Where to Get Custom RTK Server Settings?
3319 7 2020-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Consultant
lvl.2

United States

Does anyone know the workflow to obtain the server settings for using a "Custom RTK Network" for performing missions in the United States (preferably free)?  I know CORS can be used for PPK, but how do you get network settings for using NTRIP?

2020-5-26
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi Consultant-

You generally need an account (free or paid) with an NTRIP provider in your area. They will supply you with the IP address/URL and credentials to connect to their servers.

An example is the CRTN network in CA.
http://sopac-csrc.ucsd.edu/index.php/crtn/

Hope this helps.
2020-6-1
Use props
Scott-UCCE
lvl.1

United States

patiam Posted at 6-1 11:03
Hi Consultant-

You generally need an account (free or paid) with an NTRIP provider in your area. They will supply you with the IP address/URL and credentials to connect to their servers.

Hi patiam, any chance you can send me directions for hooking up a RTK drone to CRTN? I am a new user and just got my account with CRTN and trying to get it hooked up to my DJi P4 RTK.
Thanks
2020-11-10
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Scott-UCCE Posted at 11-10 11:15
Hi patiam, any chance you can send me directions for hooking up a RTK drone to CRTN? I am a new user and just got my account with CRTN and trying to get it hooked up to my DJi P4 RTK.
Thanks

Hi Scott-

You just choose the appropriate server for your region and enter its address and your credentials into the  boxes- but the tricky bit is you need to know (and type in) the exact name of the mountpoint for the station you which to use; the software is not user-friendly enough to show you a list of mountpoints, and there's a ton of them on CRTN.
Hope that helps!
2020-11-10
Use props
Scott-UCCE
lvl.1

United States

patiam Posted at 11-10 16:46
Hi Scott-

You just choose the appropriate server for your region and enter its address and your credentials into the  boxes- but the tricky bit is you need to know (and type in) the exact name of the mountpoint for the station you which to use; the software is not user-friendly enough to show you a list of mountpoints, and there's a ton of them on CRTN.

Thank you so much for the reply. It was in fact the mountpoint name that I had incorrect. I just tried again and now it works!!! Thanks again for the help.
2020-11-12
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Scott-UCCE Posted at 11-12 08:01
Thank you so much for the reply. It was in fact the mountpoint name that I had incorrect. I just tried again and now it works!!! Thanks again for the help.

NP, glad to help!

If DJI had taken the time to look at how professional survey-grade software handles NTRIP connections, antenna offsets, and a host of other things, life would be much easier!
2020-11-12
Use props
jivago
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23671 ft
Iran

patiam Posted at 11-12 13:51
NP, glad to help!

If DJI had taken the time to look at how professional survey-grade software handles NTRIP connections, antenna offsets, and a host of other things, life would be much easier!

Hi
I use NtripCheck app for android in order to check CORS status and get mount point list.
2020-11-20
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

jivago Posted at 11-20 12:47
Hi
I use NtripCheck app for android in order to check CORS status and get mount point list.

Great tip, @jivago- Lefebure NTRIP Clientis great for this too, as well as for use as a client to pass NTRIOP corrections to another app.
2020-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules