanno Posted at 5-26 23:22
Hi Consultant,

you can find such details in this unofficial appendix to the D-RTK 2 User Guide ...

Great information, but it confirms that the Phantom 4 RTK is in my opinion a joke...

Why is this information not in the revised user manual provided by the manufacturer?  Unacceptable.

These statements are ridiculous:

"In theory it could be possible to enter the Orthometric height ( H ) instead of the Ellipsoidal height,
but it is better to do the conversion during the image post-processing step."

If image post-processing is necessary, then I see no advantage of going through the problematic steps outlined instead of just doing PPK.

"Sometimes the user input coordinates are rejected even if they satisfy the above requirement."

"In order to make the app accept the manually entered values, you have to press the "SETTINGS"
button, sometimes a couple times."

Gee, this sounds like a wonderfully reliable and easy to work with setup.  More like a nightmare.  Seems like a lot of hype but in reality a fail by DJI.  Lots of statements "not implemented yet."

2020-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules